View Poll Results: Which will you buy if either?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Halo: Reach is going to be awesome

0 0%
  • Black Ops will be awesome despite treyarch's record

3 42.86%
  • Both, they will both be awesome

2 28.57%
  • Neither, I dont care much for either series

1 14.29%
  • I can do a 360 on a skateboard?

1 14.29%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    As most of you gamers probably know, Halo: Reach and Call of Duty Black Ops are being released soon. One thing that people usually bring up in arguments is about graphics, but in this case the graphics arent really comparable because black ops is going for a more realistic type thing and Halo: Reach is doing something a little closer to evolved cartoons. So I Just wanted everyones opinions on which one your getting and which one you think will be sold more/played more...

In my opinion Halo Reach is going to kill the charts, I loved Halo and was amazed at Halo 2 and that new and astonishing thing called Xbox Live, I wasnt as happy with Halo 3 but never the less it was a good game, I didnt even bother with Halo Wars and I played ODST twice...

However Call of Duty 4 was a pretty kick *** game and so was CoD6 but I guess it doesnt really matter since Black Ops is by treyarch, and lets be honest on World at War the live play was only good for a few months and then a certain white supremicist group that turns in to zombies (I cant say the name, it gets blocked out) is what kept it alive, but It was still a great feature and hopefully a variant will be in Black Ops

Just want peoples opinions...

Picked up Reach at midnight, definitely worth it, its awesome
    Last edited by manordwall; 09/19/2010 at 03:51 PM.
    I have both game franchise and intend to get both games when they come out. If you are interested, check out this video on the Halo Reach Beta. I was intrigued:

"How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"
    have never played the halo series and i never played call of duty until modernwarfare 2 where i developed quite a sick obsession with the game. So i will go with COD
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    I was never really a halo type of person. Something about the big monsters and all the sci fi bothers me. I like the call of duty type military games. I hate fantasy. I watched the halo reach videos and tried to like it but it's just not my type of gameplay. Unless I'm wrong and just need to play halo in order to like it.
    I don't play either games BUT I luv Red VS. Blue and can't wait for new season with Halo reach so I support Reach
    Reach by far.

Black Ops is just another Call of Duty game to me. MW2 was okay but honestly the way Treyarch presented the game at E3 and afterwards was horrible. I will always support Bungie.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    for real gamers it will be REACH....halo is just a much harder game to master. COD is easy to win every time.
    COD hands down. I personal am NOT a fan of the halo franchise. I LOVE cod tho. I was hooked on 4 and skipped past w@w but since black ops in vietnam era it should have some great guns and be better then treyarch's w@w.
    SCK Manager
  9.    #9  
    WTH are these tags on here, I'm guessing someone who doesnt like halo or something? its kind of rude to be honest and I just want to call that person pathetic
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    I was never really a halo type of person. Something about the big monsters and all the sci fi bothers me. I like the call of duty type military games. I hate fantasy. I watched the halo reach videos and tried to like it but it's just not my type of gameplay. Unless I'm wrong and just need to play halo in order to like it.
    You should definitely try it, Im not saying buy the game, but maybe rent it from hollywood video (if there is one still in business) or play at a friends house if they have it
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by activedodger View Post
    I have both game franchise and intend to get both games when they come out. If you are interested, check out this video on the Halo Reach Beta. I was intrigued:

I cant really say thanks for the video, I watched it and now I am antsier than ever for it, its worst than when we got halo 3 delivered before our xbox 360
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I just wana say Reach cuz its gonna be the last Halo game made by Bungie. CoD has been done before, and so has Halo, but I'd just like to think Bungie stuck a big one in the campaign for their last act.
    Quote Originally Posted by manordwall View Post
    I cant really say thanks for the video, I watched it and now I am antsier than ever for it, its worst than when we got halo 3 delivered before our xbox 360
    Don't forget, it is a Beta and improvements will be incorporated when it is finally released.

"How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"
    Reach because if you have friends (lets face it most people who are super hardcore about video games don't have friends in real life) you can play them in the SAME room ONLINE at the SAME time with just 1 LIVE ACCOUNT!!!

I'm going to get it for my birthday along with a new live subscription.
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    I'm going to get it for my birthday along with a new live subscription.
    Make haste with the Live subscription renewal because I read somewhere that the yearly cost is going up

16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by eps1lon3 View Post
    I just wana say Reach cuz its gonna be the last Halo game made by Bungie. CoD has been done before, and so has Halo, but I'd just like to think Bungie stuck a big one in the campaign for their last act.
    I dont think it will be bungies last game, Halo is one of the most successful franchises in just about all of video games, so its likely to continue on hopefully not to quickly like they did with halo wars, which was just a disgrace
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by manordwall View Post
    I dont think it will be bungies last game, Halo is one of the most successful franchises in just about all of video games, so its likely to continue on hopefully not to quickly like they did with halo wars, which was just a disgrace
    Halo Wars was not made by Bungie, it was made by Ensemble Studios.

Bungie themselves have declared Reach is the last Halo game that they will be making. Other people could pick up on it.

Confirmed: Reach is Bungie's Last Halo Game - Xbox
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by eps1lon3 View Post
    Halo Wars was not made by Bungie, it was made by Ensemble Studios.

Bungie themselves have declared Reach is the last Halo game that they will be making. Other people could pick up on it.

Confirmed: Reach is Bungie's Last Halo Game - Xbox
    Wow thats sad, Halo 2 was the best game I have ever played, hopefully it will be second to reach, Im hoping they will realize that Halo is succesful, maybe a good number of Reach sales will bring them back, I can only hope
    other companies trying to pick up on previous success a lot of times ends up being crap. sometimes its a good thing just to have 'an end' when it comes to long lived titles.
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
    Global Posts
    422 Global Posts
    Well Halo would be the easy answer for me as a big fan since the first one. Unfortunately, my 360 died (3 red llights) died on me for the 5th time and is out of warranty. I don't feel like paying Microsoft to fix it. I hate to miss out on Reach, but I'll stick with my PC and PS3 for Madden, FIFA, and MLB The Show. Also, can't wait for Socom 4.
    - Verizon Palm Pre Plus UberKernel Screenstate 500/1000
    - Microsoft Zune HD 32gb
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast