Page 797 of 1326 FirstFirst ... 2976977477877927937947957967977987998008018028078478971297 ... LastLast
Results 15,921 to 15,940 of 26517
    Quote Originally Posted by Erckul View Post
    this whole thing sounds like a kangaroo court to me

This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Uh, I have eaten too many Gummy Worms today....
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

if you ate ONE gummy worm.......you've eaten too many!
    Pretty much any Gummy _______ is not right in my book.
    Gummies are good! I may have to pick some up, today.

I have to get some work done, as well as run to the store and restore my patches and such to my Pre, so I probably won't be around much for most of the day.

I had a WebOS Doctor adventure last night.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    I had a WebOS Doctor adventure last night.
    Sounds like a romance novel....

Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    Sounds like a romance novel....
    Not as irritated and annoyed as I am!
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    a salty verwon buttercup? That doesn't sound very good .... not to mention high in sodium.
    LOL!

To explain the adventure, my Pre was being super glitchy, ever since I had tried to run it at 1ghz, again. I tried other methods of fixing it and nothing helped, so I decided to just doctor it and start fresh.

I downloaded the doctor from the Palm site, where it has you put in your serial number and carrier, to make sure you get the right one. I even double checked that it said it was for Sprint and 1.4.5.

I doctored, reinstalled Preware and started putting my patches back on my phone. After awhile, it started acting up, again. And I was wondering what the !

Then, the next patch I tried to install failed and I got a notice that it was only compatible with phones running 1.4.5, which is what I was supposed to have!!

I went and checked the updates app and, sure enough, it was saying I had the prior version in my phone and needed to update to 1.4.5, it started downloading, before I could stop it, then my phone suddenly shut off. When it restarted, it got stuck in a lovely boot loop.

Wouldn't boot up no matter what I tried, so back to the doctor.

However, this time, I deleted the one I had downloaded, when to the WebOS Internals wiki and downloaded the doctor from there, before I ran it on my phone, again.

I have no idea what's up with the one from the Palm site, but I'll never use the one from there, again!!
    a salty verwon buttercup?
    Sounds like an Inferno waiting to happen!
  11.    #15931  
    LOL!

To explain the adventure, my Pre was being super glitchy, ever since I had tried to run it at 1ghz, again. I tried other methods of fixing it and nothing helped, so I decided to just doctor it and start fresh.

I downloaded the doctor from the Palm site, where it has you put in your serial number and carrier, to make sure you get the right one. I even double checked that it said it was for Sprint and 1.4.5.

I doctored, reinstalled Preware and started putting my patches back on my phone. After awhile, it started acting up, again. And I was wondering what the !

Then, the next patch I tried to install failed and I got a notice that it was only compatible with phones running 1.4.5, which is what I was supposed to have!!

I went and checked the updates app and, sure enough, it was saying I had the prior version in my phone and needed to update to 1.4.5, it started downloading, before I could stop it, then my phone suddenly shut off. When it restarted, it got stuck in a lovely boot loop.

Wouldn't boot up no matter what I tried, so back to the doctor.

However, this time, I deleted the one I had downloaded, when to the WebOS Internals wiki and downloaded the doctor from there, before I ran it on my phone, again.

I have no idea what's up with the one from the Palm site, but I'll never use the one from there, again!!
    One word:

EVO
    That's odd because I have doctored using the 1.4.5 for Sprint from the Palm site myself.

But in any event; you got the Doctor you needed and are on the mend now! Are you going to re-install the UberKernel?

Now...back to our programming!
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdoinit View Post
    One word:

EVO
    I won't be able to switch until after the new year. Too much money tied up for other stuff, until then.
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    One word:

EVO
    sounds like dbd drank the android kool-aid .... and enjoyed it !
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    That's odd because I have doctored using the 1.4.5 for Sprint from the Palm site myself.

But in any event; you got the Doctor you needed and are on the mend now! Are you going to re-install the UberKernel?

Now...back to our programming!
    Hell yeah, I already reinstalled Uber, I can't stand running at just 500. I just deleted the Screenstate 500/1000 profile, to make sure I don't even click on it by accident, because it definitely doesn't agree with my phone. I'll stay with my trusty 800/500/
  16.    #15936  
    sounds like dbd drank the android kool-aid .... and enjoyed it !
    I just don't think anybody should have to continuously go through stuff like that with a phone they paid good money for.

I've been saying that for over a year now, nothing new.
    There is no doubt that the EVO is better put together.... I will give HP-Palm another chance though. After Garrett tells me it's ok that is.

Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    I just don't think anybody should have to continuously go through stuff like that with a phone they paid good money for.

don't have to sell me on that point. Doesn't matter is it is a full price, launch day phone or a discounted later purchase. If I would have had lots of issues, I would have bailed long ago. I've been one of the few lucky ones.

I have to agree with you. I do not like investing my money in something that I constantly have to 'fix' to get it to work the way it should have.

That is why I will not invest my money in another Windows ANYTHING and my next purchase will be one of the WiFi iPads. They may not be perfect, but iOS and Mac products are much less glitchy and I don't give a damn about tweaking them.
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    I think I see Blue. He looks glorious !