View Poll Results: Who is your favorite rapper?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eminem

20 45.45%
  • Jay-z

3 6.82%
  • Drake

1 2.27%
  • 50 cent

0 0%
  • Akon

1 2.27%
  • Lil Wayne

4 9.09%
  • Tupac

9 20.45%
  • T-pain

0 0%
  • T.I.

0 0%
  • Nas

6 13.64%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    If we are speaking modern rap that REALLY makes it a hard choice because the game has changed so much that it is barely even the same thing as it used to be, I blame it all on D-I-D-D-Y.

I would have to give it to the Gift of Gab/ Blackalicious he is def really nasty and one of my favorites. If you haven't heard of him before I recommend listening to any song from 4th Dimensional Rocketships Going Up or Melodica if your into a more old school sound. If your into more modern style then The Craft and Blazing Arrow is for you. Also the songs A2G and Alphabet Aerobics will impress anyone.

All 4 Eric B and Rakim Albums are legendary and a few singles but it was never the same.

"Street's disciple, my raps are trifle I shoot slugs from my brain just like a rifle" and 3/4 of Illmatic are the ONLY reasons I like Nas.

Notables: KRSOne, Gangstarr, Kool G Rap, Talib Kweli, Ghostface, AZ, Eminem.
    "We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes non-work."
    Quote Originally Posted by manordwall View Post
    Although I do have to agree with him, there can be great songs that never make the top 40 because they just arent advertised, for example lots of my friends have only head "not afraid" and "love the way you lie" from recovery, I like eminem so I bought the cd and listened to every song and im gonna be honest those two songs are close to the bottom of my favorites from that cd
    There are many, many amazing songs and artists who never make the Top 40. The Top 40 is all about advertising and publicity. 99% of it is garbage that "artists" put out to make money...
    Just wanted to get a poll on who peoples favorite rappers were not rapers, rappers.

Personally I like Eminem and Jay-z, I basically only like Lil Wayne for partner songs

Jay-z had a great snl performance with Betty White, I mean seriously I have watched it a hundred times on youtube and could do it again, he was great (so was Betty White)

Eminem's recovery was a fantastic album, listening to it right now, probably my second favorite of his next to Encore
    snoop dog, when he was young. Gin and Juice
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    Immortal Technique hands down!!!

He is undergrounf and not corrupt like Wayne and Gucci and all of those other GAEBAGE rappers.

Cage/Chris Palko is also really legit but not his latest album. Back when he was on PCP and in Stony Lodge Mental Institute he made his best albums.
    Corrupt? How are they corrupt? Because they got signed? Because they make money? Haters these days.
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    Immortal Technique hands down!!!

He is undergrounf and not corrupt like Wayne and Gucci and all of those other GAEBAGE rappers.

Cage/Chris Palko is also really legit but not his latest album. Back when he was on PCP and in Stony Lodge Mental Institute he made his best albums.
    Lol you think underground isnt garbage? everyone has an underground album but being in it purely doesnt make you awesome cause you cant get a real record deal, your grammar proves how much you listen to your garbage
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Let me guess... You're a 'Top 40' fan?
    Sales charts, I meant. Not really, I'm unfortunately forced to hear it alot as i've got 4 children in my house.

Actually,
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    Sales charts, I meant. Not really, I'm unfortunately forced to hear it alot as i've got 4 children in my house.

Actually,
    Ouch... I've had to listen to it all day at some of my previous jobs lol.
    Lol you think underground isnt garbage? everyone has an underground album but being in it purely doesnt make you awesome cause you cant get a real record deal, your grammar proves how much you listen to your garbage
    Sorry I don't treat a forum on the internet like I do an engligh essay... geez

Immortal Tech could get a record label but he'd rather stay underground and spit about the truth of how the government really plays us and how 9/11 was planned. What he says about cklassism is also deep and very true just many people refuse to accept it.

PS I typed tgis on my Pre+ which is why the spelling is so bad and letters are missing (thanks Verizon)

Last edited by BobKy; 09/08/2010 at 11:33 PM.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    wow.. gucci.. garbage.. lil wayne.. garbage.. drake.. garbage.. what we are failing to realize is that rappers and hip hop artists are play two different roles.. gucci, wayne, drake. rappers. nas, mos def, talib kweli, atmosphere, black thought. these are hip hop artists. artist is the key word. wayne is a great RAPPER because he has a good delivery and he caters to mainstream media. he is an actor just like arnold schwarzenegger.. lil wayne commits all types of crimes in his lyrics as do actors in movies, but not in real life. half of these RAPPERS don't even write their own rhymes. ARTISTS (because hip hop is a deep art form) such as nas give you real life stories and it's not always about money, cars, clothes, jewelry, and sex. artists convey the positives and the negatives of daily life through rhymes. the songs don't give you visions of fantasy life of glamour and glitz.. they motvate you to make the best of your circumstances.. they give you truth. i didn't want to go into this because those who are oblivious would not know the difference.. so previously i just listed my favorite ARTISTS. (nas and mos def) but at the end of the day we must realize.. hip hop and rap have become two different genres. hip hop is a culture and a way of life.. rap is just for entertainment. so.. rappers do their jobs, which is to entertain. i don't like rappers so therefore i don't listen to them. i won't talk bad about rappers because they are doing their job. but it does annoy me that people don't know the difference.. hip hop
    How do some of you feel about Wale?
    Eminem with 46.67% haahah what a joke. thats not even rap.
    Quote Originally Posted by d.moss View Post
    wow.. gucci.. garbage.. lil wayne.. garbage.. drake.. garbage.. what we are failing to realize is that rappers and hip hop artists are play two different roles.. gucci, wayne, drake. rappers. nas, mos def, talib kweli, atmosphere, black thought. these are hip hop artists. artist is the key word. wayne is a great RAPPER because he has a good delivery and he caters to mainstream media. he is an actor just like arnold schwarzenegger.. lil wayne commits all types of crimes in his lyrics as do actors in movies, but not in real life. half of these RAPPERS don't even write their own rhymes. ARTISTS (because hip hop is a deep art form) such as nas give you real life stories and it's not always about money, cars, clothes, jewelry, and sex. artists convey the positives and the negatives of daily life through rhymes. the songs don't give you visions of fantasy life of glamour and glitz.. they motvate you to make the best of your circumstances.. they give you truth. i didn't want to go into this because those who are oblivious would not know the difference.. so previously i just listed my favorite ARTISTS. (nas and mos def) but at the end of the day we must realize.. hip hop and rap have become two different genres. hip hop is a culture and a way of life.. rap is just for entertainment. so.. rappers do their jobs, which is to entertain. i don't like rappers so therefore i don't listen to them. i won't talk bad about rappers because they are doing their job. but it does annoy me that people don't know the difference.. hip hop
    What's wrong with money, cars, clothes, jewelry, and sex? I don't see a problem with it. People have been talking about this since the early 90s. Don't expect nothing to change. And Drake and Gucci talk about what goes on through their lives. Drake doesn't rap/sing about drugs and violence. He rap/sings about love and his past relationships with his past women, family, and friends. And Gucci talks about what went on in his life. Drugs, violence, and jewelry. I mean he killed somebody (out of self defense of course). That has to mean something. Wayne he tells stories in his music. Listing to his song "single" judging from how many relationships he has had over the years, I believe he is talking about what goes on in his life.
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    hell rell

Damn, what happened to the Dipset movement. Me and my cousin use to be on them heavy.
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Okay, I like this one:
    well then you should check out
    he actually has a whole album called unrapped

im more of a fan of hip hop than rap myself.
    Palm prē-ist.
  16.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    Eminem with 46.67% haahah what a joke. thats not even rap.
    Eminems rap isnt a joke, most of his songs are actually about his life
    Eminems rap isnt a joke, most of his songs are actually about his life
    And his life is depressing. I think Eminem is a great rapper, but he to damn depressing for me. I listen to Drake for my depressing songs. Eminem makes you want to kill yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    Popularity/Profitability doesn't mean quality?

How does one signify quality to YOU ?

I believe Eminem crushing the charts is a nice sign of it, to me @ least.
    soulja boy is crushing the charts too. he certainly isnt quality.

i think eminem is one of the best myself, but the MAIN reason he sells so much is marketability, not skill, not because of quality. same with souljaboy (except he's not one of the best). Half of eminem's fanbase wouldnt give a d**n about him if he wasnt white. he's prolly the only rapper to get spins on rock and country radio... what do you think that does for sales? likewise, souljaboy's the justin bieber of rap. Kids are gonna buy it regardless. quality and sales are totally unrelated

also there are plenty of rappers who choose to remain unsigned or sign to independant labels (making chart presence virtually impossible) so they can maintain artistic control of there music. does this mean the unsigned guys arent makin quality music? no, it just means they dont have the backin of major corporations who will see to it they get advertising and radio spins.

keep in mind, some mainstream rappers dont even get to (or have the talent to) write their own songs. many of the songs you here on the radio are written by, gasp, underground rappers and ghost writers!

here's a fittin eminem verse about marketability

white america - eminem

"Look at these eyes, baby blue, baby just like yourself, if they were brown, Shady lose, Shady
    Sits on the shelf, but Shady's cute, Shady knew, Shady's dimple's would help, make ladies swoon
    Baby, {ooh baby}, look at my sales, let's do the math, if I was black, I would've sold half, I
    Ain't have to graduate from Lincoln high school to know that..."
    Last edited by Mhunterjr; 09/09/2010 at 09:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    How do some of you feel about Wale?
    i like wut he has to say, but his delivery sux
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast