Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    As another American, I'd be really enraged by that too--if any of what you describe were actually happening.
    wait... 9/11 didn't happen?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Ah, the peaceful religion. Don't simply be angry or denounce those who deface or burn the koran. Don't try to bridge the gap between faiths and cultures by explaining how this action so harshly affects a Muslim. Don't simply turn the other cheek.
    Iran Ayatollahs Issue Fatwas Calling for Killing Those Who Burn the Koran - Bloomberg
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    People that routinely keep defending Muslims as the peaceful people really are just blind. These are not small factions of religous zealots, they are an ever growing percentage of the Muslim community and represents entire countries.

The fact that their world public figures and Muslim leaders call out for people to be killed just amazes me how people still leap to their defense.
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    wait... 9/11 didn't happen?
    Micael, with all due respect, that's a really dumb comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by LonghornTreo View Post
    People that routinely keep defending Muslims as the peaceful people really are just blind. These are not small factions of religous zealots, they are an ever growing percentage of the Muslim community and represents entire countries.

The fact that their world public figures and Muslim leaders call out for people to be killed just amazes me how people still leap to their defense.
    I'm not "defending" anybody as "the" anything. The average Muslim is probably as peaceful or aggressive as the average anybody else.

That's not to say that extremism/jihadism in Islam is not a huge problem, because it clearly is. But branding Muslims en masse with any label--they are about as diverse a group as can be, culturally, geographically, and otherwise--just isn't practical or productive. There is no such thing as an "Islam" that has declared war on us. If we decide that we're declaring war on "Islam," that war's lost before it even begins . . . No way you're gonna win that one.

I don't think you answered the question I posed to you earlier in the thread. You said something like "not only should we not allow the new mosque to be built, we should relocate the existing one," and I asked "Who's 'we'?" I'd still be (sincerely) interested in your answer.
    ... But branding Muslims en masse with any label--they are about as diverse a group as can be, culturally, geographically, and otherwise--just isn't practical or productive.
    This can go both ways (not to say you're even close to the other extreme). Some here are brandishing a "peace and puppy loving" brand of Islam that does not really exist (or at least has been abrogated by later writings in their Holy Book).
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!

All of Manhattan is not ground zero. Ground Zero is the world trade center site. The proposed library, fitness center, and mosque really is not being built on ground zero. It's 2 blocks away. Should we also put an end to the "Mussallaah" in the pentagon?

Join me in my calls to have St. Peter's and St. Paul's moved back outside of the "No-God" zone!?!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by sudoer View Post
    This can go both ways (not to say you're even close to the other extreme). Some here are brandishing a "peace and puppy loving" brand of Islam that does not really exist (or at least has been abrogated by later writings in their Holy Book).
    Not sure who those "some" are. I am saying, don't hate someone just because of their religion. Or where they were born. Because, it's not very American. I think Islamic terrorists need to meet a 5.56x45mm piece of lead as much as any other terrorist should, including christian terrorist. But not all Islamic People are terrorists. TO imply that is stupid.
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 09/13/2010 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    [IMG]

All of Manhattan is not ground zero. Ground Zero is the world trade center site. The proposed library, fitness center, and mosque really is not being built on ground zero. It's 2 blocks away. Should we also put an end to the "Mussallaah" in the pentagon?

Join me in my calls to have St. Peter's and St. Paul's moved back outside of the "No-God" zone!?!
    When Christian fundamentalist wackos spend decades performing countless terrorist attacks against the US, along with the rest of the western world, begin repressing it's fellow followers into living as peasants in the dark ages, backed by gov'ts of entire countries and culminate their attacks in a bombing of a civilian center of commerce and culture, killing thousands of innocent people of all faiths, all in the name of God and Jesus, I will have no problem backing you up man.
    btw, nice touch calling it a library and a fitness center before also adding that it is a mosque. Do me a favor...go into this mosque and try spreading the word of Christianity, or better yet judaism and let me know how accepted you are.
    Last edited by morrison0880; 09/13/2010 at 12:26 PM.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    hmmmm dont paint all muslims with the same brush because of a few nutjobs who fly jets into buildings etc etc etc.. okkkkk why are these nutjobs, who happen to be muslim painting all americans, heck, all of the west, as being the devil, why are they burning american flags and callling for american blood, for an act, that, 1) had not happened, and 2) never did happen. I would suggest that these muslim extremists also need to step back. For decades they have been killing and maiming anyone and everyone that gets in their way. All in the name of the prophet and Allah, using the Quran as justification.
    sorry, the moderate/liberal muslims must step up to the plate, do a little more then ask the extremists to stop. If they can demand ALL OF AMERICA, stop the burning of some paper, then we have the right to DEMAND they control their rabid pitbulls.
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
    Not sure who those "some" are. I am saying, don't hate someone just because of their religion. Or where they were born. Because, it's not very American. I think Islamic terrorists need to meet a 5.56x45mm piece of lead as much as any other terrorist should, including christian terrorist. But not all Islamic People are terrorists. TO imply that is stupid.
    Actually it is very American, heck its very Western world, it has been done for centuries..
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
    Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    Actually it is very American, heck its very Western world, it has been done for centuries..
    The nut jobs are the racist, bigots. Which ever god you choose should help you if you ever have a child with a disability. Because those who hate based on race, religion or sex can justify hating anything that isn't just like themselves.

