Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 402
  1. #301  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Obama calling the nut pastor in Florida begging him not to burn the Koran.... talk about irony.
    Except Obama didn't call the pastor. But this is a fact-free zone, I guess.
  2. #302  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdoinit View Post
    This thread is a PERFECT demonstration of what our enemies (or whoever you want to call them) want to do to us.

    Divide and conquer.

    I thought we were smarter than to fall for it.
    I guess not.
    Unfortunately, with the kind of thinking going on in this thread, we're making it too easy for them.

    Someone starts a thread saying it might be interesting to start a dialogue with Muslims we know in our own life, and pretty soon anyone who agrees with that fairly innocuous idea is painted as thinking it's just great that 3000 innocent people were incinerated by a group of ******* murderers. In another thread not too long ago somebody said that they had a friend die in the WTC and that it "would have been better for Democrats to die in his place," or something to that effect. Nice.

    United we stand? Bull****.
  3. #303  
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    Unfortunately, with the kind of thinking going on in this thread, we're making it too easy for them.

    Someone starts a thread saying it might be interesting to start a dialogue with Muslims we know in our own life, and pretty soon anyone who agrees with that fairly innocuous idea is painted as thinking it's just great that 3000 innocent people were incinerated by a group of ******* murderers. In another thread not too long ago somebody said that they had a friend die in the WTC and that it "would have been better for Democrats to die in his place," or something to that effect. Nice.

    United we stand? Bull****.
    You make some good points but it is very hard to take you seriously with that avatar.
  4. #304  
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    Since Park51 is intended to promote interfaith dialogue, that would probably go over just fine. Maybe when it gets built, you should visit.

    But I guess we can't trust anything a Muslim says (even that Rahul Sood on the front page of PreCentral seems a bit suspicious to me), and it's probably correct that they're building a terrorist nerve center by publicizing the project in the media, and now that the eyes of the world are on them, who knows what they'll do?
    I guess we'l just have to wait and see what happens when it's built.
    I didn't know Sood was a Muslim. I guess it makes sense that he lied about not teasing us with ambiguous new hardware comments, and then goes ahead and teases us with ambiguous new hardware comments. Damn, is there nothing sacred to these ********s!
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

    Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  5. #305  
    bass turds? You censor bass turds?
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

    Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  6. #306  
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    Unfortunately, with the kind of thinking going on in this thread, we're making it too easy for them.

    Someone starts a thread saying it might be interesting to start a dialogue with Muslims we know in our own life, and pretty soon anyone who agrees with that fairly innocuous idea is painted as thinking it's just great that 3000 innocent people were incinerated by a group of ******* murderers. In another thread not too long ago somebody said that they had a friend die in the WTC and that it "would have been better for Democrats to die in his place," or something to that effect. Nice.

    United we stand? Bull****.
    People say stupid ****, but don't pawn off comments made by those with opposite views of yourseld as immature or senseless. I still haven't seen anyone say that a 30 churches or 30 synagogue in 30 days trek through the Middle East would be a peaceful, or even possible venture. Like it or not, the major moving force behind the vast majority of today's religious based violence and terrorism comes out of Islam. Et we continually make excuses for their behavior or try to pacify them whenever they get upset at some blasphemy against their faith. And seriously, when are they not upset? The pastor called off his book burning, and they're still rioting and burning our flag. If anyone really believes that this burning was going to increase the danger to our troops, I have to ask you, how would things have been any different? Would the fundies say, well, at least they haven't threatened to burn our holy book. Maybe we should cut down on the number of sheep we send into a grocery store with bombs strapped to their backs. No, don't need an excuse. They just need a body, a bomb, and some innocent infidels to blow away.
    Come on. They don't get up in arms when their own imams are slaughtered by muslim fanatics, but take the burning as an opportunity to scream Death to America. How can anyone take these simpletons seriously? Better yet, how can anyone defend them when the only enemy the see is big bad America?
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

    Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  7. #307  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    The nut jobs are the racist, bigots. Which ever god you choose should help you if you ever have a child with a disability. Because those who hate based on race, religion or sex can justify hating anything that isn't just like themselves.

    Someone was born into a family that is Muslim. So their crime was birth? Your a moron if you think so.
    how i think is not the point.. what is a fact is the history of western religious groups. history is everything, you can not compare what is now with out looking at the past. apples to apples. you cant blame an entire country/race for the actions of one moron in florida, however a lot of people of the muslim religion have. they are to this very day killing each other over it. over something that was a thought, and never happened. oh wait, thats exactly what your telling me and others here that we can not do to all the muslims of the world.. is that not correct?
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
  8.    #308  
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    I have never said that every Muslim was a terrorist. That would be foolish. Again, what I am saying is that Islam produces a disproportionate number of terrorists when compared to the other major world religions.
    I would like to see that actual statistics to verify this statement.


    ********************
    "My mind's made up - don't confuse me with the facts!"
  9. #309  
    maybe we should call upon the Muslim/Islamic Census Bureau, for those numbers....

    wait... what?? they dont have the numbers of the percentages of the terrorists of their religion?? well why the heck not???
    what about Hamas and other "organizations" surely they have some of these numbers... No you say?? hmmm... curious as to who would have these numbers??...

    you know who?? NO ONE , because NO ONE in the muslim world takes count... especially when most of the countries are pollitically driven... i dont give a rats behind what it says in the ****ing quran... the FACT is .. that Muslims around the world have been blowing peoiple up since WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY before 9/11 get your ****ing facts straight ... i love these freaking **** ant tree hugger wanna be's

    i can go on but ****ing ******** like you , until you get ****ing blown to bit will never understand


    Good Day...
    Have a Nice lunch ...
  10.    #310  
    I just figured that if a statement was made asserting a fact that there would be actual evidence to back up the statement.

    I am assuming this is an intelligent discussion.
  11. #311  
    well it would be IF you can provide the statistics for a group that would not post those statistics.

    which in turn is the point of this thread ... which in turn makes this thread pointless...

    Facts are Facts... Muslims have been bombing people since before 9/11 and continue to do so..

    ask me for proof and ill break your nose... do some research youll find it... unless you only want to NOT find it

    Germans killed over 22 million people... jews gays blacks etc...

    Christians had the crusades

    the list can go on... but you know what...

    we are talking about MUSLIMS in this thread... or havent you noticed... so stop with the BS grow some balls and actually research and think before you post...
    Last edited by sketch42; 09/13/2010 at 08:32 PM. Reason: spell corection
  12. #312  
    Please learn how to express yourself without using inappropriate language.

    Thanks,
    -Berd
    Just call me Berd.
  13. #313  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post
    I would like to see that actual statistics to verify this statement.


    ********************
    "My mind's made up - don't confuse me with the facts!"
    Well, I don't have hard numbers to back this up. If I did we could finally put to rest to debate of the percentage of the Islamic world that is on the side of, or is directly involved in, terrorism.
    So let's appeal to common sense. First, a simple definition of religious terrorism. Could we agree that it is the direct action of creating an extreme social disturbance, be it through destruction of property, economy, or life, in the name of religion. I'm sure that this def could be expanded ot challenged, but I'm trying to keep things simple.
    So, we can look at the world's major religions. For argument's sake, let's say Islam, Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, and Hinduism. Fair? Now, looking at Buddhism and Hinduism, I can find sporadic examples of religious terrorism, but really nothing very significant or comparable to the other 3. So let's count them out.
    Let's begin with Judaism. Here again it depends on the cultural viewpoint, but I'm sure that an objective bystander could see some of the acts against Palestinians as terrorism. There are a good number of incidents in the West Bank and Gaza that can be construed as religious terrorism directed towards the Palestinian people. However, I've had trouble finding any incidents of militant Jews raining terror down upon another state. And many of the attacks on Palestinians are defended by the Jewish constituents as defending their right to exist. Obviously the Palestinians have a right to exist as well, but the majority of the attacks seem to be more politically based, with religion intertwined.
    On to Christianity. A lot has been made of abortion clinic bombings as terrorist attacks performed by Christians in the name of Jesus. These stats taken from Wiki, the most reliable source on the web.

    In the U.S., violence directed toward abortion providers has killed at least eight people, including four doctors, two clinic employees, a security guard, and a clinic escort.[5]
    According to statistics gathered by the National Abortion Federation (NAF), an organization of abortion providers, since 1977 in the United States and Canada, there have been 17 attempted murders, 383 death threats, 153 incidents of assault or battery, and 3 kidnappings committed against abortion providers.
    According to NAF, since 1977 in the United States and Canada, property crimes committed against abortion providers have included 41 bombings, 173 arsons, 91 attempted bombings or arsons, 619 bomb threats, 1630 incidents of trespassing, 1264 incidents of vandalism, and 100 attacks with butyric acid ("stink bombs").

