1.    #1  
    I no longer live in NYC...but love that city..

NYC Subway to Get Wi-Fi and Cell Service, We Look In To Buying Bikes

After an almost three-year delay, work is set to begin on a $200 million plan to bring mobile- phone and Wi-Fi service to New York’s subway stations.

The project was rejuvenated after the group that won the contract secured new financing from an Australian mobile- infrastructure operator, said Kevin Ortiz, a spokesman for New York City Transit.

As part of the deal, Broadcast Australia took a majority stake in Transit Wireless LLC, the group of wireless and construction companies that was awarded the subway contract in 2007 and promised New York City Transit about $46 million over 10 years. The system will give New York’s commuters a service people in Singapore, Berlin and Tokyo have had for years.
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-0...ived-pact.html
    Last edited by clutch1222; 07/31/2010 at 12:04 PM.
    I love NY too, but they've been talking about cell phone service in the subway for more than ten years now.

I didn't click on the link, but i hope it's true.
  3.    #3  
    I updated the post...looks like it's finally getting started.
    a bit behind other big cities...
    Thx, but you know we shouldn't believe it 'till we see it.
    San Francisco Muni doesn't have any wireless services and we only have about 15 miles of tubes.

I think I heard they finally got it into the BART tube under San Francisco Bay. I don't know if that includes the tubes that run under the city also.