Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I wonder if mark hurd had a prenup? Married with two kkids. His mom must be so proud of her scum bag son.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Well since marriage and kids are nothing but increased overhead the question is kinda moot
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by solarus View Post
    Well since marriage and kids are nothing but increased overhead the question is kinda moot
    Kids are fantastic (as well as lots of negative things, but overall fantastic). Marriage is outdated though. IMO
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    When i get married. Im getting a prenup. I dont care if i dont have much, but women turn on your when something happens. Im 20 years old and from my high school days, i've seen a lot of things. I've slept with girls that allegedly had boyfriends that i actually knew and the whole nine. Right from high school, i learned to never trust women. Im sorry, thats just how i came up. I dont trust women but that doesnt mean i cant deal with them. I just dont put my trust in them. That's if I do get married at all anyway.
    Last edited by Jason Black; 08/08/2010 at 09:30 AM.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    The awnser to the question depends on if you are the one with the wealth or not.

Either way I think Marriage is a stupid old tradition that should go the way of the dodo bird.

other things that I think are outdated and should also go the way of the dodo bird.

-Religion
    -u.s. constitution (really we have to work around and obey what a bunch of knee high sock wearing, and wig wearing fools declared nearly 300 years ago.)
    -u.s supreme court why is this such a sacred institution, **** it a bunch of people trying make their opinions and interpretations of law followed by everyone.
    I'd like to intro with a quote from one of our time's living legends, Doug Stanhope:
    If marriage didn't exist, would you invent it? Would you go "Baby, this **** we got together, it's so good we gotta get the government in on this ****. We can't just share this commitment 'tweenst us. We need judges and lawyers involved in this ****, baby. It's hot!"
    That being said. If somebody is crazy/delusional/in-love enough to get married, a prenup should be made mandatory. Nobody deciding to get married is sober enough in their brains (in Germany you're looking through "rose-red glasses", the French live "la vie en rose") to make a rational decision here. A prenup is nothing you need before a marriage, but something you wish you had after one.
    Love and wealth should go mutually exclusive. Somebody who throws a fit, because the significant other wants a prenup is not getting married for the right reasons (and will probably give the "If you're in love, money doesn't matter"-speech without noticing, that he/she is disqualifying his-/herself).
    'til we meet again.
    THL
    And to borrow from a close friend of mine: "We should institute mandatory waiting period for all couples wanting to get married. I'm thinking 20 years sounds about right!"

Would have saved me a lot of trouble, since we'd have still been in our waiting period by a few.

And thus, for me it is a moot point. I tend to learn from my mistakes, rather than repeat them.

I think of marriage kind of like trying a food I did not end up liking, did it once, learned my lesson, no need to repeat!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I think prenups are like Joan Rivers face in the sense that nobody wants to see them, but you cannot help that they are a part of society today......

I would like to think that I still believe in the sanctity of marriage still, and that something like that shouldn't have to be in play. However, I think that even though I do have significant assets that do have monetary value, I would have to consider a prenuptial agreement. And not just for assets, but also so I could be able to see my children (if and when I have any) on a fair and equal basis.

I think instead of discussing prenups we should be talking about how the laws are structured with divorces and how we can make them more fair and equitable.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeisnowonfire View Post
    I think prenups are like Joan Rivers face in the sense that nobody wants to see them, but you cannot help that they are a part of society today......

I would like to think that I still believe in the sanctity of marriage still, and that something like that shouldn't have to be in play. However, I think that even though I do have significant assets that do have monetary value, I would have to consider a prenuptial agreement. And not just for assets, but also so I could be able to see my children (if and when I have any) on a fair and equal basis.

I think instead of discussing prenups we should be talking about how the laws are structured with divorces and how we can make them more fair and equitable.
    I handled the divorce really easily, no fault! No arguing, couldn't think of anything worth fighting over. I just walked away from all of it.

We already had a mutual agreement for me to pay child support and see my son, so why make it complicated?
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12