webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Nation Community >  The 'Off Topic' Lounge > LOL...LG's new washer-dryer combo plays music to express problems.
LOL...LG's new washer-dryer combo plays music to express problems.

Old 08/11/2010, 03:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
News Hound

Hi all,

Did you hear the one where the Shrink tells the washer and dryer to lay down on the couch and tell me your problems.......

In a fit of L.A touchie feelie mania, LG designers came up with a washer dryer, that get this tells us how it is feeling with music...however, this is not a joke!

For what these cost each, I expect they make dinner, drive the car and feed the family, however LG can keep the EMO music!

Please what music will it pay if you forget to pay the water bill, 'How dry I am"? Or if the laundry is loaded unevenly, will it play "sake me, wake me when it's over"? Or,"I can feel the earth move under my feet"If the washer overflows what will it play, "Michael row your boat ashore"? Or, "Kiss me in the rain"?

OK I got it, if it does is good job, does it play leader of the Laundromat??? (OK I know, shut up jay, LOL)!

Take care,

jay

LG's new washer-dryer combo plays music to express problems
By Rachel King | August 11, 2010, 11:02am PDT

LG's new washer-dryer combo plays music to express problems | ZDNet

Summary
LG has rolled out a new washer and dryer set that utilize the company’s signature SmartDiagnosis technology, which allows for the appliances to play tunes when suffering from a problem. How emo.

LG has rolled out a new washer and dryer set that utilize the company’s signature SmartDiagnosis technology, which allows for the appliances to play tunes when suffering from a problem. How emo.

Most LG washers and dryers are already on the sleek and fancy-looking side, and this just amps things up a notch. Basically, when the appliance is malfunctioning, the LG technician inputs a code, which should be responded to by a series of tones that reveal the problem. It’s almost like a video game or a quest - just not that exciting.

The whole idea is a nifty concept as most of the time it’s difficult to judge the problem on a washer or dryer just by looking at it, even for a technician. Maybe this will save on some repair bills, but the upfront cost will still hurt as most of these lovely-looking products hover around the $2,000 mark.
Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group

Last edited by ilovedessert; 08/11/2010 at 03:22 PM.
ilovedessert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/11/2010, 03:17 PM   #2 (permalink)

I have the red LG washer and dryer. I just bought them month ago or so. They play songs when their cycles are complete. I like it.
Old 08/11/2010, 03:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
News Hound

Hi, So sorry, I have a more radical idea, I look to see if the machine stopped running! LOL...

Take care,

jay
Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
Old 08/11/2010, 03:38 PM   #4 (permalink)

Do they play the theme from "CarWash" when they are working and happy?

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: ilovedessert
Old 08/11/2010, 03:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
News Hound

If there is a blackout, it could play, "Wichita Lineman", or for the washing machines' favorite soap, it could play, Secret Love....and on and on!!!!!!!
Old 08/11/2010, 03:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
News Hound

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
Do they play the theme from "CarWash" when they are working and happy?
LOL!

If your moving, it could play Houses by Judy Collins, or if you accidentally put a red shirt in with you white socks, it could play Anticipation....by Carly Simon...or if you don't fee like doing the laundry, it could play Lazy Afternoon....for dirty gardening clothes..muslide slim by James Taylor, biker cloths, "Leader of the pack", or if you are washing only one item, O sole mio.....

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0