Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Last year a man in Texas was sentenced to 45 years in prison, eligible for parole in 22 years, for knowingly infecting 6 women. Given that the OP's case is about a woman, and the chance of her infecting a man is much slimmer, and she is a celebrity, and she's in Germany, I doubt she will be facing anywhere near that time. I think they said she would face up to 10 years but I'd really be surprised if she does any prison time at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbohsp View Post
    anyone who has unprotected sex is accepting the consequences of possible std transfer or pregnancy. Anyone who dismisses these risks or believes the woman when she says she's clean, on birth control, etc and is gonna be surprised when any of these things happen, is naive gullible and whose genes should have been knocked out anyway.
    I have mixed feelings on this one.

On one hand, I agree that people should be responsible for their own actions and her victims should have known better.

On the other hand, there is such a thing as acceptable risk. People with half a brain will look at a situation, and decide if the risk is worth it.

Take sky diving for example. It is an undeniably dangerous hobby, yet lot's of people take part. Most people will only sky dive with either their own personal equipment, or with equipment owned and inspected by a certified dive master with a good reputation. Very few people would go sky diving without that level of assurance, and NOBODY would go sky diving with somebody who told them outright, "Oh, by the way, before I packed your chute, I took my pocket knife and cut half way through all the lines."

Having unprotected sex when you KNOW that you have HIV, and not telling your partners is on par with a seemingly reputable dive master cutting half way through somebody's lines and not telling them.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    It is as if you said that the result a dog and a cat mating was a giraffe. It's so completely wrong, that it's difficult to argue with someone who believes it to be true.
    who cares really. If it doednt involve me I don't care about it. You shouldn't post crap like this here. -__-
    Quote Originally Posted by errade View Post
    I just wondered what you all think the punishment should be for people who are HIV positive that have unprotected sex with other people without telling them they are HIV positive?

I'm asking since reading this news article about a pop star who slept with several men without informing them of her condition.

She is facing charges of "grievous bodily harm", but because the men are almost certainly facing AIDS and a painful death due to her actions I personally see this as manslaughter and she should face a punishment to reflect that.

What do you think?
    since y'all brought it up..

what do you think about this??

back in the late 30's and early 40's, there was a little war going on, among all of the attrocities, the **** party was in search of a company that would assist them in producing leathal chemicals to produce as much death and distruction as possible for the lowest cost.

Gas chaimbers were built and used to obliterate large numbers of human lives.

This VERY SAME company is still in business to this day!!

This same business produces hundreds of products that most everyone uses in 1 way or another every day.

Their main line of industry is in the pharmaceutical business. They make quite a few medications that thousands of unsuspecting patients depend on helping them stay healthy.

One community that depends on a type of product that this company makes are blood clotting deficient affected folks. (Hemophilia, VonWillibrands, Platelette disorder, ect..)

In the late late 70's, early 80's, this company was an industry leader in this line. They had numerous subsidiaries that if they didnt have the business directly, they had it indirectly with one of their subs..

Now, since they had this industry by the balls so to speak, they got gready and figured that they will try to make as much money as they could.. This meant that they wanted to get the components to make these products as cheap as possible. Since this products was dirived from human blood, they needed blood donors to donate as much as possible so that they could make as much product as cheap as they could.

What they did was solicited in places where the blood donors were not as "clean" as they should have been. These solicitations happened hundreds of jails accross the country. Jails, prisons, they BOUGHT inmates blood for cash. Not only jails and prisons, but homeless sheltors were high on their list, and ghettos and where ever else they could "squeeze" blood from.

Now, since they knew where they got their blood pools from, they still didnt even run ANY tests for ANYTHING during the manufacturing of blood clotting products.

It has already been proven in court, that this company KNOWINGLY manufactured AND DISTRIBUTED tainted blood clotting products to tens of thousands of patients.

I personally have had hundreds of friends pass on that were born with this hereditary blood clotting deficiency, and trusted the pharmeceutical industry to produce SAFE products that they would need to live a safe life.. they were cheated out of their life early.

so, what should society do to this company that knowingly distributed infected products that had HIV & Hep C??

(btw, the company is Bayer Pharmeceuticals)

Bayer = Death!!! over 100,000 men, women and childeren DEAD in the United States!! ***** BAYER!!!!!
  5.    #25  
    Important to note that there are two discussions going on here:

1) Original point, which involves people KNOWINGLY passing on HIV/AIDS to partners who are unaware.

2) People who have HIV/AIDS that accidentally or unknowingly causing others to become infected.

It's important to understand the enormous difference between the two, and the punishment (if any) would depend entirely on proving that the person already knew of their condition.
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    who cares really. If it doednt involve me I don't care about it. You shouldn't post crap like this here. -__-
    Selfish much?
    I own a Verizon Palm Pre 2 running WebOS 2.0.1

Here to help and learn
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdoinit View Post
    What about them?
    They should be allowed to infect people because they were born with it?
    No,
    I mean what about their parents, do they get arrested?
    I own a Verizon Palm Pre 2 running WebOS 2.0.1

Here to help and learn
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothCriminal View Post
    Selfish much?
    nope i just mind my own business
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12