Page 567 of 1326 FirstFirst ... 674675175575625635645655665675685695705715725776176671067 ... LastLast
Results 11,321 to 11,340 of 26517
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    "Their"?

Remember to stay in your role, RUSH!
    Because you sound like a guy!
    Trust me ask Verwon my pic and name are real. My real name is Sharon not Rush please understand that.
    Loving my Palm Pixi everyday.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Ok, I need to get back to Photoshop for now.

This thread better not be closed when I get back!
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Ok, I need to get back to Photoshop for now.

This thread better not be closed when I get back!
    What's the reason for worry?
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    He saw me buying liquor so he knows I'll be inviting everyone over for drinks by the pool.
    He'll be gone so there'll be a Closed sign when he gets back.
    Recent experiences have led me to believe that mentioning the name "RUSH" in a thread greatly increases the chance of <<Thread Closed>>. lol
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    LOL! That should be dbd's next thread: "Rehab: Poolside"
    Thanks to those who answered so far..

Anyone else have an idea how this works?:
    How do the Change Machines know the difference between a dime and a penny?
    When it counts up the dimes, what keeps them from slipping into the penny slot?
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    From ehow.com:

Change Counters
    Change counters, also called coin sorters, sort and count money for the customer so the person can convert their coins to bills without having to count the coins. The customer dumps coins into the top part of the machine, called the hopper, and then turns on the machine. The capacity of the machines varies, with some taking as little as 10 coins at a time while others take as many as 400 coins. The machine will not accept any more coins until some of the coins in the hopper move down inside the machine, and then the customer can add more coins.

The hopper swirls the coins down the chute inside the machine where they file into a single line. The coins then exit according to size, thickness and other properties of the coins. Because dimes are the smallest, their slot is first, followed by pennies, nickels and then quarters. After the machine sorts the coins, it drops them into tubes at the bottom of the machine. Each tube is calibrated to accept the number of coins that fills a coin wrapper. If the machine is a manual coin sorter, the person must empty the tube into the appropriate coin wrapper so the machine can continue the process. Some advanced automatic machines complete this step for the customer. After the machine sorts, tubes and counts all of the coins, it turns off and displays the amount of change it counted on the display face. The capacity varies but most will count about 300 coins per minute.

Read more: How Do Change Machines Work? | eHow.com How Do Change Machines Work? | eHow.com
    Each coin has a unique nanotech chip, with age, worth and usage stats.
    Now that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by irateb View Post
    From ehow.com:

Change Counters
    Change counters, also called coin sorters, sort and count money for the customer so the person can convert their coins to bills without having to count the coins. The customer dumps coins into the top part of the machine, called the hopper, and then turns on the machine. The capacity of the machines varies, with some taking as little as 10 coins at a time while others take as many as 400 coins. The machine will not accept any more coins until some of the coins in the hopper move down inside the machine, and then the customer can add more coins.

The hopper swirls the coins down the chute inside the machine where they file into a single line. The coins then exit according to size, thickness and other properties of the coins. Because dimes are the smallest, their slot is first, followed by pennies, nickels and then quarters. After the machine sorts the coins, it drops them into tubes at the bottom of the machine. Each tube is calibrated to accept the number of coins that fills a coin wrapper. If the machine is a manual coin sorter, the person must empty the tube into the appropriate coin wrapper so the machine can continue the process. Some advanced automatic machines complete this step for the customer. After the machine sorts, tubes and counts all of the coins, it turns off and displays the amount of change it counted on the display face. The capacity varies but most will count about 300 coins per minute.

Read more: How Do Change Machines Work? | eHow.com How Do Change Machines Work? | eHow.com
    Each coin has a unique nanotech chip, with age, worth and usage stats.
    Cool!

So if I have a collector coin worth $50 it gives me $50!

Machines Rock!
    Now that makes sense.
    Dollars and cents in fact.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Cool!

So if I have a collector coin worth $50 it gives me $50!

Machines Rock!
    Depends. If there's wifi onboard you might get the actual worth.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Not quite the same thing, but as usual, Google sent me on a information quest tangent. Never actually knew how a modern day vending machine sorted until now:

Deconstructed: Vending Machine : Video : Science Channel
    I'm not watching unless it's a Transformers trailer.
    I'm totally stoked!

$458.74

I had no idea a Tide soap box full of change would bring that much mula.
    That's 4 ducats, right?
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I'm totally stoked!

$458.74

I had no idea a Tide soap box full of change would bring that much mula.
    Enjoy I use a old water cooler bottle. All most full.
    Loving my Palm Pixi everyday.
    US currency.

So what's that translate for you?
    US currency.

So what's that translate for you?
    20 darsek (roughly 330 eur)