Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdoinit View Post
    this actually explains a lot !!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    this actually explains a lot !!!!
    I know.
  3.    #363  
    Note to all my Jewish friends -

This is in no way intended to be an indictment against Judaism! I know that the average *** abhors violence done in name of your faith, just as everyone else does. I apologize for any offense.

And I love bagels, too.
  4.    #364  
    So now we're up to bagels with hummus, cheeseburgers and beer, and barbecue (for the rednecks). Any other ethnic/cultural group want to bring something to the picnic?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post
    I apologize for not having the link up - here it is:

Fbi Chart | loonwatch.com

It is an FBI chart illustrating the percentage of terrorist attacks on US soil by group from 1980 to 2005. I am looking up the FBI link now.

This is in response to the accusation that Islam produces more terrorists per capita than any other religion. As you can see from the chart, 6% of the attacks were carried out by Muslim extremists. Islam constitutes 21% of the world's population.

Percentage-wise, more terrorist attacks were perpetrated by Jewish extremists - of which Judaism is only .22% of the world's population. (see chart on page 2 of this thread - religion by world population)

Is it possible to stand by the original premise, with these facts from our own government?
    Oh my Allah. How to counter this. Ok, here goes.
    1) The premise of my argument was that the Islamic religion produces more terrorists than any other faith, throughout the world. But, I will take into consideration terrorist organizations that have nothing to do with religion, and my statement still stands. Islam produces more terrorists than any other organization, religious or otherwise, in the world today.
    2) This takes into account attacks on US soil, statewise or territorial. It says nothing of the worldwide situation.
    3) I am no longer taking your posts seriously if you are going to use this as a rebuttal to my claim that Islamic terrorists make up the vast majority of of terrorist population worldwide. I'm sorry, but take a look at the data. The FBI may think it is, but I have a hard time equating car bombs and suicide bombers to smoke bombs set off by the Jewish Defense League, or a tree spiking by the Earth Liberation Front. You're going to sit there with a straight face and say that because the Earth Liberation Front performed vandalism in Rhinelander, WI, that event is on par, statistically, with the OKC bombing, the 9/11 attacks, the sniper killings? Really? I guess I'll really have to watch out for that hotbed of terrorist activity the next time I go to the Hodag Festival.

Sorry, I'm going to have to make this my last comment on your posts here. You're stretching the concept of stretching to make a point. I guess I should report the M80 mailbox bombings of the early 1990's that occurred around NE Wisconsin. Those numbers should be included in the report to water down the statistics more in order to make Islamic terrorists seem even less of a threat. (I saw it happen, crazy to see mailboxes on country roads explode in a shower of splinters.) I guess this proves the point that statistics can prove whatever you want them to.
    Here is a fact. Killing nearly 3000 people and injuring thousands more is not on par with destruction of property by the ELF in Stateline, NV, or Arson in Olympia, WA by the terrorist organization known as Revenge of the Trees, neither of which killed or injured anyone, or even made the news to my knowledge. Get real.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  6.    #366  
    I assumed that the FBI would have a better definition of "terrorism" than you or I. I'm sorry if you don't consider them to be a reliable source.
  7.    #367  
    By the way, thank you for taking the time to actually read the reports. I appreciate your integrity for doing that. (seriously).
    So now we're up to bagels with hummus, cheeseburgers and beer, and barbecue (for the rednecks). Any other ethnic/cultural group want to bring something to the picnic?
    Bratwursts and sauerkraut to go with the beer!
    @Fisack23-

Just out of curiosity, you don't live in New York, correct?
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 09/14/2010 at 12:20 PM.
    All Terrorists are Muslims...Except the 94% that Aren't | loonwatch.com
    And they also state:
    "Yet notice the disparity in media coverage between the two. It would indeed be very interesting to construct a corresponding pie chart that depicted the level of media coverage of each group."
    I guess they're right. The same media attention should be given to the devastating acts of sabotage initiated by the insidious Earth First Organization, or similar sabotage attempts by Evan Mecham Eco-Terrorist International Conspiracy, or as they are more better know, EMETIC. How dare the media focus on Islamic bombings, shooting, etc, when there are these dangers out there!
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

11.    #371  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdoinit View Post
    @Fisack23-

Just out of curiosity, you don't live in New York, correct?
    No, I do not live in New York, but in Florida. I prefer hurricanes to getting mugged.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Hmm, Jewish Extremists 7%? I wonder how they define extremist and how they define terror attack. Sorry, didn't have time to read it thoroughly but this doesn't sound right.
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Hmm, Jewish Extremists 7%? I wonder how they define extremist and how they define terror attack. Sorry, didn't have time to read it thoroughly but this doesn't sound right.
    Take a gander. Scroll to the bottom for some in depth terrorist analysis.
    Terrorism 2002/2005

Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    I would love a bagel
    Cinnamon and raisin please.

Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    Cinnamon and raisin please.
    Now THERE is somebody who's not from NY. Consumers of cinnamon and raisin bagels should be subject to terrorism.
  16.    #376  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Now THERE is somebody who's not from NY. Consumers of cinnamon and raisin bagels should be subject to terrorism.
    Then that makes two of us - cinnamon and raisin with butter and cream cheese - ah, college memories!

(blueberry's good, too)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Hahahahaha! Toped with honey beeeeatch. Bring on your fundamentalist bagel idealism. Just don't touch my brats or Leinie's Creamy Dark. That would be a declaration of war!

No, I do not live in New York, but in Florida. I prefer hurricanes to getting mugged.
    FYI

Other than having to dodge hijacked airliners and homemade bombs, NYC is one of (if not the) safest big cities in the country. There ARE stats to prove this, btw. It's not the 1970's anymore.

Get with the times.
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    I don't have a problem with Hindus, because a significant portion of them aren't trying to kill me and those in my culture.
    Just sick and tired of being told I need to be tolerant, with no expectation on the other side.
    This is not intended as a rebuttal to what you had to say, but an interesting fact: The Tamil Tigers, who are Hindus, are "credited" both with the invention of the suicide-bomb jacket and the practice of employing women as suicide bombers.
    I hope it's not in Miami, Tampa, or Jacksonville. All three have higher rates of violent crime than New York. And especially for robbery, which includes muggings.