1.    #1  
    LOL I know it has nothing at all to do with phones but I need help with my African Dwarf Frogs. They are suddenly floating at the top of the tank and cant seem to get down to the bottom where they belong. Temp in the tank is good. Its clean and they have food but arent bloated. They are in with only two goldfish and one Chinese Algae Eater. Everything about them seems normal with the exception of the floating. If anyone out there knows anything about them I would appreciate some advice. And please no flush em down the toilet posts. Only frogs to most people but members of the family to my 3 kids. Thanks.

Melissa
    Melissa
    Cingular Razr > TMobile Blackberry Curve 8300 > Sprint Palm Centro > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8320 > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8530 > Sprint Palm Pre > Verizon Pixi +
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    Nothing to see here. Move along.
    @drew3sbs on twitter
    Frogs as pets?! I had never considered that but then I mod a smarthphone forum for fun so what do I know.

African Dwarf Frog Housing and Feeding
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Frogs as pets?! I had never considered that but then I mod a smarthphone forum for fun so what do I know.

African Dwarf Frog Housing and Feeding
    You were a kid once? Never picked up a frog or toad and brought it home to a thrilled mom? Some of us lucky ones got to keep them!
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    who would flush perfectly good food down the toilet? That's silly.
  6.    #6  
    LOL! Food to some = pets to others. Honestly I didnt expect anyone here to know much about them but figured with it being such a large forum it was worth a shot. Take rats for example. If I saw a post about rats I would most definitely reply as I know a great deal about them. Eww gross rodents blah blah blah - yeah I know lol. So you never know. Anyway thanks for taking the time to search. I had done that as well and came up with the same "zen position" which isnt the case. This is more of a "hey we are dropping dead over here position" lol. After several more searches and a few calls to petstores I found they are not taking to the food that was sold with them so basically they are starving to death. Got new food and hopefully the two healthier ones will survive. Doubt the two floaters will. If they drop dead on me Ill mail em to switchedgear so you can have a snack lmao. Again thank you for taking the time to search. Much appreciated.
    Melissa
    Cingular Razr > TMobile Blackberry Curve 8300 > Sprint Palm Centro > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8320 > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8530 > Sprint Palm Pre > Verizon Pixi +
    They're amphibious reptiles......okay, we've covered the extent of my knowledge, moving on........
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    They're amphibious reptiles......okay, we've covered the extent of my knowledge, moving on........
    I think they are different classes in the animal kingdom, amphibians and reptiles... but I don't know much more than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by switchedgear View Post
    who would flush perfectly good food down the toilet? That's silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Note View Post
    I think they are different classes in the animal kingdom, amphibians and reptiles... but I don't know much more than that.
    I didn't say they where amphibians, I said they were amphibious, meaning the prefer water!
    I don't think they like to be called "dwarf"... I think it is PC to call them "little amphibians".

• You can get them back to the bottom of the tank with some basic supplies:
    • piece of string
    • ability to tie small knots
    • old mobile phone you don't want anymore

1. Tie end of string to phone
    2. Tie other end of string to frog leg
    3. drop phone in water
    4. Frog at bottom of tank

**Same works for mob hits except substitute rope for string, and anchor for phone.
  11.    #11  
    Actually they arent reptiles at all. They are amphibians. They live their entire life in water and are 100% aquatic only coming to the top to breathe. They are smooth skinned and do not have scales like a reptile and are moist not dry. They lay soft eggs not hard eggs and they lay them in water or very damp places unlike reptiles. Frog vs reptile lesson for the day complete.
    Melissa
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I don't think they like to be called "dwarf"... I think it is PC to call them "little amphibians".

• You can get them back to the bottom of the tank with some basic supplies:
    • piece of string
    • ability to tie small knots
    • old mobile phone you don't want anymore

1. Tie end of string to phone
    2. Tie other end of string to frog leg
    3. drop phone in water
    4. Frog at bottom of tank

**Same works for mob hits except substitute rope for string, and anchor for phone.
    LMAO you wont believe this but I actually did hold one of them under water trying to hand feed him. I felt like I was going to drown him though so I stopped. Your method might work better though!
    Melissa
    You guys are funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by haapala View Post
    Actually they arent reptiles at all. They are amphibians. They live their entire life in water and are 100% aquatic only coming to the top to breathe. They are smooth skinned and do not have scales like a reptile and are moist not dry. They lay soft eggs not hard eggs and they lay them in water or very damp places unlike reptiles. Frog vs reptile lesson for the day complete.
    Our secret, but I was just faking, anyway!