Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 402
  1. #61  
    This country of y'alls is freaking nuts!
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  2. #62  
    I learned everything there is to know about Islam by watching Family Guy and South Park.
    .,;-#$^***^$#-;,.

  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    I agree that the book burner certainly won't help things. In fact, I think he's a moron.

    But I'd also like to see Muslims take a "first step" to smooth things over and ease tensions. Building that mosque somewhere else would be a nice place to start. I'm just saying...
    9 years later you say they need to take a first step? Why do Muslims need to take steps to smooth out the actions of crazy suicidal maniacs?
    Is it time for the president to smooth out the actions taken by those pervert priests?
    When does the vatican apologize to for congressman ryans death, what did they do to smooth things out?
    Those of all faiths who died in the towers deserve to have worship space near the actual site, if not on the site. There should be no preference.
    We are not a christian state. While some want to fan the flames of tension on both sides by pitting entire religions against each other, the truth is a small minority of crazed individuals think this is a new crusade, or the path to judgement day, or defense of the defenseless, or insert what ever you want that clearly is illogical.
    There have always been crazy religious nuts, just so happens on 9/11 they were able to kill more innocent people than they normally do.
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 09/09/2010 at 01:42 PM.
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    This country of y'alls is freaking nuts!
    Hehe you should see me drunk, on a horse with my rifle, crazy is ones perspective.
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Is it time for the president to smooth out the actions taken by those pervert priests?
    Of course not.

    But I'd damn sure like to see the the Pope do something about it.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    Of course not.

    But I'd damn sure like to see the the Pope do something about it.
    Ditto +1
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    Of course not.

    But I'd damn sure like to see the the Pope do something about it.
    If the Papal office cared they would have done something about it 100 years ago.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    9 years later you say they need to take a first step? Why do Muslims need to take steps to smooth out the actions of crazy suicidal maniacs?
    Crazy thought because they need 2 stop blowing things up.
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    dbd stated the obvious that we were already open and welcoming when they attacked us. Our guard was down, and they took advantage of it. How can that possibly be unclear?
    "Take a Muslim to Lunch" does not equal "Take an Al Qaeda Member to Lunch." How can that possibly be unclear?
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by switchedgear View Post
    Hehe you should see me drunk, on a horse with my rifle, crazy is ones perspective.
    Really....we're all VERY impressed.
  11.    #71  
    Lots of interesting comments - some of them actually intelligent!

    My point is greater than just singling out Muslims right now - I am interested in building relationships with any person who is different from me. I have this belief (strange, misguided some might say) that God created all of us, and that all of us are equally loved in His sight. I am not any better because I am a White Anglo-Saxon Protestant Straight Male. If God loves gays, Muslims, Pakistanis, Canadians, women, African-Americans, and even WASP's, then I would like to get to know them, too. (Heck, I'll even learn to love country music fans!)

    Right now I'm suggesting "Take a Muslim to lunch" - because I see more fear being spread about Islam than truth. I am encouraging people to make it a point to actually get to know someone before we judge them.

    It could just as well be "Take a Gay to lunch" or "Take a Redneck to a barbecue". Take some time to meet someone out of your normal circle of contacts, and see what's good about them.
  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by konsole View Post
    I learned everything there is to know about Islam by watching Family Guy and South Park.
    Sometimes, especially in the last couple of months, I get the feeling that a lot of people get all their information about Islam from these shows.
  13. #73  
    Well it's a shame that an entire religion gets thrown into the fire because of the radical extremists, but unless they can begin to police their own, then I'm sorry it's just an outgrowth of the situation. Like it or not, it's not quakers, Hindus or wickens orchestrating these attacks, it's Muslims and during war time Americans have taken away liberties from entire groups for the protection of the greater whole. (See Japanese camps, American Indians, German Americans, etc.)
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
  14. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    "Take a Muslim to Lunch" does not equal "Take an Al Qaeda Member to Lunch." How can that possibly be unclear?
    Nobody has suggested such. So their organization as labeled Al Qaeda? The driving philosophy they flew in on was muslim extremism. You somehow missed that?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  15. #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post
    Lots of interesting comments - some of them actually intelligent!

    My point is greater than just singling out Muslims right now - I am interested in building relationships with any person who is different from me. I have this belief (strange, misguided some might say) that God created all of us, and that all of us are equally loved in His sight. I am not any better because I am a White Anglo-Saxon Protestant Straight Male. If God loves gays, Muslims, Pakistanis, Canadians, women, African-Americans, and even WASP's, then I would like to get to know them, too. (Heck, I'll even learn to love country music fans!)

    Right now I'm suggesting "Take a Muslim to lunch" - because I see more fear being spread about Islam than truth. I am encouraging people to make it a point to actually get to know someone before we judge them.

    It could just as well be "Take a Gay to lunch" or "Take a Redneck to a barbecue". Take some time to meet someone out of your normal circle of contacts, and see what's good about them.
    But that would be a positive enlightened move, and apparently we cant have that here. :-)
  16. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Really....we're all VERY impressed.
    snark
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  17. #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    9 years later you say they need to take a first step? Why do Muslims need to take steps to smooth out the actions of crazy suicidal maniacs?
    Is it time for the president to smooth out the actions taken by those pervert priests?
    When does the vatican apologize to for congressman ryans death, what did they do to smooth things out?
    Those of all faiths who died in the towers deserve to have worship space near the actual site, if not on the site. There should be no preference.
    We are not a christian state. While some want to fan the flames of tension on both sides by pitting entire religions against each other, the truth is a small minority of crazed individuals think this is a new crusade, or the path to judgement day, or defense of the defenseless, or insert what ever you want that clearly is illogical.
    There have always been crazy religious nuts, just so happens on 9/11 they were able to kill more innocent people than they normally do.

    hmmm why do all muslims need to take the first step to smooth things over?
    Why does all of America have to suffer for a few individuals down in florida. Why will americans/westerners have to be attacked for the deeds of a few wackos?? Why are they demanding that the president go directly against the constitution? hmmm a lot of Whys. They claim that its a very tiny minority of extremeists who are commiting these bombings, beheadings etc etc. That we should not lump all muslims into that group. However, even the most liberal of the muslims are demanding American blood for the afront to a few bits of paper.. Was the destruction of the towers with two plane loads of people any less of an afront to the American hell western public? Compared to that, burning a few bits of paper is nothing at all.
    Not saying I back this nutjob in Florida, but i tire of political correctness. Call the hypocrisy out. Time for an honest exchange. I could care less if your muslim, catholic, jewish, etc etc etc. If your nice to me and mine, ill be nice back... on the other side of that coin, it goes a whole other direction.
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
  18. #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Nobody has suggested such. So their organization as labeled Al Qaeda? The driving philosophy they flew in on was muslim extremism. You somehow missed that?
    No the philosophy they flew in on was simply extremism and warped reality. Something they shared with Tim McVeigh, IRA, ETA, Tamil Tigers, Hutaree group, just to name a couple. They share nothing with me but the name of a religion. If I could somehow take that away from them I would but I cant.
    Last edited by zulfaqar621; 09/09/2010 at 02:20 PM.
  19. #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    However, even the most liberal of the muslims are demanding American blood for the afront to a few bits of paper..
    Please point to a source that proves this.
  20. #80  
    Memphis church welcomes Islamic Center

    f only Terry Jones, the firebrand behind "International Burn a Koran Day," were going to Graceland. A small detour could lead him to the doorstep of fellow Pastor Steve Stone.

    When Stone read in the newspaper that a new Memphis Islamic Center was coming to town, he scrambled to make a sign and took to the street.

    "Heartsong Church welcomes Memphis Islamic Center to the neighborhood."

    This sign hasn't received much attention since it went up a year and a half ago. Certainly not as much as those carried outside Park51's proposed Cordoba House, two blocks from Ground Zero in lower Manhattan, a thousand miles from Memphis, and a world apart from Heartsong's hospitality.
    Stone's counterpart, Dr. Bashar Shala, was overwhelmed by the reception. The sign was only the start of a heartwarming relationship that formed between the two communities. Heartsong eventually decided to let the Islamic Center use their hall while building a new facility.

    Besides bringing their own constituencies together for some interfaith activities, Shala and Stone have gone public together with their example. They appeared on MSNBC's "Countdown" on Wednesday night.

    The conversation with host Keith Olbermann covered everything from their own all-American tale to foreign reaction to Jones's plan for the upcoming anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks. Stone found one more example that should resonate with observers:

    "I heard [Jones] on a station the other day saying about radical Islamists that 'these are people you just cannot reason with.' And I thought that was the pot calling the kettle black."
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions