View Poll Results: Would you pay $50 to watch a new movie, at home?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I think it's a great idea.

3 7.89%
  • No <censored> way!

33 86.84%
  • Undecided

2 5.26%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    No <censored> <censored> <censored> <censored> <censored> <censored> <censored> <censored> <censored> <censored> way!
    No, I would not pay $50. As it is right now, I don't go to see new releases. I wait and buy it when it is released on BD (as long as it's on sale). It's cheaper that way.
    $50 is a little too high... but really, just a little.

Here in Phoenix, a movie after 6 PM costs $9 a ticket, so even assuming that there's only 2 of us, that's 18 bucks right off the bat. Add in the cost of a babysitter, gas, popcorn, soda (which is only $1 a cup since we get the theaters "souvenir" cup), candy, etc... and $50 comes and goes in a heartbeat.

Plus you have to deal with noisy crowds, lines for concessions, lines for the theater, more lines for the restroom, screaming kids, sticky floors...

I think for the pleasure of watching a brand new movie in the comfort of my own home, I would easily pay $40 maybe even $45.

On the subject of Netflix, I have the one disc at a time plan for $9 or whatever and I more than get my moneys worth using the instant streaming disc on my Wii... I farking love that thing! haha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12