View Poll Results: Who do you want to take over the office?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jim

    2 18.18%
  • Dwight

    3 27.27%
  • Andy

    1 9.09%
  • Stanley

    1 9.09%
  • Phylis

    0 0%
  • Pam

    1 9.09%
  • Kelly

    0 0%
  • Kevin

    2 18.18%
  • Oscar

    0 0%
  • Other, I ran out of room

    1 9.09%
Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1.    #1  
    As for you nbc/office fans know after season 7 steve carrell will be leaving, which leaves to question who will take over the office? They have already confirmed that they will be continuing the show after he leaves. Now before everyone jumps to say Jim should take over, lets think about it from a comedy aspect. Sure, Jim was a co-manager and number 2, but he wouldnt be someone to fill in the shoes of michael scott. My suggestions would be Kevin or Andy, what are your opinions? I will get poll up soon.
  2. #2  
    give it to dwight.
  3. twbbas's Avatar
    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    #3  
    KEVIN! LOL! He'd be hilarious
  4. R_E
    R_E is offline
    R_E's Avatar
    Posts
    341 Posts
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    #4  
    um, you can't (shouldn't) have the office without Steve's character. It would be like having the Simpsons without the Simpson family. The show is about him. Now I realize its also about Jim, Pam and Dwight, but it's really their reactions to Micheal's (and Dwight's) ridiculous antics. You have to change the show at its core if you remove Steve's character.
  5. Erckul's Avatar
    Posts
    137 Posts
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    #5  
    either way, this is where the show jumps the shark
  6. #6  
    Funny... we were just talking about this the other day and here's what we came up with (you can tell we put too much time into looking stuff up)

    I'm thinking they will introduce someone new this next season... lots of rumors out there including: Harvey Keitel, Portia de Rossi, and on the short-list (according to NY Daily News) are: Rhys Darby ("Flight of the Concords") and Danny McBride ("Eastbound & Down").

    Unfortunately I don't think they will put Kevin or Dwight in that position. Paul Lieberstein, who plays Toby, is one of the Exec Producers and let it slip that they haven't even approached anyone yet and still don't know themselves who they'll end up using.

    Hey.. maybe Robing Williams! Just kidding! Get Chappelle in there and stir it up... LOL

    Quote Originally Posted by Erckul View Post
    either way, this is where the show jumps the shark
    Perfect reference!
  7. #7  
    my other choices are Steven Colbert (fellow daily show reporter), and Ricky Gervais (because he played Michael in the original UK series)
  8. #8  
    Ps, I really like the idea of Portia de Rossi. She'd be perfect.
  9. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #9  
    What about a new guy... maybe a transfer from England, perhaps? Surely David Brent is still looking for a job.
  10.    #10  
    Maybe Ricky Gervais comes in as a worker but not so much as a manager, you know what would be really good, WILL FERRELL!!
  11.    #11  
    Bump
  12. #12  
    Why wasn't Creed Bratton in the poll?

  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by noco37 View Post
    Why wasn't Creed Bratton in the poll?

    **** me I knew I was forgetting someone he and kevin are my favorites
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by manordwall View Post
    **** me I knew I was forgetting someone he and kevin are my favorites
    Creed and Stanly for me.




    Stanley: [before the Hot Dog eating contest] I would rather work for an upturned broom with a bucket for a head than work for somebody else in this office besides myself. Game on.

    Season 3, Episode 22: "Beach Day"
  15.    #15  
    Creed or Kevin would be awesome
  16. #16  
    It really sucks that Steve is leaving. I can't really think of a great person to take over....

    - Jim is the logical choice, but then the show wouldn't be nearly as funny as it currently is.
    - Having Dwight take over would be hilarious for a few episodes, but it would get old pretty quick after that.

    Stanley seems like a good choice though. Has anyone thought about Darryl? He used to be the warehouse manager, but got his own office upstairs towards the end of season 5. He seems to be impressing corporate a lot. It would probably be pretty funny with Darryl as the boss.

    My vote is for Darryl! lol
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    It really sucks that Steve is leaving. I can't really think of a great person to take over....

    - Jim is the logical choice, but then the show wouldn't be nearly as funny as it currently is.
    - Having Dwight take over would be hilarious for a few episodes, but it would get old pretty quick after that.

    Stanley seems like a good choice though. Has anyone thought about Darryl? He used to be the warehouse manager, but got his own office upstairs towards the end of season 5. He seems to be impressing corporate a lot. It would probably be pretty funny with Darryl as the boss.
    And I think you mean season 6 not season 5, sorry I am an office nerd
    My vote is for Darryl! lol
    I agree with your thoughts on him and dwight but I don't think darryl would be quite as funny
    Last edited by manordwall; 09/19/2010 at 03:48 PM.
  18.    #18  
    Update: The season opener of Season 7 shows that Michael Scott has just hired actual actor Evan Peters as an office assistant
  19. tsnum4's Avatar
    Posts
    330 Posts
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    #19  
    I think Andy would be a good boss. His character cracks me up too.

    I just started watching this show this year and have been eating up the reruns, I love it. I get three episodes a day in reruns.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by tsnum4 View Post
    I think Andy would be a good boss. His character cracks me up too.

    I just started watching this show this year and have been eating up the reruns, I love it. I get three episodes a day in reruns.
    Only 3?!?!?!?! Ive been watching for 3 years and have seen every episode like 10 times each and still think its funny, with nothing to do during the summer and netflix instant on xbox... well thats my average day

Posting Permissions