Page 953 of 1326 FirstFirst ... 45385390394394894995095195295395495595695795896310031053 ... LastLast
Results 19,041 to 19,060 of 26517
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    My stomach just started roiling when I saw that post.

And why despicable, what did I miss?
    Who knows

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
    GFN will probably like the new post I made!!!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    My stomach just started roiling when I saw that post.

And why despicable, what did I miss?
    If you can't tell morons the truth, it's the end of civilization.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    If you can't tell morons the truth, it's the end of civilization.
    Well, his post was enough to remind me why I hadn't joined before. There happens to be one person on here I can never be peaceful with. The annoyance is far to bad and makes me gag.
    GFN will probably like the new post I made!!!
    I'm proud of you. lol
    I'm proud of you. lol
    Now, from you, I can deal with such a statement!! LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by darkproteus66 View Post
    hey Cantaffordit did the link help you out?
    doesn't work with my car, but it was one more ting to try. I'm heading out for a 4+ hour drive. Bonus: I will get to hear him teach.

reminds me of garrett's road trips.
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 11/13/2010 at 03:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    doesn't work with my car, but it was one more try. I'm heading out for a 4+ hour drive. Bonus: I will get to hear him teach.

lame sorry man that's all I could find on the intertubes. God Speed sir
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    doesn't work with my car, but it was one more try. I'm heading out for a 4+ hour drive. Bonus: I will get to hear him teach.

My guess it's some kind of RFID error. Don't know about Saab's, but with a VW, if the RFID isn't recognized, the car turns over and dies within seconds. I have not heard of these randomly failing. Depending on how the key it built, I guess it could be possible if he dropped the keys they chip in the key was damaged or fell out. I have actually removed an RFID chip from a VW key and placed it into a different key fob (different story). I have also destroyed an RFID in a key fob (RFID couldn't be removed) to fit in the other RFID chip....

I saw all that to say, that if the other key doesn't work (and I am understanding the message to be an actual "key" error), it may be an ECU problem or wiring problem. In VWs there is a sensor around the ignition tumbler and then a "brain" within the electronic workings that records approved RFID codes.

Good luck.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    My guess it's some kind of RFID error. Don't know about Saab's, but with a VW, if the RFID isn't recognized, the car turns over and dies within seconds. I have not heard of these randomly failing. Depending on how the key it built, I guess it could be possible if he dropped the keys they chip in the key was damaged or fell out. I have actually removed an RFID chip from a VW key and placed it into a different key fob (different story). I have also destroyed an RFID in a key fob (RFID couldn't be removed) to fit in the other RFID chip....

I saw all that to say, that if the other key doesn't work (and I am understanding the message to be an actual "key" error), it may be an ECU problem or wiring problem. In VWs there is a sensor around the ignition tumbler and then a "brain" within the electronic workings that records approved RFID codes.

Good luck.

If that doesn't work hit it with a hammer

LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
    yep. I finally reached a mechanic friend and he confirmed. Weeeeee.
    My ex-husband always had trouble if his key with the chip got any type of moisture on it.
    . Anyway, there is a workaround. Insert key into ignition and turn the key as if to start. Nothing will happen. Release the key but do not remove it. Push one of the three buttons (doesn't matter which) on your alarm. Now turn key to off position and then turn key to start. It should start at that point. You'll still have a message on your display "key not accepted." Although this works fine, you'll find you can never valet park again! When someone asks why I have to go through all this I just tell them it's an added security feature.

Cantaffordit ----this is from the link that darkproteus66 posted ! did it work for you ???
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    My ex-husband always had trouble if his key with the chip got any type of moisture on it.
    You mean that time when you threw his keys off a bridge, or from shouting so loud he got your spit on his key?
    Are you talking about an actual RFID chip? Or one of those dealer installed (usually) chips that plugs into a little thing under the dash? If it's the later, those things are notorious for failing in the cold/moisture. It is a different technology than the RFID, that is why I am asking. The RFID is a factory installed piece (not an option), the "chip" is an aftermarket solution and can be easily defeated. This is because the RFID is actually built into the cars ECU where as the "chip" option is basically a wired in jumper inline of the hot wire going to the starter solenoid.

Sorry if I misunderstood your statement, I just spend too much time with cars.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    . Anyway, there is a workaround. Insert key into ignition and turn the key as if to start. Nothing will happen. Release the key but do not remove it. Push one of the three buttons (doesn't matter which) on your alarm. Now turn key to off position and then turn key to start. It should start at that point. You'll still have a message on your display "key not accepted." Although this works fine, you'll find you can never valet park again! When someone asks why I have to go through all this I just tell them it's an added security feature.

Cantaffordit ----this is from the link that darkproteus66 posted ! did it work for you ???
    opps a day late and a dollar short !! sorry !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post

That would be the function of a factory installed alarm..... if the car is equipped with a true immobilizer it can not be overridden. Same deal with certain cars and using a combination with say the e-brake and the key turned in the ignition.... you are overriding a factory installed alarm, but not a true immobilizer.

If you've ever seen the new Gone in 60 Seconds, when they talk about the "laser cut keys" it's not the cut that makes the car hard to steal (although harder than a traditionally cut ignition) it is actually the RFID chip in the key that also has to be specific. A good locksmith can reproduce a "laser cut key" but they can't always encode the RFID to the ECU.
    You mean that time when you threw his keys off a bridge, or from shouting so loud he got your spit on his key?
    LMAO!!

No, I refused to shout and argue, anymore, by the time he had that car. That drove him more crazy than anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Are you talking about an actual RFID chip? Or one of those dealer installed (usually) chips that plugs into a little thing under the dash? If it's the later, those things are notorious for failing in the cold/moisture. It is a different technology than the RFID, that is why I am asking. The RFID is a factory installed piece (not an option), the "chip" is an aftermarket solution and can be easily defeated. This is because the RFID is actually built into the cars ECU where as the "chip" option is basically a wired in jumper inline of the hot wire going to the starter solenoid.

Sorry if I misunderstood your statement, I just spend too much time with cars.
    No, it was an actual RFID chip. It was very annoying.
    No, it was an actual RFID chip. It was very annoying.
    Wow thats a ****ty key....