View Poll Results: Off public record poll

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Really! can you honestly blame the CEO?

15 31.91%
  • I wish I was that CEO being sacked!

16 34.04%
  • I am happily married and all Mark Hurd's should be caught

5 10.64%
  • ***: Why did she got money if there was no sexual harassment as she says

18 38.30%
  • I wish I look like that when I am 50

9 19.15%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    seriously, what was the "sexual harassment"? Allred is a shark, and when that ***** is involved, the man is going to bleed....
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    The guy has a wife, he is scum.

So its ok because the woman was attractive? I think not.

I feel sorry for his wife.
    what if he was in an open marriage?

(very unlikely, but hey, you never know)
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post

You clearly know very little about HP corporate culture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    nor did Fiorina or Hurd who both fired tons of HP workers (and who was often called Hurd the Turd by those whose jobs he downsized or shifted to India.)

Hurd was recreating HP in the "services" model (through EDS) -- steering it away from hardware.

If theres anything for Palm loyalists to be hopeful about, its that maybe the new CEO will know something of HP's culture of caring for its employees and staff, preserving jobs, and about HP's faltering reputation for engineering and reliability.
    Last edited by BARYE; 08/09/2010 at 02:34 PM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    nor did Fiorina or Hurd who both fired tons of HP workers (and who was often called Hurd the Turd by those whose jobs he downsized or shifted to India.)

Hurd was recreating HP in the "services" model (through EDS) -- steering it away from hardware.

If theres anything for Palm loyalists to be hopeful about, its that maybe the new CEO will know something of HP's culture of caring for its employees and staff, preserving jobs, and about HP's faltering reputation for engineering and reliability.
    I meant to add:

A more hardware oriented CEO is much more likely to give resources and support to revitalizing webOS and to seeing it as a core strategic asset to HP.

I NEVER believed that Hurd intended to make a serious effort on behalf of the Pre or phone hardware.

His initial statements -- no matter their later "qualification" -- always reflected the true state of his commitment to Palm.
    Last edited by BARYE; 08/09/2010 at 02:34 PM.
    i'm not saying hp would of approved i'm just saying that the him having a wife would be no longer relevant...

and I know NOTHING about hp's culture. I've never worked there, or anywhere simillar.
    Harrassment is Harrassment in the eyes of the person who feels harrassed.. its hard to prove that someone did not harrass another.. In this case, the sex side of thing, perhaps did not go "all the way". The question begs to be asked though, Was he pursuing her, after she said no? if so, then yes its harrassment. Now looking at the pics of her, I can understand his ummm fixation. Do I think this was a money grab? Heck Ya, Do I think she also saw what happened to Tigers little flings, thats why she said nothing happened.. Do I believe either of them,, hell no..
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
    Me and Kupe on the same side. Unbelievable!

No company wants vulnerable (read: blackmail-able) executives. He totally compromised himself. Suppose the payoff was company secrets, which would be shared with a competitor?
    Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    Harrassment is Harrassment in the eyes of the person who feels harrassed.. its hard to prove that someone did not harrass another.. In this case, the sex side of thing, perhaps did not go "all the way". The question begs to be asked though, Was he pursuing her, after she said no? if so, then yes its harrassment. Now looking at the pics of her, I can understand his ummm fixation. Do I think this was a money grab? Heck Ya, Do I think she also saw what happened to Tigers little flings, thats why she said nothing happened.. Do I believe either of them,, hell no..
    True, but remember that this apparently happened before the Tiger Woods stuff was public. Her decision to make the accusation was recent, but the "events" were before that. I agree that she should have declined "dinner" after the first inappropriate action, and that she comes across as making a money grab (probably made the accusations before having a lawyer to advise her)...

That said, it doesn't absolve Hurd from any blame or responsibility - that's tru for being a pig to his wife and this women. It's equally true in his petty expense report deceptions.

Even if she planned it all from day one, he is still a pig for taking the bait. Assuming she didn't plan it, and didn't have someone giving her good advice (example: don't be on a reality show called Age of Love and expect to be taken seriously, or don't make accusations to a company if all you want is money from an individual).

So, she is now in a position where he could actually sue her. I don't think he'd win, but she probably can't afford the lawyer to find out...

So we can blame her for many things. We can't blame her for Hurd's behavior. We have to let him own that 100%. Even if she made the first move - he knew better.

/rant
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post

It is never appropriate to initiate a romantic relationship with a subordinate. Period. It is not only unethical on every level, but it creates personal AND corporate liability that could exceed $28million...

This is why companies have policies against this stuff. Rules (and laws) need to apply to everyone, even if no one is looking...

If he was in an "open" marriage, he still had several billion other women he could romance without requiring it to be one of the 100,000+ women that work at (or with) HP... even if they are consenting adults and ask for it... a conflict of interest and the creation of corporate liability is absolute unless the company actively encourages manager/subordinate romance. The only profession I can think of where that is the case would be prostitution...

Amazing that this happens so often, as if these guys never read the newspapers...

Reserve yours today!
    I'm betting that Netflix jut got a BUNCH of orders from subscribers that put "Age of Love" at the top of their Queue...

Someone in their inventory department has got to be really puzzled about the sudden demand for a DVD that probably hadn't ever been ordered before by anyone. Probably have one set that have never been used, and now they see thousands of requests yesterday... I'd love to be on the phone when he calls his supervisor...

