Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 65
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by zulfaqar621 View Post
    I agree with Jonesey. Further, it should be clear that children who view such content would be effected negatively. They could develop very warped views on sexuality and the opposite gender.
    Not true. I seen my first adult movie when i was 11. But here now at the age of 17 I treat my girl and every other girl with respect and I get so angry when i see my friends treat their girl so badly. Its all about how you react and the way you were raised to determine your views.
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    Not true. I seen my first adult movie when i was 11. But here now at the age of 17 I treat my girl and every other girl with respect and I get so angry when i see my friends treat their girl so badly. Its all about how you react and the way you were raised to determine your views.

    If a child doesn't feel that he or she can talk about these things with at least one of their parents, they will ask "other" people which, of course, can take them down a very slippery slope.
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    Not true. I seen my first adult movie when i was 11. But here now at the age of 17 I treat my girl and every other girl with respect and I get so angry when i see my friends treat their girl so badly. Its all about how you react and the way you were raised to determine your views.
    You are right. Restrictions and bans are just challenges kids will try to get around. Parents need to focus on teaching their kids how to behave when they find themselves confronted with the things behind the wall.

    As an aside: My Sister got a new computer. She was still setting it up, when my 5 yo nephew opened Google and typed in a word synonymous with "posterior." He clicked a link and the computer was promptly infected with adult ad pop ups. She had to wipe the disk and start over.
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    Not true. I seen my first adult movie when i was 11. But here now at the age of 17 I treat my girl and every other girl with respect and I get so angry when i see my friends treat their girl so badly. Its all about how you react and the way you were raised to determine your views.
    I'm assuming from your comment that you don't continue to watch them... so kudos to you!

    That said, I think that your perspective at 17 is vastly different from mine, at more than twice your age. You may want to write down your thoughts on this now, then look at them again when your 16 year old daughter is crying and miserable because some boy convinced her to do something unnatural to satisfy only his desires, that he learned from this filthy media stream.

    The fact that ****ography is addictive and that just a few or even one exposure to it make a lasting imprint on the mind is a well studied and proven point. This doesn't mean that it is irreversible or that one cannot control it, but it is powerful mental poison. NO ONE who has researched it and/or helped others fight it would argue differently.

    My point was not that censorship eliminates need for parental and individual responsibility, only that it's silly to argue that there's any reason NOT to eliminate all that is possible.
  5. #45  
    just imagine if one of the actors turned out to be your mom or your sister, or your daughter.

    btw, that actually happened to a friend of mine...
  6. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by zulfaqar621 View Post
    I agree with Jonesey. Further, it should be clear that children who view such content would be effected negatively. They could develop very warped views on sexuality and the opposite gender.
    You mean warped from your understanding of the "norm"? I don't buy the whole degradation argument. It's visual stimulus and response. Nothing more. Seeing it doesn't make me think more of less of the opposite sex.

    (I know... off topic of thread slightly... sorry)
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesey View Post
    I'm assuming from your comment that you don't continue to watch them... so kudos to you!

    That said, I think that your perspective at 17 is vastly different from mine, at more than twice your age. You may want to write down your thoughts on this now, then look at them again when your 16 year old daughter is crying and miserable because some boy convinced her to do something unnatural to satisfy only his desires, that he learned from this filthy media stream.

    The fact that ****ography is addictive and that just a few or even one exposure to it make a lasting imprint on the mind is a well studied and proven point. This doesn't mean that it is irreversible or that one cannot control it, but it is powerful mental poison. NO ONE who has researched it and/or helped others fight it would argue differently.

    My point was not that censorship eliminates need for parental and individual responsibility, only that it's silly to argue that there's any reason NOT to eliminate all that is possible.
    If I have a daughter I plan on telling her straight up what boys want when she reaches that age. I'm not going to sugarcoat anything. I'm going to tell her some boys are good and want relationships and some are bad and just want you for your body. I also look at high school relationships as trail and error. You learn from your mistakes, and everyone makes mistakes. If she does run into a situation like that, I will be there to comfort my child. But I will also make sure she learns from the mistake she has made hope she doesn't do it again.

    And if a teenager wants something, there going to get it from one source or another. Whether it be from an app store or the internet browser, or anything that they want in general.
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    just imagine if one of the actors turned out to be your mom or your sister, or your daughter.

    btw, that actually happened to a friend of mine...
    The only thing you can do is just accept it. Cause the more you disapprove of it, the more they're going to want to **** you off and keep on doing it.
  9. #50  
    I think not letting a teen have there own tv in there room is a bit much. Just my opinion,and mine is not any better or worse then someone elses opinion,to each his own. That being said,with technology the way it is,i have controls on my kids tv that does not allow them to watch anything above a pg13 rating with out my password.
  10. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    You mean warped from your understanding of the "norm"? I don't buy the whole degradation argument. It's visual stimulus and response. Nothing more. Seeing it doesn't make me think more of less of the opposite sex.

    (I know... off topic of thread slightly... sorry)
    I think you may have misunderstood my comment. By warped I did not mean to imply how to define a sexual relationship but how one views and treats their partner(s) in a sexual setting.

    As an adult you can make that distinction. A young child that is exposed to a fantasy view of sexuality can not help but be influenced to some degree by that depiction. Especially in circumstances where they may view such material over a long period of time and are not given an alternative realistic view.
  11. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by zulfaqar621 View Post
    I think you may have misunderstood my comment. By warped I did not mean to imply how to define a sexual relationship but how one views and treats their partner(s) in a sexual setting.

    As an adult you can make that distinction. A young child that is exposed to a fantasy view of sexuality can not help but be influenced to some degree by that depiction. Especially in circumstances where they may view such material over a long period of time and are not given an alternative realistic view.
    I understood you comment - I was simply adding my own in response. I suppose your point has some merit, but then one could also extend that logic and say that if a child grows up watching horror movies and war movies, they'll grow up to be killers, desensitized to death, etc. It's my understanding that while there have been studies that seem to support that, other studies point to the opposite.

    This ties in to hard rock music leading to drug use and violence arguments... video games.... etc. etc. Statistical data can be found to support just about any argument (global warming, anyone?)

    "I raped that woman because my parents didn't shield me from internet **** when I was a child, your Honor".

    Again, I'm not countering or debating. Just commenting.

    It still all comes down to parenting your child to treat others with respect, how to see sexuality, how to head bang without throwing your neck out, etc.

    Shielding is not the answer.... arming them with the proper tools for dealing with life, is.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  12. #53  
    Good point. I'm gonna call the city trash guys; they don't need to bother hauling off refuse, since really we can all see it and just walk around it.

    I think BOTH arguments are valid. Teach and behave correctly, AND remove garbage.
  13.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesey View Post
    Good point. I'm gonna call the city trash guys; they don't need to bother hauling off refuse, since really we can all see it and just walk around it.

    I think BOTH arguments are valid. Teach and behave correctly, AND remove garbage.
    Ha. I like that.
  14. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by SFHandyman View Post
    You are right. Restrictions and bans are just challenges kids will try to get around. Parents need to focus on teaching their kids how to behave when they find themselves confronted with the things behind the wall.

    As an aside: My Sister got a new computer. She was still setting it up, when my 5 yo nephew opened Google and typed in a word synonymous with "posterior." He clicked a link and the computer was promptly infected with adult ad pop ups. She had to wipe the disk and start over.
    If someone in that house doesnt have the know how to get rid of viruses and has to format their PC because they got **** pop ups they shouldnt even be on a PC in the first place.
  15. #56  
    this is the "deepest" DBD thread Ive ever seen!
    Im lightening the mood and saying I may buy another phone!
    When I look at it on my pre their boobs are too big for my screen so I have to scroll back and forth too much and that annoying!
    hahhahaha IM JK




    I like scrolling! hahaha ltm ltm ltm
  16.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by gsonspre View Post
    this is the "deepest" DBD thread Ive ever seen!
    Im lightening the mood and saying I may buy another phone!
    When I look at it on my pre their boobs are too big for my screen so I have to scroll back and forth too much and that annoying!
    hahhahaha IM JK




    I like scrolling! hahaha ltm ltm ltm
    ( ) ( )

    Now you don't have to scroll.
  17. #58  
    haha awsome!
  18. #59  
    man I know how to kill a thread!
  19. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk View Post
    Perhaps by discussing the big wide world with them and then trusting them?
    Exactly! My son is 15, he knows what's out there and what it is, so I don't worry about what he is looking at on his phone or online.

    By teaching him, I made sure he knows the truth and facts, not rumors and speculation from his teen friends.

    He really gets a good laugh out of some of the ideas and speculation they come up with, too! LOL!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions