Page 613 of 1326 FirstFirst ... 1135135636036086096106116126136146156166176186236637131113 ... LastLast
Results 12,241 to 12,260 of 26517
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Don't you have any 24-hour Dunkin Donuts around you?
    Checking online now...

I have a feeling I don't since I live in a small town outside of Charlotte and everything closes at like 6 on a weekday.
    Anytime Ver
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Well, it looks like any Dunkin Donuts close by are all gas station branches, so they aren't going to have very fresh donuts right now.

And there's a Krispy Kreme in Charlotte, but it's like at least 30 mins away from me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riona View Post
    Checking online now...

I have a feeling I don't since I live in a small town outside of Charlotte and everything closes at like 6 on a weekday.
    Perhaps it is time to rally for the town to open up a local Dunkin Donuts
    It's too late now since the elections and measures are coming up in Novemeber.
    But you can get a head start now
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

I've actually gotten better relief by taking Pepcid regularly and adding a Zantac in the evening. Tums also helps, as needed.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I recently had some really good butter cookies from Trader Joes topped with raspberry and some with apricot. Buttery goodness
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    I've actually gotten better relief by taking Pepcid regularly and adding a Zantac in the evening. Tums also helps, as needed.
    I guess your stomach behaved itself during the concert? I found that the restrictive diet the doc put me on helped me a lot when I was getting heartburn so bad. I guess you've been following all those sucky rules about not being able to eat ANY of the good stuff anymore?
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    I recently had some really good butter cookies from Trader Joes topped with raspberry and some with apricot. Buttery goodness
    There's a Trader Joes right across from where my office is at. A couple years ago during the holidays, they had bulk Ghiradelli chocolate sold in blocks - my friend bought me some. I froze it and just kinda knawed on it on various evenings. It was SOOOO good! They haven't carried it since that year tho.
    I havent tried the other two, but Tums yeah. Works good.

For me it was Pepto Max. Just about half of the bottle, it was all bad

Is Mylanta any good? I was going to get that one at first, but I grew up on Pepto as a kid for my stomache problems and the other symptoms that accompanied it.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

I guess your stomach behaved itself during the concert? I found that the restrictive diet the doc put me on helped me a lot when I was getting heartburn so bad. I guess you've been following all those sucky rules about not being able to eat ANY of the good stuff anymore?
    It actually started acting up on the way home.

As to the foods, there are some that dot bothr me at all that they say to avoid, like chocolate and coffee (Thank goodness!) and some that do, like strong spices, regular orange juice and tomato based stuff.

They think part of the problem this time was that they had me on some meds that made me super dehyrdated, so my stomach was irritated. Then, another med I was on can make the stomach worse and irritate gastritis. So, kind of a super whammy.
    I havent tried the other two, but Tums yeah. Works good.

For me it was Pepto Max. Just about half of the bottle, it was all bad

Is Mylanta any good? I was going to get that one at first, but I grew up on Pepto as a kid for my stomache problems and the other symptoms that accompanied it.
    You actually shouldn't use Pepto for gastritis, it has Salycylic Acid (Aspirin) in it and that can make gastritis worse.

I tried both Maalox and Mylanta and neither helped me at all. The others I mentioned are used to help let the stomach heal, by reducing the amount of acid it produces.
    It actually started acting up on the way home.

As to the foods, there are some that dot bothr me at all that they say to avoid, like chocolate and coffee (Thank goodness!) and some that do, like strong spices, regular orange juice and tomato based stuff.

They think part of the problem this time was that they had me on some meds that made me super dehyrdated, so my stomach was irritated. Then, another med I was on can make the stomach worse and irritate gastritis. So, kind of a super whammy.
    I discovered that MINT is really bad for giving me heartburn...like those starlight mints or something. A couple of those and here comes the burn!
    There's a Trader Joes right across from where my office is at. A couple years ago during the holidays, they had bulk Ghiradelli chocolate sold in blocks - my friend bought me some. I froze it and just kinda knawed on it on various evenings. It was SOOOO good! They haven't carried it since that year tho.
    Hecks Yeahs!

Trader Joes is awesome! They have great things there.

I hope yall get Ghirardellis back, perhaps they wil for the holidays?
    Trader Joes is starting to just make and sell their own products more and more I've noticed. Cutting out the middle man, and delivery costs.

I live in the San Francisco Bay, home of Ghirardellis
    If I were a VIP here in the OT forum like Babycakes and Buttercup, your 100th post would score you some Ghirardellis chocolate... I could be known as Stud Muffin lol ltm lol ltm
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

I discovered that MINT is really bad for giving me heartburn...like those starlight mints or something. A couple of those and here comes the burn!
    Yeah, I chewed some strong mint gum the other day, didn't think about it and my stomach started hurting, right away. Seems mint is a good acid producer.

I have to drink a glass of OJ a day and found a low-acid one from Tropicana that I an handle, with no problems.
    Trader Joes had a great selection of their brand items that are low-sodium, too! Have one right up by the hospital, where I got for my appointments.
    You actually shouldn't use Pepto for gastritis, it has Salycylic Acid (Aspirin) in it and that can make gastritis worse.

I tried both Maalox and Mylanta and neither helped me at all. The others I mentioned are used to help let the stomach heal, by reducing the amount of acid it produces.
    Wow, I did not know that. Thanks for telling me Ver. I'll kep that in mind for sure,for future reference.

I actually used the pepto for upset stomache, nausea, and the big D word
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Wow, I did not know that. Thanks for telling me Ver. I'll kep that in mind for sure,for future reference.

I actually used the pepto for upset stomache, nausea, and the big D word
    I was using it, too, until I found that out. Any of the nonsteroidal anti-inflammatories can make gastritis worse, because they tend to rip up the stomach.
    Ver, are you still drinking up powerade?

I take it, those Vitamin Waters and Sobe Vitamin Waters aren't too good for you to drink? Or am I mistaken?
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

I was using it, too, until I found that out. Any of the nonsteroidal anti-inflammatories can make gastritis worse, because they tend to rip up the stomach.
    OUCH!!
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Hecks Yeahs!

Trader Joes is awesome! They have great things there.

I hope yall get Ghirardellis back, perhaps they wil for the holidays?
    Trader Joes is starting to just make and sell their own products more and more I've noticed. Cutting out the middle man, and delivery costs.

I live in the San Francisco Bay, home of Ghirardellis
    If I were a VIP here in the OT forum like Babycakes and Buttercup, your 100th post would score you some Ghirardellis chocolate... I could be known as Stud Muffin lol ltm lol ltm
    There's a Ghirardelli Ice Cream Shop in Downtown Disney in Orlando (I used to live in Orlando before I moved to NC 4 yrs ago). I only got to eat there a couple times, but it was definitely a treat!