Someone was born into a family that is Muslim. So their crime was birth? Your a moron if you think so.

Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    so was forcing children to work and not allowing women the right to vote. So was slavery. Lets just keep everyone (like us) safe and institute an all-white all-christian America!

Here is a guy who knew a little something about using a flag to institute widespread hate. Must have been onto something there eh?

Ya know, he was able to keep them safe from a lot of the crimes of the jews, gypsies, and gays.
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 09/13/2010 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    When Christian fundamentalist wackos spend decades performing countless terrorist attacks against the US, along with the rest of the western world, begin repressing it's fellow followers into living as peasants in the dark ages, backed by gov'ts of entire countries and culminate their attacks in a bombing of a civilian center of commerce and culture, killing thousands of innocent people of all faiths, all in the name of God and Jesus, I will have no problem backing you up man.
    btw, nice touch calling it a library and a fitness center before also adding that it is a mosque. Do me a favor...go into this mosque and try spreading the word of Christianity, or better yet judaism and let me know how accepted you are.
    go to a catholic church and speak about Mohamed. Or Buddha? Jesus is the most quoted prophet in the koran. You side is no better than the other.
    TERRORIST ARE BAD ON BOTH SIDES. This is true. NO RELIGION is better than another. This is true. You can't say that can you?

Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Micael, with all due respect, that's a really dumb comment.
    That's funny. I was thinking the same thing about your comment... with all due respect.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Just like those wacky, strange, bizarre, foreign-seeming, un-American Southern Baptists.
    mormons don't drink coffee? Some have several children wives? Does the press know this?

What exactly is the number of americans killed by religious wackos to get the entire religion thrown in the "evil" category?
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    It's always the same debate, over and over again....
    Quote Originally Posted by srswarley View Post
    It's always the same debate, over and over again....
    yeah, it is. I guess it's being able to say their is a "higher power" that lets people get so crazy. Cause if there is, there could only be "one", and he must favor "us" more than "them".

One tribe ya'll.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    mormons don't drink coffee? Some have several children wives? Does the press know this?

What exactly is the number of americans killed by religious wackos to get the entire religion thrown in the "evil" category?
    I may have missed it if you've commented on this, so please excuse me if that's the case, but what was your take on this Florida minister that was threatening to burn the Koran on Saturday?
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    I was on here trying to find out what time everyone would be spamming Verizon and ATT's twitter accounts (UK time, wasn't quite sure) when I happened across this thread. As happens on all forums I'm on, try as I might, i can't ignore threads about Islam!! As for the main topic in this thread, the only response worth giving is that Muslims, like all other people, LOVE free lunch. As for the other responses I've read, there are some mature and heartening posts, and some not so mature and not so heartening responses. Since September 11th ( I was at school on the day) a number of people have stopped seeing us as regular law abiding tax paying citizens trying to do the best we can for our families, and instead see us as something much scarier, as though there is some kind of terrorist laying dormant in all of us. And it's not a comfortable way to be viewed.

I was home on the day of the 7/7 bombings in London, by chance, as I'd normally have been out, travelling on one of the routes that was bombed. The following Monday I left for college, rucksack full of books on art and architecture, and having everyone move away from me on the train wasn't the best feeling in the world. Like everyone else, I was scared of getting on the trains after the attacks, but that didn't matter, I LOOKED like a terrorist, dark skin, male, stubble, rucksack, that's all it took for ordinary citizens to fear for their lives. After that I was stopped and searched by the police numerous times, in public, as a show of security. I was made an example of, to make everyone else feel better, the police-woman's own words, again, not the best feeling in the world, knowing people are looking at you as they walk by, knowing what they think about you.

A group of twisted, misguided, extremist psychos who in one fell swoop on 9/11 destroyed so many lives, destroyed what so many Muslims have spent years trying to build abroad, in the States, in the Uk and Europe continue to kill vulnerable Muslims in their own countries. The Taliban/Al Qaida etc are becoming less and less relevant, the world is moving on and no one cares for egotistical chauvinistic warlords any more, they needed a way of staying on top and making people fear them, in their desperation, they are killing Muslims, and in doing so, are showing themselves for what they really are. If they were fighting for Islam, they wouldn't be killing innocent Muslims.
    It's amazing then that you don't hear about Muslims pushing back, as apparently they are. I hope for their success.
    Thanks, although unless the story can cause some kind of uproar and sell papers, I doubt you will hear about it in the media.
    Are you saying we should start petting muslims?
    No thanks, hairgel isn't cheap around these parts.
    Quote Originally Posted by switchedgear View Post
    No I won't take a muslim to luch any day
    1. They don't like cheeseburgers and beer.
    You might have us confused with Hindu's, you know, those other brown people from the same part of the world, they don't eat beef, I'm Muslim and I love cheeseburgers, as long as they're halal
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    Do me a favor...go into this mosque and try spreading the word of Christianity, or better yet judaism and let me know how accepted you are.
    What has this got to do with anything? He'd probably get the same reaction as I would if I walked into a church or synagogue and tried to spread the message of Islam

Now, where's the WebOS 2.0 talk at!