Page 524 of 1326 FirstFirst ... 244244745145195205215225235245255265275285295345746241024 ... LastLast
Results 10,461 to 10,480 of 26517
    1.21 gigawatts!
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    Well, no luck uninstalling and reinstalling, because now I get a error 5 message from webosqi when I try and install preware.

Say it aint so Doc Brown, 'Great Scott'
    well i know something that might fix you up?! run the repair utility in the normal mode first and if that dont work then run it in override compatibility im sure this will fix your issue , it has always fixed me up when i had a glitch. but if you run it in the override mode it will remove all patches and themes .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  3.    #10463  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlangley21 View Post
    Care to share?
    Ok, ok..

It's out of sheer principle.

Palm profited from our purchase.
    We paid Palm for a phone that was supposed to do the things that Jason & Rod got it to do.

I know i'm only hurting myself by not modding my Pre, but it's just out of stubborn "principle".
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    well i know something that might fix you up?! run the repair utility in the normal mode first and if that dont work then run it in override compatibility im sure this will fix your issue , it has always fixed me up when i had a glitch. but if you run it in the override mode it will remove all patches and themes .
    Thanks man.

I actually ran the repair utility last night before going to bed, messed around with preware afterward and everything was fine. I never altered anything. Just did my usual stuff.
    I went to sleep, and woke up to find my preware acting up. Very weird.

I am running the repair utility right now as I type this. It is noticeably slower than usual. I'm running it in normal mode now. I'll follow up with the override capability if normal mode does not fix the problem. Now, if that doesn't work. I'll take Ver's advice, as a last resort, and book me a trip along side Doc Brown in the DeLorean /
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
  5.    #10465  
    So you want a day off. Let's take a look at what you are asking for. There are 365 days per year available for work. There are 52 weeks per year in which you already have 2 days off per week, leaving 261 days available for work. Since you spend 16 hours each day away from work, you have used up 170 days, leaving only 91 days available. You spend 30 minutes each day on coffee break which counts for 23 days each year, leaving only 68 days available.

With a 1 hour lunch each day, you used up another 46 days, leaving only 22 days available for work. You normally spend 2 days per year on sick leave. This leaves you only 20 days per year available for work. We are off 5 holidays per year, so your available working time is down to 15 days. We generously give 14 days vacation per year which leaves only 1 day available for work and I'll be damned if you are going to take that day off!
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdoinit View Post
    Ok, ok..

It's out of sheer principle.

Palm profited from our purchase.
    We paid Palm for a phone that was supposed to do the things that Jason & Rod got it to do.

I know i'm only hurting myself by not modding my Pre, but it's just out of stubborn "principle".
    So you want Palm to implement the stuff that Rod & Jason, et al, have been able to make the phone do, even though much of it would never come from them because it violates Palm's own policy.

In addition, much of the tweaks and mods were not possible (ie. overclocking to 1.0ghz) because the hardware didn't exist for mobile phones at the time they designed the Pre - and is now only possible thanks to the hours put in by the webOS Internals team.

While I understand your principles and would never do anything to force you to change your mind, it seems that Palm has sufficiently profited from your purchase (17 months if you were a day 1 adopter as of 10/5/10) and you are free to do whatever you want with it. Even more so given that Palm welcomes the homebrew community and while they cannot officially support the tweaks, patches, themes, OC, etc, they have, by everyone's understanding, done nothing to prevent these types of mods.

Finally, Palm has never been in the financial position to pay people to come up with the patches or other homebrew apps. Even now with HP's seemingly endless cashflow, they are not on a hiring spree bringing in all the best homebrew developers to bring these ideas and IP in-house. Therefore, what you believe Palm should have done from the beginning will probably not ever be implemented in an official way.

Just food for thought...although you probably have already thought through all of this...
  7.    #10467  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlangley21 View Post
    So you want Palm to implement the stuff that Rod & Jason, et al, have been able to make the phone do, even though much of it would never come from them because it violates Palm's own policy.

In addition, much of the tweaks and mods were not possible (ie. overclocking to 1.0ghz) because the hardware didn't exist for mobile phones at the time they designed the Pre - and is now only possible thanks to the hours put in by the webOS Internals team.

While I understand your principles and would never do anything to force you to change your mind, it seems that Palm has sufficiently profited from your purchase (17 months if you were a day 1 adopter as of 10/5/10) and you are free to do whatever you want with it. Even more so given that Palm welcomes the homebrew community and while they cannot officially support the tweaks, patches, themes, OC, etc, they have, by everyone's understanding, done nothing to prevent these types of mods.

Finally, Palm has never been in the financial position to pay people to come up with the patches or other homebrew apps. Even now with HP's seemingly endless cashflow, they are not on a hiring spree bringing in all the best homebrew developers to bring these ideas and IP in-house. Therefore, what you believe Palm should have done from the beginning will probably not ever be implemented in an official way.

Just food for thought...although you probably have already thought through all of this...
    Wow, i've never seen you this serious before. I was just talking about basic features that we've all grown accustomed to over the years. I don't need to overclock this and kernal that.

But i've complained about this ad-nauseum here in the past and i don't want to complain anymore. I've been done complaining about it for months now.

Thus (hence) my new role as entertainer.
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    that is some strong conviction, dbd. I applaude you, good sir
    member of the Evo-lution
  9.    #10469  
    Quote Originally Posted by Erckul View Post
    that is some strong conviction, dbd. I applaude you, good sir
    Thanks.
    he just hasn't ever used a pre running at 1ghz. If he did, he'd never go back.
  11.    #10471  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    Probably not, ltm ltm.
    wow dbd you bring out the best in people dont you !!!! ltm ltm ltm lol ha ha
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I can't run the 1ghz, have to do 800.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    What kind of an effect does the 1Ghz oc have on the standard battery's run times?
    most people report battery life is about the same. Some claim it improves slightly.
    What the heck is going on here?!
    Keep this thread Off Topic or I'll move it to the Pre Forum.
    Great news everyone.

If you were around earlier, during my preware issues; thanks to Shadavis08, and some HP PC shaking and moving, webos repair utility shenanigans. I have successfully reinstalled Preware, and everything loads up just fine. Even the added feed URL's (though I don't think those get removed anyway, unless a full Doctor is done.)

Shout out to the Penguin with a sniper rifle, Mr. Shadavis08
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

18.    #10478  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    What the heck is going on here?!
    Keep this thread Off Topic or I'll move it to the Pre Forum.

But this is the 'un-derailable thread', lol ltm ltm.
    Inching closer and closer to the 10500 mark....

*Adjusting the scope on my sniper rifle and rigging the ladder with all sorts of booby traps and mines*
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

20.    #10480  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    Great news everyone.

If you were around earlier, during my preware issues; thanks to Shadavis08, and some HP PC shaking and moving, webos repair utility shenanigans. I have successfully reinstalled Preware, and everything loads up just fine. Even the added feed URL's (though I don't think those get removed anyway, unless a full Doctor is done.)

Shout out to the Penguin with a sniper rifle, Mr. Shadavis08
    Yeah, i guess Shane's good for something besides turtle infatuation.

(He does know what he's talking about, Pre-wise, though)