Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Sprint begins offering EV-DO femtocells - FierceWireless

Here you go it's out there now to figure out how to upgrade!!!!

I called in and no one knew anything about it
    Quote Originally Posted by pchrist View Post
    Sprint begins offering EV-DO femtocells - FierceWireless

Here you go it's out there now to figure out how to upgrade!!!!

I called in and no one knew anything about it
    Nice. I wonder if they will upgrade even if you don't pay the $5/month service fee (I got my airave through customer retention).
    : (){:|:&};:
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    I pay the 5 dollars a month for it and they never said anything about upgrading. I asked everything and they wouldn't do anything. Didn't even know it was out!!!
    It seems like a 3G device took way to long to make it to market given that Sprint's new push is the Clearwire 4G service.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I posted this on another Airave thread - reposting here for those interested in the new Airave.

I called several weeks ago to discuss the poor reception at my home. My wife's Pixi is much worse than my Pre. I did not even ask for it to be free - the rep simply asked me if it would affect my decision to renew my contract when it completes. I said 'yes' and they immediately transfered me to 'account services'. They said they were out of stock but that I could pick one up locally and call back to get the charge credited. My local stores were out of stock because they were expecting the new 3G version later in the month. I called back on Monday of this week to let them know I had been unable to find one locally and to ask if they could now send me the 3G version. They said yes and that I would get it later in the week. No upfront cost and no monthly charge. It came on Wednesday. It is the new Airvana 3G version. Painless setup - simply connected everything and waited until the lights stopped flashing. Both phones are now showing 5 bars throughout the house and 3G connections are solid. When making or receiving a call you hear 3 short beeps to let you know the Airave is handling it. I expected to have to do some type of configuration so it would recognize my phones since there is a 6 phone limit but I did not - I'm guessing that when it connects to Sprint, the phones ids are downloaded. Not sure if visiting friends on Sprint will get the benefit of using it or not.