Reserve yours today!
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    It is never appropriate to initiate a romantic relationship with a subordinate. Period. It is not only unethical on every level, but it creates personal AND corporate liability that could exceed $28million...

This is why companies have policies against this stuff. Rules (and laws) need to apply to everyone, even if no one is looking...

If he was in an "open" marriage, he still had several billion other women he could romance without requiring it to be one of the 100,000+ women that work at (or with) HP... even if they are consenting adults and ask for it... a conflict of interest and the creation of corporate liability is absolute unless the company actively encourages manager/subordinate romance. The only profession I can think of where that is the case would be prostitution...

Amazing that this happens so often, as if these guys never read the newspapers...
    Very True. At our place, you CAN have a relationship with a co-worker but it has to be vetted by HR. (kind of takes the romance out of it)

If you don't reveal it and there is any possible conflict of interest, such as a manager -subordinate relationship, you will be terminated.

I'm married, the wife doesn't work here, and I don't play that mistress stuff anyway. Bad for your health in every way (mental, moral, spiritual, financial, family, etc)
  13.    #33  
    I wonder if it is hard for these people to impress girls outside of work, where they dont have authority.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Well, we do know what will happen to his golf game, and he deserves it.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe

Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post

A more hardware oriented CEO is much more likely to give resources and support to revitalizing webOS and to seeing it as a core strategic asset to HP.

I NEVER believed that Hurd intended to make a serious effort on behalf of the Pre or phone hardware.

His initial statements -- no matter their later "qualification" -- always reflected the true state of his commitment to Palm.

The Hurd the Turd appellation reflected a deep dislike for Hurd -- before this scandal forced his resignation, he was by far the least popular major tech company CEO.

Mark Hurd Had The Lowest Employee Approval Rating (34%) Of Any Major Tech CEO

by Erick Schonfeld on Aug 10, 2010

Softcore-****-actress-turned-marketing-consultant Jodie Fisher wasn’t the only person who failed to be enamored by HP CEO Mark Hurd, who was forced to resign as a result of an investigation into his relationship with Ms. Fisher. According to Glassdoor, a site where employees can anonymously rate companies and CEOs, Hurd had the lowest employee approval rating of any major tech CEO. Only 34 percent of self-described HP employees on the site approved of his performance, and 66 percent disapproved.

In comparison, Steve Jobs has a 98 percent approval rating among Apple employees, Cisco CEO John Chambers has an 81 percent approval rating, and Hurd’s tennis partner and defender, Oracle CEO Larry Ellison, has a 78 percent approval rating. Even Yahoo CEO Carol Bartz (56%) and Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer (52%) are more loved by their employees than Hurd.

It is not exactly a mystery as to why Hurd was not universally loved by HP employees. He was a relentless cost-cutter, an expert at eliminating thousands of jobs at the company while paying himself handsomely. He also got HP back on its feet, adding $30 billion in revenues and tripling profits over five years. Employee sentiment can only tell you so much, and like any review site, people with complaints are more motivated to share their feelings than people who are happy.

And while his approval rating dropped from a high of 57 percent in the third quarter of 2008 down to 19 percent last year or so, it did start to rebound during the current quarter.

Last edited by BARYE; 08/11/2010 at 01:34 PM.
    survey must be bogus if oracle is ahead of dell or yahoo. Larry Ellison eats his own young, and endorses cheating on expense reports...
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    survey must be bogus if oracle is ahead of dell or yahoo. Larry Ellison eats his own young, and endorses cheating on expense reports...
    that's an exaggeration.

I don't think Larry eats his own young -- he eats the young of others.

The survey shows that you can be a prik and be admired -- as long as you both show leadership, and take care of your workers.

(BTW, I just surveyed my staff, and they all swear and hope to die: BARYE's the greatest leader ever !!)
  18.    #38  
    Well I guess if your focus is cost cutting, not many people are going to like you.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    the following was written by a senior HP product manager more than a year ago:

Hewlett-Packard – “Hurd is a turd
    Feb 24, 2009

Good times = 1% salary increase at best while other benefits are slashed to prop up earnings and Hurd's outrageous compensation package.

Bad times = 5% salary reduction coupled with elimination of 401k matching funds and ESPP

In terms of working environment, there is zero focus on strategy development, comprehensive action plans, and robust and repeatable processes. A job at HP is about what I would expect as working for the government of the United States -- entirely too political with meaningless impact on the greater good.

Top management suffers from ADD, with practically a new strategy advanced every few months which causes massive amounts of thrash and productivity hits.
    Advice to Senior Management

Hurd only cares about driving EPS growth short term without regard to long-term positioning and sustainability. This means he is pumping up his bonus by slashing employees benefits. In fact, the more he cuts employee compensation and benefits, the more his bonus increases. The board of directors needs to step in and restrict Hurd's options to vest after 10 years to ensure HP is positioned for success in the long term and seal his commitment for long term success. Additionally, 50% of Hurds compensation need to be tied to employee job satisfaction as its people that make HP successful long-term and not Mark Hurd. The run is nearly over, so I would bet that Hurd is out in the next 18 months leaving the company in shambles as the best and brightest bolt for companies that support and care about their employees.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast