Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Why can't we hear and see the news as it is, without political agendas being shoved down our throats?

News should be reported. Not cooked.
    Idk, thats why I don't go to major news outlets to get my news. I avoid talking politics with my friends that watch fox, its impossible to reason with them.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    It's been that way in this country since it's birth. As bad as that was, it was certainly better than news in many, if not most other countries of the day where there were no dissenting parties allowed.
    And here its been so nice not having a political thread in here... vacation's over. There's no reasoning with either side. Whether it's people insulting Fox viewers, or people insulting CNN, MSN, whoever... viewers. No one has clean hands and noone is any better than the other side. But... here comes the debate and insults from both sides... let the fun begin...
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
    Idk, thats why I don't go to major news outlets to get my news. I avoid talking politics with my friends that watch fox, its impossible to reason with them.
    Lol...Fox is no more "slanted" than MSNBC or the rest of them...msnbc being the worse...and here is a story...how bout this...

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/Obama-Democrats-got-88-percent-of-TV-network-employee-campaign-contributions-101668063.html
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    And here its been so nice not having a political thread in here... vacation's over. There's no reasoning with either side. Whether it's people insulting Fox viewers, or people insulting CNN, MSN, whoever... viewers. No one has clean hands and noone is any better than the other side. But... here comes the debate and insults from both sides... let the fun begin...
    Yeah, what happened to all those threads? One person is gone and left a vacuum behind?
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Its not that the media is politically slanted one way or the other that bothers me...its the fact that the media claims to be independent and unbiased. I'd have a lot more respect for Fox and MSNBC if they just came out and said "we're the conservative news network" or we're the "liberal news network."
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdoinit View Post
    Why can't we hear and see the news as it is, without political agendas being shoved down our throats?

News should be reported. Not cooked.
    I couldn't agree with you more. I use "news outlets" only as a starter...then I do my own research through multiple venues outside of these "outlets"...always amazed at those that wish to make argument/debate on issues strictly referencing from a soundbite from a clever (or ignorant) new source, politician, etc...

Disclaimer: I don't know that I like having political or related discussions here on PreCentral although I know it's allowed if in the proper section/forum. I discuss all of this outside of here enough...I like to think of PreCentral as my "WebOS Sanctuary"...lol
    Quote Originally Posted by ferriskeanu View Post
    Lol...Fox is no more "slanted" than MSNBC or the rest of them...msnbc being the worse...and here is a story...how bout this...

Obama, Democrats got 88 percent of 2008 contributions by TV network execs, writers, reporters | Washington Examiner
    Faux is an advocacy organization disguised as a news operation.

It incubates and articulates the unspoken angers of the right. It sees "news" like how comedians see human frailty -- as material to use to construct their "narrative", as grist for their routines.

That their "facts" are often no more than flimsy slices of crap is unimportant to an audience that perceives the universe from within a bubble encompassed by Faux news and right wing radio -- and hosts like Beck, Rush, Oreilly, etc.

There, their world view, their prejudices, their ignorance are reinforced. There, their world view, their prejudices, their ignorance is justified, protected.

These right wing "news" outlets inculcate their listeners with wary ears -- they are taught to mistrust the hated main stream media (MTM), to ignore contradictory sources of information.

I was at Beck's rally Saturday -- and spoke to many of these (nice) people.

The chasm between reality and what they believe is unbridgeable. And that's because of where their "information" originates.

As for me I hate stupidity more than any ideology. I hate it on the left as much as I hate in on the right.

I had this weekend very angry friend losing words with folks I've known a long while -- folks who fervently believe that 9/11 was an inside job.

Human ignorance and stupidity nauseates me no matter its orientation.
    Last edited by BARYE; 08/30/2010 at 01:44 PM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    Faux is an advocacy organization disguised as a news operation.

It incubates and articulates the unspoken angers of the right. It sees "news" like how comedians see human frailty -- as material to use to construct their "narrative", as grist for their routines.

That their "facts" are often no more than flimsy slices of crap is unimportant to an audience that perceives the universe from within a bubble encompassed by Faux news and right wing radio -- and hosts like Beck, Rush, Oreilly, etc.

