Page 489 of 1326 FirstFirst ... 389439479484485486487488489490491492493494499539589989 ... LastLast
Results 9,761 to 9,780 of 26517
    Quote Originally Posted by rlangley21 View Post
    I would say B. How would anyone know A poisoned the water if it all spilled out?
    db: This was my answer on a previous page...
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdoinit View Post
    Sorry, irateb, but...

This is a story about three people (A, B and C) crossing a desert. A hated C, so he decided to kill him - he poisoned the water in his sack (only C had water). B also wanted to kill C (not knowing that the water of C had been already poisoned) and so B made a hole into the sack of C and the water spilled out.
    A few days later, C died of thirst.

Who was the murderer - A or B?
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    dbd: A B and C all died of thirst as C was the only one with water.
    No.

Keep tryng...
    Is there even a murder here? It's more attempted murder which would get pled down to involuntary manslaughter. Probation would be given and A & B would go home plotting the next murder attempt...that is pending MudShark's theory of them all dying isn't valid, which I feel it is valid ltm...
    B, he died of thirst, not poisoning.
  4.    #9764  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlangley21
    I would say B. How would anyone know A poisoned the water if it all spilled out?
    You're on the right track,

keep going....
    What did I win?
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Hey that's a Pogey!
  8.    #9768  
    Quote Originally Posted by irateb View Post
    Is there even a murder here? It's more attempted murder which would get pled down to involuntary manslaughter. Probation would be given and A & B would go home plotting the next murder attempt...that is pending MudShark's theory of them all dying isn't valid, which I feel it is valid ltm...
    You're on the right track too...
    You're on the right track too...
    So basically everyone's on the right track except me?
    Am I on the right track?
  10.    #9770  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Am I on the right track?
    Yes.

Sorry i missed yours.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlangley21 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by irateb View Post
    So if we're both on the right track, then A is guilty except his laywer could argue that if he never actually drank the poison, then he can't actually be guilty of murder. B's laywer would say that taking a man's water away didn't actually kill him. The real life example his lawyer would give is anyone who has refused to give money to a homeless person for food, and the homeless person then dies, should also be charged with murder. I don't think there's an actual answer for this. Or in keeping with my previous answer, it depends on the jury ltm

On that note, I'm going to sit in traffic. I obviously thought too much about this, which means I'm really not working and shouldn't sit here pretending to...
    Watching Top Gear!
    Not doing that great, I'm off for awhile guys.

Someone catch me up later.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Take car verwon.
  15.    #9775  
    Ok, here it is:

B didn't know the bag was poisoned and C is dead, so only A knows A tried to kill C, which means he'd likely blame B for cutting the bag.

Now, B would probably blame A for cutting the bag because only A and B really know who did it, which would end in a stalemate at a court.

Knowing this, it would be best if A and B agreed to blame C for cutting his own bag by accident. Of course, either A or B might back out of the agreement, telling the court know that a conspiracy was taking place, making it possible that both get blamed, so they would probably just blame each other and nobody would be convicted.

Or, they would simply not tell anybody so nobody would get blamed. By the time the body was found, there wouldn't be any evidence to prove he was with them at the time he died, and if people knew he left with them they could just say he got lost and they never found him.

Alternately, they could tell the police upon arrival that he got lost so it wouldn't be suspicious when they found a corpse lying in the desert.

If the court knows A poisoned the bag and B cut the bag, B could possibly say he cut the bag so C couldn't drink the poisoned water. He could furthermore say he didn't just tell C the bag was poisoned because he was dehydrated and not thinking clearly.

A would get attempted murder and B would either get off the hook or get negligent homocide. If the court also knows why B cut the bag, the murder should fall on B, and A should get attempted murder only.
    The body was never found, so there was no murder.
  17.    #9777  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    The body was never found, so there was no murder.
    There have actually been murder convictions in the U.S. without a body.
    B
    There have actually been murder convictions in the U.S. without a body.
    There have even been religions without an actual god.
    Some may argue 'all'.

There have also been a great many murder convictions in the US without a judge or jury.

So in theory only 1 person is required for a conviction.
  20.    #9780  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    B
    ?