1.    #1  
    Microsoft hiking Xbox Live subscription prices

NEW YORK – Microsoft is raising subscription prices for its popular Xbox Live Gold online gaming service in the U.S. and three other countries.

Beginning Nov. 1, an annual Gold membership will cost $60, up from $50. A three-month subscription will cost $25, up from $20. And a one-month subscription will be $10, up from $8. Xbox owners mainly use the service to play multiplayer games such as "Call of Duty" online.

Prices are also going up for some membership tiers in Mexico, Canada and the U.K.

Larry Hryb, better known in gaming circles as Major Nelson and director of programming at Xbox Live, announced the changes Monday. He says Microsoft Corp. has added more content and services to Xbox Live since its 2002 launch. Until now, the prices have been the same.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100831/...microsoft_xbox
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    I dont see this as being such a big deal. You can still get year subs. off amazon for 35-40 bucks.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by millworkman View Post
    I dont see this as being such a big deal. You can still get year subs. off amazon for 35-40 bucks.
    BARYE will have to choose between eating and playing xbox live
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    I vote for XBL. :]

Actually that's where Dealert comes in.
    Last edited by foosball; 08/31/2010 at 02:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    Too funny! Then need to come out with edible controllers... play a game and then have a snack.

$60/yr for the Gold membership is crazy. First they start making games that are only multiplayer if you have multiple machines and copies of the software, and now they up the membership prices in a recession. Never understood Microsoft... I take it back... I totally understand them.
  6.    #6  
    in fairness, because of its all you can eat basis -- I get a pretty good deal from "Live".

I routinely play 3+ hours a night -- while playing back my DVR recorded newscasts at double speed

Though I own several games, there's really only one I know how to play
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Too funny! Then need to come out with edible controllers... play a game and then have a snack.

$60/yr for the Gold membership is crazy. First they start making games that are only multiplayer if you have multiple machines and copies of the software, and now they up the membership prices in a recession. Never understood Microsoft... I take it back... I totally understand them.
    How is $60 a year crazy? Its freaking $5 a month... Not to mention like millworkman said the current rate from MS is $50 and amazon and the likes toss 13 month cards out all day for 35-40, so we are talking 40-45 for 13 month cards @ the new prices whoopdeedoo..