Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 402
  1. #201  
    Arguing that Christian beliefs are better then Muslim beliefs (or vice-versa) is like arguing that one fairytale is better then another.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  2. #202  
    Quote Originally Posted by irateb View Post
    Well yeah, if you want one-up me, then fine, you win. I was just pointing out the flaw in your argument:
    ah yes. Then let me clarify. The attacks and murders performed by Muslims are exponentially greater in number than those performed by members of other faiths in the name of their religion/god/gods.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

    Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  3. #203  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Arguing that Christian beliefs are better then Muslim beliefs (or vice-versa) is like arguing that one fairytale is better then another.
    So very true.

    unfortunately One religion's beliefs have a direct impact on my life since I, those I love, and the country I live in, are under attack because of them.
    Last edited by morrison0880; 09/10/2010 at 04:57 PM.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

    Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  4. #204  
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    ah yes. Then let me clarify. The attacks and murders performed by Muslims are exponentially greater in number than those performed by members of other faiths in the name of their religion/god/gods.
    Not even close we'd need to add in the murders during the Crusades
  5. irateb's Avatar
    Posts
    257 Posts
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    #205  
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    ah yes. Then let me clarify. The attacks and murders performed by Muslims are exponentially greater in number than those performed by members of other faiths in the name of their religion/god/gods.
    You can probably add atheists to the list and still come out exponentially lower. I do also think the number of people performing these attacks in the name of Allah/Islam is exponentially lower than the people who practice Islam, a fact I don't think is taken into consideration much.

    Completely off topic, but your sig line makes me laugh every time
  6. #206  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Christians commit many hateful things every day....and feel completely justified to do so due to their faith.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Examples?
    You can't call any to mind?

    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    So that justifies the Muslim terrorists' actions? "They did it too." Great argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    You have taken quite a leap there.
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    Really? Explain.
    Explained:
    You asked and then 'leaped' to your own conclusion.

    Here:
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    No....but Christians and there ilk shouldn't be throwing stones.
    Yes, and no.
    I understand your point that this evil by these certain Muslims should not be used as a reason to stone all Muslims, no more than all 'Christians' should be stoned because of the evil many 'Christians' do.
    However; not literal stones, but there's good reason for pointing out the evil of another group. Not as justification though for another's own evils.

    I'm reminded of:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohandas Gandhi
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
    Just call me Berd.
  7. #207  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    Christianity had a "extreme phase", which lasted all the way up to the Renaissance... Islam is a much younger religion and is hitting it's "extreme phase" and has yet to go through a "Renaissance" of it's own so it's not fair to expect it to be as evolved as Christianity
    Wow, no offense xobx, but that is an absolutely ridiculous statement. That is all.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

    Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  8. #208  
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    unfortunately One religion's beliefs have a direct impact on my life since I, those I love, and the country I live in, are under attack becaisw of them.
    Thankfully you and I live in different versions of the USA.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  9. #209  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    Not even close we'd need to add in the murders during the Crusades
    To..day. T..O..D..A..Y. Read our reponses to each other. We are not talking about the past.
    And for you history buffs, please enlighten everyone about the Muslim slaughters back then as well. I'd appreciate it.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

    Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  10. #210  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Arguing that Christian beliefs are better then Muslim beliefs (or vice-versa) is like arguing that one fairytale is better then another.
    And religious wars are like children arguing over who has the strongest imaginary friend!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  11. #211  
    Quote Originally Posted by irateb View Post
    You can probably add atheists to the list and still come out exponentially lower. I do also think the number of people performing these attacks in the name of Allah/Islam is exponentially lower than the people who practice Islam, a fact I don't think is taken into consideration much.

    Completely off topic, but your sig line makes me laugh every time
    The number of Islamic terrorists performing these attacks is, unfortunatelt not exponentially lower. Granted, it is not an overwhelming percentage, but a very good percentage either perform these attacks, or agree and even downright praise them.
    Thanks on the sig by the by. Absolutely cracked me up, so I had to put it down there.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

    Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  12. #212  
    Well, in the two world wars, how many 'Christians' killed good-o American 'Christians'?

    But honestly, I hope we're not trying to dilute what happened during 9/11 with a debate of who kills more.
    Just call me Berd.
  13. #213  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Thankfully you and I live in different versions of the USA.
    Then also be thankful you don't know any military involved in the war. And be thankful that the 911 didn't affect you, either directly or indirectly. Guess your corner of the country is immune to all of this. Where do you live, so I don't make the mistake of ever moving there. =)
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

    Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  14. #214  
    Ahhh, thanks for the thread and the comments guys. I had a tough day at work, and I really needed a wall to bounce my balls off of. It should go without saying, but no offense towards my fellow webOS fanatics qas intended, so sorry if any was taken. Have a great weekend. Micael, you stay strong! =) Peace in da Middle East, or at least Wisconsin.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

    Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  15. #215  
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    ...Where do you live, so I don't make the mistake of ever moving there. =)
    You have seen my user name and avatar, right? + I was speaking metaphorically.

    At the end of the day people who truly believe in different gods can't ever really get along. How could they? One of them is supposedly right and the other one is crazy.

    I prefer the atheist way and like to give hate equally....it's much more calming.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 09/10/2010 at 06:34 PM.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  16. #216  
    more like ones right and ones wrong, unless you are athiest and then you'd think they are both crazy.
  17. #217  
    It's not just those who believe in different gods.
    Even 'Christians' can't even get along.
    How much worldwide unity has religion really accomplished?
  18. #218  
    Quote Originally Posted by Strikerage View Post
    more like ones right and ones wrong, unless you are athiest and then you'd think they are both crazy.
    Yep!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  19. #219  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    It's not just those who believe in different gods.
    Even 'Christians' can't even get along.
    How much worldwide unity has religion really accomplished?
    In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own.
    -Thomas Jefferson, letter to Horatio G. Spafford, March 17, 1814


    "When a religion is good, I conceive it will support itself; and when it does not support itself, and God does not care to support it, so that its professors are obliged to call for the help of the civil power, 'tis a sign, I apprehend, of its being a bad one."
    Ben Franklin, _Poor Richard's Almanac_, 1754 (Works, Volume XIII)

    "With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."
    Steven Weinberg

    "I do not believe in the creed professed by the Jewish church, by the Roman church, by the Greek church, by the Turkish church, by the Protestant church, nor by any church that I know of. My own mind is my own church."
    Thomas Paine

    The Scientific account is complete, Theology is unnecessary.
    Steven Hawking
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 09/10/2010 at 08:05 PM.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"


    PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  20. #220  
    Hypocrites will be hypocrites will be hypocrites. In ANY religion.
    - dbdoinit
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions