Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    For some, I don't think this will work well. With 15 letters, just for my first and last name, it would take up the entire top bar.
    Mine is 18 characters long and it's not too bad. (I have more than my name as the carrier string.)

It's just an option if you didn't want a wallpaper w/ the name.

The other option is just to have a sticker/label on the back w/ the name.
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

My apps: Percent Table | SierraPapa
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickNeff View Post
    Mine is 18 characters long and it's not too bad. (I have more than my name as the carrier string.)

It's just an option if you didn't want a wallpaper w/ the name.

The other option is just to have a sticker/label on the back w/ the name.
    I choose neither!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Maybe a patch idea.....

On my wife's Samsung Reality, contacts that she marks as Emergency contacts show up with a red font in her contact list. This way, if someone is simply scrolling through her contacts, they will stand out, even if the person isn't familiar with how to use that particular phone.

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    Quote Originally Posted by prolongexistence View Post
    Maybe a patch idea.....

On my wife's Samsung Reality, contacts that she marks as Emergency contacts show up with a red font in her contact list. This way, if someone is simply scrolling through her contacts, they will stand out, even if the person isn't familiar with how to use that particular phone.
    I hide my contact icon on the last page , as I use uni search
    Quote Originally Posted by prolongexistence View Post
    Maybe a patch idea.....
    That would be a good patch idea, IMHO. I am thinking about having my custom ICE utility actually adding contacts prefixed with "ICE:" for visual reference and universal search. But, it would create duplicate contacts and I'm not sure I'd want that myself.

Truthfully, I think it should simply be an option for most modern phones. It would especially be nice if there was a standardized method to access it. Of course, it should be optional for the user to actually put this information in (for reasons stated previously.) But, if you wanted to use it, it would be nice if it was built-in.
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

That would be a good patch idea, IMHO. I am thinking about having my custom ICE utility actually adding contacts prefixed with "ICE:" for visual reference and universal search. But, it would create duplicate contacts and I'm not sure I'd want that myself.

Truthfully, I think it should simply be an option for most modern phones. It would especially be nice if there was a standardized method to access it. Of course, it should be optional for the user to actually put this information in (for reasons stated previously.) But, if you wanted to use it, it would be nice if it was built-in.
    Patch idead is good ONLY, if it's placed as an icon in the dialer screen.. Labeled ICE it would can lead to any contact or to any contact with the nickname I.C.E.
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Patch idead is good ONLY, if it's placed as an icon in the dialer screen.. Labeled ICE it would can lead to any contact or to any contact with the nickname I.C.E.
    But, if you had that, why would you download a patch that does it?

I probably wouldn't add that to my app, as mentioned in my previous post, and if I did, it would be an option, not something that would be done automatically.
    Richard Neff

But, if you had that, why would you download a patch that does it?

I probably wouldn't add that to my app, as mentioned in my previous post, and if I did, it would be an option, not something that would be done automatically.
    To make it easy for someone who doesn't know how to work the phone to find
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    To make it easy for someone who doesn't know how to work the phone to find
    Sorry about that. I mis-read your post. My apologies, but one of the things that I've noticed about this thread is the number of posts that make suggestions, then another that shoots the idea down.

I would suspect that a patch that added ICE: to the contact would do so that it would work w/ universal search, as well as make it visible within the contact list. If I do get around to adding it to my app, I'd be sure to do so. (Again, as an option.)
    Richard Neff

Ok, I haven't tried my hand at developing for WebOS, but I'm sure this wouldn't be to hard for someone out there to implement. How about simply adding a button to the dialer screen that would open a list of ICE contacts? I'm not sure how well known the Star of Life is outside the US so I thought maybe the ICE idea. I was also thinking a Red Cross because that is supposed to be a worldwide medical symbol but then I thought maybe its meaning would get lost in this particular screen. Someone not familiar with the device may just think that it was a plus sign to add a new contact or something.

Attached Images Attached Images

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123