There, their world view, their prejudices, their ignorance are reinforced. There, their world view, their prejudices, their ignorance are reinforced, justified, and protected.

These right wing "news" outlets inculcate their listeners with wary ears -- they are taught to mistrust the hated main stream media (MTM), to ignore contradictory sources of information.

I was at Beck's rally Saturday -- and spoke to many of these (nice) people.

The chasm between reality and what they believe is unbridgeable. And that's because of where their "information" originates.
    You are obviusly so far left that you can't even see that msnbc is biased. Funny how I have a link with "fact" and you just come off with soundbites and rhetoric...am I surprised...no...liberals are more emotional than rational...you made my point...and yours?...well yours is moot when your head is clouded by your obvius bias...
    It's not known as "Slanted" anymore, they now refer to it as "Opinions" ^_^
    This is why I try and stay out of these kinds of conversations. Is there ever really a right or wrong? Seems like it's just a good way to get angry and get nothing accomplished.
    *A tumbleweed blows by the screen as Bayre searches for facts instead of soundbites and rhetoric...somewhere in the distance a cry for help is heard*
    You are obviusly so far left that you can't even see that msnbc is biased. Funny how I have a link with "fact" and you just come off with soundbites and rhetoric...am I surprised...no...liberals are more emotional than rational...you made my point...and yours?...well yours is moot when your head is clouded by your obvius bias...
    I added these lines before you posted -- while you were writing, so you perhaps did not see them:

As for me I hate stupidity more than any ideology. I hate it on the left as much as I hate in on the right.

I had this weekend very angry friend losing words with folks I've known a long while -- folks who fervently believe that 9/11 was an inside job.

Human ignorance and stupidity nauseates me no matter its orientation

Nevertheless, nowhere did I make mention of MSNBC.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    I added these lines before you posted -- while you were writing, so you perhaps did not see them:

Human ignorance and stupidity nauseates me no matter its orientation

Nevertheless, nowhere did I make mention of MSNBC.
    I concur...their is ignorance on both sides when they don't use facts in their arguments...I totally agree with you.

You highlighted my link which made a statement about fox and msnbc...that is why it was mentioned. I listen to both sides whether I agree or not and look for the facts myself....especially with politicians...
    While there are no questions about the orientation of many MSNBC shows, their most popular show is hosted by a former Republican congressman with a former Republican presidential candidate as a regular contributor. When Pat Buchanan ends up being described as a liberal, that's a comment about the republican party, not the news media. The major difference is that on that show, people actually talk about the middle.

And any discussion comparing networks is now laughable by the realization that Fox donated $1 million to the republican governors group. At least there is no fantasy now about being balanced.
    I concur...their is ignorance on both sides when they don't use facts in their arguments...I totally agree with you.

You highlighted my link which made a statement about fox and msnbc...that is why it was mentioned. I listen to both sides whether I agree or not and look for the facts myself....especially with politicians...
    Good post, I tend to go to the Internet and read from various sources before making my own judgement on major issues. This is usually a very time consuming endeavor, which probably is why I don't keep up with world news as much as people that just watch CNN/fox/msnbc every morning before work.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    While there are no questions about the orientation of many MSNBC shows, their most popular show is hosted by a former Republican congressman with a former Republican presidential candidate as a regular contributor. When Pat Buchanan ends up being described as a liberal, that's a comment about the republican party, not the news media. The major difference is that on that show, people actually talk about the middle.
    Is that the only show that airs on msnbc?...there are former clinton cabinet members that are regulars on Fox as well...how bout Oberman?...Ed Schultz (the super-lib..lol)...like I said...its all about the "facts"...no matter which network it is...
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post

And any discussion comparing networks is now laughable by the realization that Fox donated $1 million to the republican governors group. At least there is no fantasy now about being balanced.
    You obviusly skipped over the link on donations that I posted early in this thread...here it is again http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/Obama-Democrats-got-88-percent-of-TV-network-employee-campaign-contributions-101668063.html You don't want to skip "facts" when making arguments...especially when they are one-sided arguments....
    I only get my news from Bill Mahar these days, he's the only guy left with any credibility.
Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast