1.    #1  
    Would anybody admit it?

I'm a step-parent (and maybe it's different for us), but i know that i love one of my two step-children more than the other. As a matter of fact, i'm sure of it.

Is it natural?

Is it wrong?

Is it possible?

Am i crazy?
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 09/08/2010 at 07:06 AM.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    I don't understand the question. What you feel isn't important. What's important is what is perceived by each child. If they both feel like they're getting equal love and attention, what difference does it make which you personally like more?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    I don't understand the question. What you feel isn't important. What's important is what is perceived by each child. If they both feel like they're getting equal love and attention, what difference does it make which you personally like more?
    It's just that people are always saying that they don't have favorites. I'm just trying to see if that's really true, or just something they're supposed to say when asked.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    lol. Who would ask you if you loved one more than the other?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  5.    #5  
    lol. Who would ask you if you loved one more than the other?
    Lol, i don't know, but stranger things have happened.
  6.    #6  
    Actually, kids ask parents that all the time, but of course, you would have to lie to them. (Not saying you specifically)
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 09/08/2010 at 08:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdoinit View Post
    Would anybody admit it?

I'm a step-parent (and maybe it's different for us), but i know that i love one of my two step-children more than the other. As a matter of fact, i'm sure of it.

Is it natural?
    As in within the bounds of human nature?....Yes

Is it wrong?
    Unlikely but some may think it is.

Is it possible?
    Yes. I'd say even more so in the step parent context.

Am i crazy?
    Clearly
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  8.    #8  
    ^ lol
    I only have one kid (step), but I can easily imagine that it's possible.

Would I ever admit it if I did? Heck no! haha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    I believe that any parent,step or non step,has a favorite. As a parent it is not politically correct to admit this,so most if not all lie. Just because you may have a favorite does not mean you love one more then the other. I love all my kids equal but yes,i will admit,i have a favorite. The one that shares my likes and interest and wants to do all the stuff I like to do. How could this not be my favorite? I would never say this to them, and again this has nothing to do with loving your kids more or less. I love them all the same.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    You don't have to say it. It comes across. The other kids pick it up, be sure of that.
    Makes me really glad I only have one child and that's all I will ever have. He'll be the first to tell you that his mother doesn't like kids and he quite likes when I spoil him!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Its a simple answer I love 1 of my 2 kids more than the other DEPENDING on the day of the week or the hour of the day or what 1 is doing at that moment vs what the other is doing etc etc.

example....I discover my 9yr old is trying to defeat my calling "filters" on her centro while my 6yr old is showing me her finished homework.

which do u think i love more at that moment....LOL Now flip the 2 ages for a different situation and we start it all over again.

To actually say I have a Favorite kid is like ME saying I like the Redsox.( see my avatar )
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
    Would anybody admit it?

Is it natural?

Is it wrong?

Is it possible?

Am i crazy?
    I think you are confusing love with with enjoyment.

There is no doubt I love all my kids equally, but I enjoy doing things with my oldest son now more than his younger siblings. We share a lot of the same likes in baseball, soccer, football, and basketball. He even went golfing with me the other day.

The only way I can see loving one more than another is if one tries to kill you.... lol.... that'd turn me against them.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

I just wish parents would be parents instead of trying to be their kids friends. That always ends up bad.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    You don't have to say it. It comes across. The other kids pick it up, be sure of that.
    not in my house,all are treated equal,no favortism, this is something that remains in the back of my mind and never sees the light of day. They can not pick up on something that is not there. You don't know me or my kids,u don't know our relationships so you can not make a comment like that and expect it to hold water.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    I just wish parents would be parents instead of trying to be their kids friends. That always ends up bad.
    Not sure why your comment brought this picture to mind, but....

If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    not in my house,all are treated equal,no favortism, this is something that remains in the back of my mind and never sees the light of day. They can not pick up on something that is not there. You don't know me or my kids,u don't know our relationships so you can not make a comment like that and expect it to hold water.
    It holds water because I've lived it growing up. But I was speaking in general - of course I don't know you or your family, so it wasn't meant to be personal. Lighten up man!