Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Can't you religious types put the daggers away for a few minutes?
    No they can't, if they are wrong they burn in hell.
    Somehow convincing the opposing side here on earth, increases their odds of picking the right side and thus ascending instead of descending. I will be laughing my *** off as all are reincarnated into part of the same plant.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    10 percent? Welcome to the pulling numbers outta our butts Show...

Here's your host, Micael!

Should we count the deaths at Jonestown? How about the suicides from priest molestations? How about the people burned at the stake as heretics? How about those killed in christian death-camps in Croatia? DO they count?

If your point is there are more Muslim followers today than christian and that's why there is more fundamentalists, I see your point... if you are insinuating Islam is home to more murders than Christianity because of the teachings, you are DEAD WRONG.
    Plz do school us in teaching of Islam and life of Mohammed if you will pretty plz with cherry on top-- Thanks in advance.
    did he just say 10% of muslims are radical extemists? Smh...
    [QUOTE=ryleyinstl;2651529][IMG]

ROFL - Extra butter please.
    Can't you religious types put the daggers away for a few minutes?
    I've always found it amazing, how much horror has been caused by religion.

Hypocrisy is above all.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    Plz do school us in teaching of Islam and life of Mohammed if you will pretty plz with cherry on top-- Thanks in advance.
    I'm not Muslim. But I can tell you that nowhere in the bible does it say to kill doctors who preform abortions, or kill your own children because a single person told you to, or rape children.

So I'm fairly confident there are bad people on both sides of the coin, and positive that there are good people too.

How you can pull a number like 10% is crazy, There are many many many Muslims around the world who are horrified by what happened on 9/11.

It killed Muslims too, what were they themselves happy to die for the hijackers cause? CRAZY!

Partial List:

Samad Afridi
    Ashraf Ahmad
    Shabbir Ahmad (45 years old; Windows on the World; leaves wife and 3 children)
    Umar Ahmad
    Azam Ahsan
    Ahmed Ali
    Tariq Amanullah (40 years old; Fiduciary Trust Co.; ICNA website team member; leaves wife and 2 children)
    Touri Bolourchi (69 years old; United Airlines #175; a retired nurse from Tehran)
    Salauddin Ahmad Chaudhury
    Abdul K. Chowdhury (30 years old; Cantor Fitzgerald)
    Mohammad S. Chowdhury (39 years old; Windows on the World; leaves wife and child born 2 days after the attack)
    Jamal Legesse Desantis
    Ramzi Attallah Douani (35 years old; Marsh & McLennan)
    SaleemUllah Farooqi
    Syed Fatha (54 years old; Pitney Bowes)
    Osman Gani
    Mohammad Hamdani (50 years old)
    Salman Hamdani (NYPD Cadet)
    Aisha Harris (21 years old; General Telecom)
    Shakila Hoque (Marsh & McLennan)
    Nabid Hossain
    Shahzad Hussain
    Talat Hussain
    Mohammad Shah Jahan (Marsh & McLennan)
    Yasmeen Jamal
    Mohammed Jawarta (MAS security)
    Arslan Khan Khakwani
    Asim Khan
    Ataullah Khan
    Ayub Khan
    Qasim Ali Khan
    Sarah Khan (32 years old; Cantor Fitzgerald)
    Taimour Khan (29 years old; Karr Futures)
    Yasmeen Khan
    Zahida Khan
    Badruddin Lakhani
    Omar Malick
    Nurul Hoque Miah (36 years old)
    Mubarak Mohammad (23 years old)
    Boyie Mohammed (Carr Futures)
    Raza Mujtaba
    Omar Namoos
    Mujeb Qazi
    Tarranum Rahim
    Ehtesham U. Raja (28 years old)
    Ameenia Rasool (33 years old)
    Naveed Rehman
    Yusuf Saad
    Rahma Salie & unborn child (28 years old; American Airlines #11; wife of Michael Theodoridis; 7 months pregnant)
    Shoman Samad
    Asad Samir
    Khalid Shahid (25 years old; Cantor Fitzgerald; engaged to be married in November)
    Mohammed Shajahan (44 years old; Marsh & McLennan)
    Naseema Simjee (Franklin Resources Inc.'s Fiduciary Trust)
    Jamil Swaati
    Sanober Syed
    Robert Elias Talhami (40 years old; Cantor Fitzgerald)
    Michael Theodoridis (32 years old; American Airlines #11; husband of Rahma Salie)
    W. Wahid
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 09/09/2010 at 10:02 AM.

7.    #27  
    World religions (and non-religious views) as of 2005

Christianity - 33%
    Islam - 21%
    Non-religious - 16%
    Hindu - 14%

Major Religions Ranked by Size

ryleyinstl - that's my point! Are we so insecure about our own personal faith that we have to hate anyone who doesn't believe as we do and lump them all together as "the enemy"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post

Christianity - 33%
    Islam - 21%
    Non-religious - 16%
    Hindu - 14%

ryleyinstl - that's my point! Are we so insecure about our own personal faith that we have to hate anyone who doesn't believe as we do and lump them all together as "the enemy"?
    If Micael gets to make up numbers, why can't I?

Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post

Christianity - 33%
    Islam - 21%
    Non-religious - 16%
    Hindu - 14%

I think faith is the root of the issue here. If everyone didn't have any they could fight about normal things....
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    I'm not Muslim. But I can tell you that nowhere in the bible does it say to kill doctors who preform abortions, or kill your own children because a single person told you to, or rape children.

So I'm fairly confident there are bad people on both sides of the coin, and positive that there are good people too.
    But i didnt ask you about Bible or Christianity....you were very confident about Islam as you previously stated

if you are insinuating Islam is home to more murders than Christianity because of the teachings, you are DEAD WRONG
    Surely, u must know something that i dont...as i lived more then half of my teenage life in MiddleEast and being a non-muslim... Islamic studies was forced on me... please do indulge me i'm listening.
    But i didnt ask you about Bible or Christianity....you were very confident about Islam as you previously stated

Surely, u must know something that i dont...as i lived more then half of my teenage life in MiddleEast and being a non-muslim... Islamic studies was forced on me... please do indulge me i'm listening.
    I could give a rats **** where you come from, you are the same as anyone else. You don't get to paint an entire culture or religion with a single stroke.

if a hacker did a crime, why don't we burn all the computer ? T__T
    Palm Pixi Plus Vodafone on o2 Network
    Dropbox. It goes to 11. Get Dropbox HERE
    I could give a rats **** where you come from, you are the same as anyone else. You don't get to paint an entire culture or religion with a single stroke.
    So stop jerking around and tell me about Islam.....im all ears.
    So stop jerking around and tell me about Islam.....im all ears.
    I'm not arrogant or stupid enough to "teach" others about something I myself know little about. I'll leave that to others...

I do know several Muslims, and had the pleasure of serving in the army with some. These people are good people. I also know, that discrimination and or prejudice based on religion is wrong. Which ever religion it may be.

Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    10 percent? Welcome to the pulling numbers outta our butts Show...

Here's your host, Micael!

Should we count the deaths at Jonestown? How about the suicides from priest molestations? How about the people burned at the stake as heretics? How about those killed in christian death-camps in Croatia? DO they count?

If your point is there are more Muslim followers today than christian and that's why there is more fundamentalists, I see your point... if you are insinuating Islam is home to more murders than Christianity because of the teachings, you are DEAD WRONG.
    Wow, amazing. You got all of that out of my post? lol!

I didn't even begin to say any of this. Having fun making your own points to yourself?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    I couldn't see past the prejudice to see your original point, sorry. What was it? 10% of Muslims are terrorists???

Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    If Micael gets to make up numbers, why can't I?
    You're only assuming I pulled that number out of my ****. I didn't, mlp. Look around the net and you'll find numbers of anywhere from 1% to 34%, and everywhere in between. It's subjective, and each estimate takes slightly different reference metrics as inputs. But what seems to me at least to be the mean, and indeed most of these estimates seem to land around 7-15%.

I did actually look in to it before said that, mlp. Ok, we can call it a guess, but a researched guess at least.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    I think faith is the root of the issue here. If everyone didn't have any they could fight about normal things....
    Don't know why I'm getting involved in this pointless discussion, but here it goes. The problem in not simply religion, but the intersection of religion and politics.

Nobody has issues with say the Quakers (and I am NOT one) because they do what they do and it is for those who are voluntarily part of their community. When a religion chooses to force it's dictates on non-believers, that is a POLITICAL issue and is where the horrors always start. Doesn't matter if it is Muslim, Christian, Hindu or whatever. No different that any totalitarian regime forcing a policy on its citizens.

Most major faiths teach (in their 'holy texts' at least) that it members should reject temporal power. But very few actually live by those words because they feel that they are the 'agents' of God's will. And those who speak of not being involved in politics from a religious context are discounted as 'fringe' or 'sects'.

Anytime a religion involves itself in politics to further it ends (and that includes yours - in a general sense- too), that is the cause of the problem. It not just the faiths with whom you don't agree with with the problem. Unless your practice eschews political involvement, it's very likely you too.

If you believe in a God, isn't he big enough to fight his own fights without any of us picking up weapons, political or otherwise to "enforce" his will?

Just saying...
    The net? What's your source?

Its a ridiculous thing to say. You have NO idea how many religious zealots there are in the world. There is no zealot census. We know they belong to every religion. Isn't the issue the extremism itself, not which side its for?

What is gained from taking one religion and assigning a figure? Is it your belief there are more Muslim extremists than Christian?

What should be done then?

Quote Originally Posted by C-Note View Post
    Don't know why I'm getting involved in this pointless discussion, but here it goes. The problem in not simply religion, but the intersection of religion and politics.

Nobody has issues with say the Quakers (and I am NOT one) because they do what they do and it is for those who are voluntarily part of their community. When a religion chooses to force it's dictates on non-believers, that is a POLITICAL issue and is where the horrors always start. Doesn't matter if it is Muslim, Christian, Hindu or whatever. No different that any totalitarian regime forcing a policy on its citizens.

Most major faiths teach (in their 'holy texts' at least) that it members should reject temporal power. But very few actually live by those words because they feel that they are the 'agents' of God's will. And those who speak of not being involved in politics from a religious context are discounted as 'fringe' or 'sects'.

Anytime a religion involves itself in politics to further it ends (and that includes yours - in a general sense- too), that is the cause of the problem. It not just the faiths with whom you don't agree with with the problem. Unless your practice eschews political involvement, it's very likely you too.

If you believe in a God, isn't he big enough to fight his own fights without any of us picking up weapons, political or otherwise to "enforce" his will?

Just saying...
    And this is the heart of the issue, harnessing religion as a political weapon. Praying on peoples prejudices of a foreign culture to further one's political agenda. Some just fall lock step in formation for it

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast