Page 714 of 1326 FirstFirst ... 2146146647047097107117127137147157167177187197247648141214 ... LastLast
Results 14,261 to 14,280 of 26517
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Just ordered my wife a pink back for her Pixi since the rubber skin is peeling off the first one. $10 from Verizon. Might have cost me that much finding a glue that will stick to the rubber. I tried some special Epoxy, but it peeled cleanly off the rubber before it even started to set.
    I'd have tried Rubber Cement. A coating on the phone and on the rubber substance and it can always be cleaned off easily.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyman View Post
    I already get special PM's from V, so if someone would introduce me to Blaize...

I'd like to thank everyone for mentioning my second App Catalog App txt flipper ɹǝddıןɟ ʇxʇ. Back in the App Catalog with prettier looks...

I'm still trying to get a handle on App development, so yeah, I initially goofed with this one.
    I kept thinking SMS messages were fine and would blame others' inferior phones for not being able to get them. Turns out I can't get upside down sms messages either. They look good on a Pre right before sending but something happens during transmission or receiving that screws up the unicode.

So, I freaked out, asked Palm to pull the app, because I thought I was falsely advertising features that I couldn't guarantee. Long story short I changed the app description and app to reflect that it works great with IM but not sms.
    Thanks to all you preview users for your kind feedback.

Oh yeah, Thanks RollEmUp for passing me the award.

thanks again everyone,
    Manny

PS
    Buy my apps, I need $ for Halloween candy, so you'd be doing it for the kids...
    i think i found the problem.. manny... i have 2 theories

1) text doesnt get sent properly if user is on 1x mode.. ( i will test this)

2)IM's work through data as well as email.. is it possible that SMS's work through voice?
    if so than MMS with text should work
    getting close to a 1000 pages here,,wow,just noticed that. should have a prize for the first post on page 1000,,lol
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    i think i found the problem.. manny... i have 2 theories

1) text doesnt get sent properly if user is on 1x mode.. ( i will test this)

2)IM's work through data as well as email.. is it possible that SMS's work through voice?
    if so than MMS with text should work
    Useless info from my brain:

SMS can be sent/received even if you have no data connection (1x/Ev/3G).

IM's and MMS require a data connection to send/receive.

Last edited by Garrett92C; 10/20/2010 at 04:46 PM. Reason: added "/received" to SMS
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    So does the phone treat the upside down text like a picture instead of text?
    yea i was leaning more towards the second one myself... but im not sure how gsm carriers do this myself.. so i threw out both options
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Useless info from my brain:

SMS can be sent even if you have no data connection (1x/Ev/3G).

IM's and MMS require a data connection to send/receive.

My former mother-in-law was fond of calling my brain a 'steel trap for trivia!' LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by rlangley21 View Post
    no it treats it as text... but the network doesnt want to translate the text properly
  9.    #14269  
    It treats it like text's evil twin.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdoinit View Post
    It treats it like text's evil twin.
    Does it look like this?
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Don't know myself, but when I tried to send via SMS, the people got about every 3rd letter.
    [QUOTE=MudShark22;2722809]Does it look like this?
    [img]

Very, very close!
    And its officially frenzy time! Lurkers un-lurk; ladder holders report for duty!
    Snipers, prepare to get creepy....
  15.    #14275  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mods
    Do not forget the rules and regulations of this thread. Ignorance is not a valid excuse.
    - NO BACK-TO-BACK posting by the same person in the frenzy (81-99) leading up to each hundred mark. That would be considered cheating.

- If you just so happen to post a back-to-back for the win (i.e. to say or ask if you won, or it's just part of the natural conversation), that would be okay and accepted.

- If you happen to post a back-to-back during the frenzy, LEAVE IT.
    We will decide if it was malicious or not.

- If posts are deleted during the frenzy to the hundred marks (or after) in order to make yourself win (or somebody else lose), we WILL notice it, you WON'T win and we'll hunt you down and severely beat you.

- In your "acceptance speech", please state whether you want the Special PM to be from Verwon Buttercup or Blaize Babycakes.

- REMINDER TO THE WINNERS: Please do NOT tell the thread what the Special PM is. The more mysterious for the non-winners, the better for all of us.

-- COMPLETE LIST OF WINNERS @OP --
    I may be able to sneak this frenzy in before leaving the office.
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Don't know myself, but when I tried to send via SMS, the people got about every 3rd letter.
    Sounds like SMS doesn't support unicode.
  18.    #14278  
    Do unicodes really even exist?
    Probably not.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdoinit View Post
    Do unicodes really even exist?
    lol... i see what you did there