    If you consider this Christian terrorism, it obviously pales in comparison to the attacks perpetrated by Muslim extremists. I would have to agree that, for the most part, it is Christians that execute such attacks. So, ignoring any arguments to the contrary, let's call it that.
    You also have terrorist acts committed by the Ku Klux Klan, although I would argue that those actions are motivated more by racism than by religion, but we'll include it. The conflicts in Northern Ireland are also a good example, so we can include them as well, even though the majority of the violence was directed at two battling Christian factions. I'm sure you can come up with more.
    On to Muslim terrorism. Well, really not difficult to find an example, but let's use a couple. 9/11. Nearly 3000 dead, including people in the towers, the pentagon, and on the planes. Twin towers destroyed. Pentagon severely damaged. I honestly could list another couple hundred or so more during the last year, but I'll let you have fun checking them out. I'm sure you won't have any trouble.
    On top of these acts, there are also statements by religious and or political leaders that call for individuals to be killed if they go against religious law, aka calling for those who burn the Koran to be put to death. Yada yada yada, I could go on and on.
    Over-simplified argument I know, but really, if you want to prove that other religions are just as prone to terrorism, I'd love to see the argument.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

    Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  14. #314  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Please learn how to express yourself without using inappropriate language.

    Thanks,
    -Berd
    im sorry , after reading 13 pages of this thread, i literally couldn't take it..

    i've unsubscribed to this thread, so i don't have to get upset at its one sidedness anymore
  15. #315  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Please learn how to express yourself without using inappropriate language.

    Thanks,
    -Berd
    Boooo! I call it colorful language!
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

    Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  16. #316  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post
    I would like to see that actual statistics to verify this statement.


    ********************
    "My mind's made up - don't confuse me with the facts!"
    I could also say that the majority of Americans believe it is best not to take a dump in your neighbor's yard. Would you agree with this assertion, or ask for statistics, which I obviously couldn't provide. Really hope you would take my word on it.
    Really man, asking for statistics seems like a cowardly way of avoiding an argument. I've given it a go within the confines of a forum thread. If you have evidence to the contrary, now would be a good time to show it. Otherwise, please don't come with the whole "Prove it!" comments.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

    Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  17. #317  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    im sorry , after reading 13 pages of this thread, i literally couldn't take it..

    i've unsubscribed to this thread, so i don't have to get upset at its one sidedness anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    Boooo! I call it colorful language!
    Yeah, I know...

    These topics can really cause a rise in our blood pressure.
    Just call me Berd.
  18. #318  
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880
    Really man, asking for statistics seems like a cowardly way of avoiding an argument.
  19. #319  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post

    These topics can really cause a rise in our blood pressure.
    Just like this


    Sorry couldn't help it...
  20.    #320  
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    Well, I don't have hard numbers to back this up. If I did we could finally put to rest to debate of the percentage of the Islamic world that is on the side of, or is directly involved in, terrorism.
    So let's appeal to common sense.
    Thank you for taking the time to write out your response with some thought. I would disagree with some of your interpretation, since I would consider the Crusades acts of terrorism, but you chose to limit your interpretation to just the current century. Is there a reason for that?

    You also limited the acts of "Christian terrorism" to just abortion - what about anti-gay rallies, anti-war demonstrations, and the KKK? For that matter, one of my favorite theologians, Dietrich Bonhoeffer, died in a n a z i prison camp for being part of a plot to assassinate H i t l e r. Would that be considered terrorism?

    What do you mean by "creating an extreme social disturbance"? Would the Tea Party (both Boston and current) be guilty of that?

    And why is it cowardly to ask for the basis of your premise?

    As for appeal to common sense - unfortunately, that is not considered a valid premise in logical argument. If you can show me actual facts of percentages of extremism in religions, that would be appropriate. That's not cowardice (avoiding the argument); that's exactly what intelligent argument is - premise and defense. Unfortunately, politics have taught us that "argument" is yelling louder than your opponent, and yell louder when you know that you're wrong.

    My opinion is that it is the lack of education that breeds extremism in any thought process, religious, political, or otherwise. Of course, that is just my opinion. I have no facts to back that up.

    ****************************
    "85.4 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot."

Posting Permissions