1.    #1  
    Do you expect that we can see HP start to break out its Patent lawyers and sue some of the boys out there... obviously after the next device?
    I would say no.

I'm assuming you're referring to the fact that pretty much every aspect of the smartphone market was patented by Palm a long time ago, which means practically every smart phone maker in the world owes them royalties.

The problem is that Palm never defended their patents. It's one thing if they were never aware that their patents were being infringed, but we're talking about such wide spread infringement in the marketplace for so many years that Palm has effectively lost their right to guard their patents.

People make jokes when they see things like the royalties motorola has to pay to George Lucas because they called their phone the "droid," but these things happen because patents are "all or nothing." You actively protect them, or you lose the right to.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    It is as if you said that the result a dog and a cat mating was a giraffe. It's so completely wrong, that it's difficult to argue with someone who believes it to be true.
  3.    #3  
    so what was the whole deal than with everyone claiming that palm (at buyout time) was only worth the value of their patents... according to you , they would be worthless anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    so what was the whole deal than with everyone claiming that palm (at buyout time) was only worth the value of their patents... according to you , they would be worthless anyway
    Thats A Good Question. I Dont Think Palm Should Sue For ALL Their Patents, But Maybe Just The Ones That Would Really Hurt The Competition

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    traditionally HP hasn't been everly aggressive in suing people. However they don't mess around in defending themselves, or trading license rights to stay oit of court. Palm gives them major strength for both.

of course they will go after violators if they can't settle things peacably.
  6.    #6  
    i believe once the new device launches we will see HP rolling up its sleeves against all fruit, portholes and possibly robots alike...

I think that the only thing really stopping palm was resources.. i can almost guarantee that as soon as HP acquired palm.. all their patent lawyers started combing the cob weby files of palm to see where they have the most power to enforce royalties..
    it would be pretty crazy if hp released a cease and desist order to everyone unlawfully using palms patents... man that would prolly include hp lol
    Palm prē-ist.
    Lets say Palm just went after Apple.....How much do you think Palm would get out of apple. Apple has sold A LOT of phones.

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

exactly which patents do you think Apple is violating?
    phone dialer from a touchscreen is a good one lol
    Palm prē-ist.
    Booo, i was hoping we were the Aliens and they were the Predator LoL

12.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by PJaE00 View Post
    Booo, i was hoping we were the Aliens and they were the Predator LoL
    Aliens = Apple
    Predator = Palm
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Aliens = Apple
    Predator = Palm

LoL Makes Sense.

palm predator. now thats competition to the droid
    Palm prē-ist.
    Should Be The Name Of The Next Device. Even Has A Little "Pre" In It

16.    #17  

not the prettiest but itll eat the competition alive
    Looks Like My Baby Momma When She Gets Mad.