Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021 LastLast
  1.    #381  
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    I hope it's not in Miami, Tampa, or Jacksonville. All three have higher rates of violent crime than New York. And especially for robbery, which includes muggings.
    Born in Tampa, lived in Jacksonville, wife from Miami. Currently living in none of them.

Is it any coincidence that those are also the cities with professional sports teams? Just wondering...
    And by the way, this comment sounds racist. Strange, coming from somebody as "open-minded" as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23
    No, I do not live in New York, but in Florida. I prefer hurricanes to getting mugged.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdoinit View Post
    And by the way, this comment sounds racist. Strange, coming from somebody as "open-minded" as you.
    Not racist just ignorant
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    Not racist just ignorant
    No, ignorance is not necessarily purposeful. He PURPOSELY does not live in NYC, Tampa, Miami and Jacksonville for fear of "getting mugged."
    But he is ignorant of the conditions there, hence the fear of being mugged.
    Totally different than saying that he refused to live in a predominantly African American area for fear of being mugged which would be being racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    This is not intended as a rebuttal to what you had to say, but an interesting fact: The Tamil Tigers, who are Hindus, are "credited" both with the invention of the suicide-bomb jacket and the practice of employing women as suicide bombers.
    You'll have to forgive me, I'm not too well versed on the subject, but weren't they more for the creation of their own state? I don't think their violence could be considered religious in origin, although it certainly qualifies as terrorism in my book.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    But he is ignorant of the conditions there, hence the fear of being mugged.
    Totally different than saying that he refused to live in a predominantly African American area for fear of being mugged which would be being racist.
    He refuses to live there because he thinks that those cities are over-run by minorities just waiting for him to pass through there so they can mug him.
  8.    #388  
    I don't live there because my job is not there. I actually like all three places (and NYC).
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23
    No, I do not live in New York, but in Florida. I prefer hurricanes to getting mugged.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post
    I actually like all three places (and NYC).

Are you a politician?
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 09/14/2010 at 04:04 PM.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    You'll have to forgive me, I'm not too well versed on the subject, but weren't they more for the creation of their own state? I don't think their violence could be considered religious in origin, although it certainly qualifies as terrorism in my book.
    This is true. The primary motivation of the LTTE is the creation of a Tamil state--although it would certainly be a Hindu state.
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    This is true. The primary motivation of the LTTE is the creation of a Tamil state--although it would certainly be a Hindu state.
    Interesting. I'll have to read up on it. Have there been any attacks by the LTTE against other nations or cultures, or is their violence directed at those who posed an obstacle to their mission in the immediate area?
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Interesting. I'll have to read up on it. Have there been any attacks by the LTTE against other nations or cultures, or is their violence directed at those who posed an obstacle to their mission in the immediate area?
    Just to clarify, the LTTE is a secular movement but the largest religion in the group is Hinduism. Early on, there were some Muslims but they began to see the Muslims as supporters of the Sri Lankan government so they kicked them out of the northern Tamil-controlled areas.

To answer your question, most of the attacks have been against Sri Lankan government but I think the biggest international concern is that they've been involved in training other major organizations like MILF and ASG and smuggling arms and such.
    Personally, I take great offense to all of this in that no one is offering to take the real oppressed religious viewpoint (agnostics/atheists) out to lunch, or even better a beer.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Personally, I take great offense to all of this in that no one is offering to take the real oppressed religious viewpoint (agnostics/atheists) out to lunch, or even better a beer.
    Atheist I can do. Last time I went out with an agnostic, he could never decide on which beer to order.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdoinit View Post
    Isn't it racist to assume that his fear of muggings was due to a population of a specific race, and not because NY is filled with people who like mugging other people?
    Pretty sure it was a joke too. Let's not get personal, you ******* *** ***** ** ***** ** * ***** Sweedish **** **** in the back of your ******* **** with a nine iron **** licker!

Atheist I can do. Last time I went out with an agnostic, he could never decide on which beer to order.
    Bwaaahahahahaha!
    Post of the day? I do believe we have a winner!

Isn't it racist to assume that his fear of muggings was due to a population of a specific race, and not because NY is filled with people who like mugging other people?
    Pretty sure it was a joke too. Let's not get personal, you ******* *** ***** ** ***** ** * ***** Sweedish **** **** in the back of your ******* **** with a nine iron **** licker!
    That's an all-star post.
    Thanks.
    ITYM, he 'didn't know' which beer to order.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    I guess if you provided a winkie smiley we could see you were just goofing around. But because you didn't, I think you need to cool off.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I guess if you provided a winkie smiley we could see you were just goofing around. But because you didn't, I think you need to cool off.
    I can't stand emoticons.
    And if it wasn't obvious, I once again must take up the cause for sarcasm font. Palm, I'm looking at you!