Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Do you agree or not?

Personally, I don't agree with such agreement before marriage. What are we getting married for? Love or what you have.

Do share your views on this "Topic"

I think marriage should only be for love.
    A pre-nup shows lack of trust.
    If you can't trust her, why marry her?
    I can't believe it's not butter.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdoinit View Post
    I think marriage should only be for love.
    A pre-nup shows lack of trust.
    If you can't trust her, why marry her?
    I can't believe it's not butter.

I hope your wife is reading this.
    And here, Rush, I thought you were all in favor of Pre's.
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    I hope your wife is reading this.
    I doubt it.
    She's probably at her boyfriend's house.
    Love or not, if you have substantial wealth, it makes since to protect some of it in certain circumstances. Perhaps you have kids, family members or friends that you want to leave money to or provide for regardless of how your life unfolds.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    I totally 100% believe that marriage is an outdated part of life and anyone should totally protect themselves if they make the decision to move into a marriage.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by foosball View Post
    And here, Rush, I thought you were all in favor of Pre's.
    I am...
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by bausti25 View Post
    I totally 100% believe that marriage is an outdated part of life and anyone should totally protect themselves if they make the decision to move into a marriage.
    I don't think so. Material things get outdated marriages don't. Marriages are always new to the ones getting married. It will be here even when you and I are outdated.
    I think that the only way to make a prenuptial agreement is before marriage.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    I think that the only way to make a prenuptial agreement is before marriage.
    ?
    The only reason you should make a prenuptial agreement is if you own a Pre and your future wife does not. You don't want to be losing your phone in a divorce. That would suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by switchedgear View Post
    ?
    You can't very well make it after marriage. It's by definition made before marriage.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    I personally am in favor of a prenup but not because of mistrust but because I feel like it would make life a lot more bearable if the marriage were to go south since the latest statistic shows that nearly half of marriages end in divorce
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    I personally am in favor of a prenup but not because of mistrust but because I feel like it would make life a lot more bearable if the marriage were to go south since the latest statistic shows that nearly half of marriages end in divorce
    I think that the real 'problem' is that marriage as an institution of love is a relatively novel concept. Even worse is people getting married because they are 'in love'.
    There are exactly two instances where a prenuptial agreement should be made.

1: You have a significant family asset in your name. A business that your father started and you share with your siblings. The house your grandfather built with his own hands.

2: You have children from someone else.

In both case, the prenup should deviate from "slice it down the middle" only enough to protect those things in which you have a duty beyond yourself. You should start by having your lawyer write up a sample legal divorce settlement, and then adjust that little as necessary.

Most folk I know do NOT own any asset significant enough to justify a prenup. Even the ones that just have money are JUST MONEY -- and "wealth" is a personal asset, never a family one. (When you share $$ with family, it becomes THEIR INDIVIDUAL MONEY.)
    Doug Meerschaert
    NoInsultSoftware.com

Apps: Scratch, GasMath, CheckMath
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    I question the whole "institution" of marriage. If people just thought (and talked about!) what they each wanted out of their relationship it might be better than this for example.
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    nothing lasts forever so prenup it is!
    Sounds like a trick question to me, but what would I know as an orthodox bachelor.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I am not a wealthy person but if I ever was to get married a second time, (that would never happen) I will be all for a pre. I would want to know that the person is here for me and love not for what I can give them.

So that will be a yes for me on the pre

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast