Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Free should include 2 entries just in case your #1 doesn't answer. Gives you a better chance of survival.

BTW as an ex EMT/Paramedic I should say if you are un conscience the Dr.'s have what is called implied consent, Meaning they have the authority to make life or death decisions for you. If you are not comfortable w/ this then do the ICE contact at the very least.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    Paid app should allow more than 3 contacts.
    How many do you think it should have in the paid version?

Keep in mind that it's not going to be the complete contact list -- It's just for EMTs and rescue workers to make a call. Since I'm not one, I'm not sure just how many numbers they're going to try. Hopefully, someone who is can provide a better answer.
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

My apps: Percent Table | SierraPapa
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Free should include 2 entries just in case your #1 doesn't answer. Gives you a better chance of survival.
    That does make sense. The homebrew version that I'll (hopefully) be releasing soon will probably only allow for a single contact. (Just so I don't delay this any more than I already have.) I'll see about making the change when I actually finish the paid version and send them to Palm for the catalog.
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

Just use this photo
    http://eliedh.com/wp-content/uploads...ergency-ad.jpg

And make a new contact ... Add to launcher and done!

http://wimg.mp/57N.png
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Just use this photo
    http://eliedh.com/wp-content/uploads...ergency-ad.jpg

And make a new contact ... Add to launcher and done!

http://wimg.mp/57N.png
    I've actually got a very nice icon for emergency contacts that warlord9159 made for me!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Would this information be listed in Contacts, or as a separate app? Won't emergency people be looking in Contacts?

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisys Mom View Post
    Would this information be listed in Contacts, or as a separate app? Won't emergency people be looking in Contacts?
    I think the idea was to have this as an icon on your launch bar with ICE.

My question would be could anyone maybe patch the PIN screen to add to the Emergency call list an ICE option?
    I think this is a great idea, however, as a security professional; I must warn that this is a great way to have your personal information stolen also. I have made calls to moms and dads where they willingly give name, address, medical history, date of birth, spouse's name/contact number and social security number under the premise that they are in a medical emergency. Even when parents don't know the social security number, the spouse usually does.

Make sure you have this discussion with your ICE contact(s).

1) Trust but verify. Just because someone says they are an EMT, doctor, etc doesn't mean they are. Make sure they ask for the person's name and contact number. Social engineers aren't usually prepared to answer questions. They will hang up if they think someone is on to them.

2) Have your ICE contact call back. Instruct them to say they need to gather all of the information and will call them back immediately. If it is legitimate, they will gladly provide a contact number.

3) Here is the hardest one. Make sure they are thinking rationally. When parents or loved ones think that there is an emergency they often try to be too helpful. I've asked for annual income information and they will throw out a ballpark. The thought never occurred...why the hell does the doctor need to know that?

Hope everyone stays safe and well!
    While this may have been good in the old days, when phones were less complex, does it have any validity anymore? A card in the wallet or a sticker on the back of the phone may be low-tech, but it works without the emergency responder having to know how to work our tech. Heaven help you (literally) if you have a pre and the EMT is an iphone person. What if they don't know how to work your phone, will they know about gestures, just-type, or where the contacts are in the phone??
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Quote Originally Posted by duanedude1 View Post
    While this may have been good in the old days, when phones were less complex, does it have any validity anymore? A card in the wallet or a sticker on the back of the phone may be low-tech, but it works without the emergency responder having to know how to work our tech. Heaven help you (literally) if you have a pre and the EMT is an iphone person. What if they don't know how to work your phone, will they know about gestures, just-type, or where the contacts are in the phone??
    That's why I say an app is overkill just place a single contact withe photo ... Done.|
    Type in ICE in the company field of a contact, and a universal search for ICE will pop up said contact.

Easy as pie.
    That's why I think having the ICE option pop up with the Emergency Call option on the PIN screen would be a good idea.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    That's why I say an app is overkill just place a single contact withe photo ... Done.
    Problem is, I'd want 2-3 people on a list to contact, because they may not all have their phone nearby at that time.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    A card in the wallet or a sticker on the back of the phone may be low-tech, but it works
    I agree about the sticker idea. When I release the app, I do plan on having an image with the app icon and and a phone number area that can be used as a label for the phone. The advantage about the phone app is the ability to not only have the contact phone #, but also the ability to automatically dial it, have the medication and/or allergy, blood type, etc.

One does have to have a paper backup since in a serious accident, there is a good chance the phone won't work.
    Richard Neff

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    My question would be could anyone maybe patch the PIN screen to add to the Emergency call list an ICE option?
    At the moment, that's not possible. If it were, I'd certainly have the app set that up.
    Richard Neff

I would suggest replacing DOB with Allergies on the free version, as Allergies are MUCH more crucial than DOB in an emergency.
    I see pandas.
    A card in the wallet or a sticker on the back of the phone may be low-tech
    BTW, if anyone wants a nice pdf with ICE cards, Stargazer.org has it here: http://www.stargazer.org/forms/InCas...gencyCards.pdf

You can save these with the form fields entered for future use and printing.
    Richard Neff

I wish there was a banner on the wallpaper that has my name, so anybody can look up more people with similar names. Since I use switcharoo, doesnt make sense to photshop my name on all my pictures.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    I wish there was a banner on the wallpaper that has my name, so anybody can look up more people with similar names. Since I use switcharoo, doesnt make sense to photshop my name on all my pictures.
    What about modifying the Carrier String? I have mine set with my name.

See the following thread: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...er-banner.html
    Richard Neff

20.    #40  
    [QUOTE=RickNeff;2713901]What about modifying the Carrier String? I have mine set with my name.

See the following thread: [url]

For some, I don't think this will work well. With 15 letters, just for my first and last name, it would take up the entire top bar.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast