Page 487 of 1326 FirstFirst ... 387437477482483484485486487488489490491492497537587987 ... LastLast
Results 9,721 to 9,740 of 26517
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    must be friends with rush
    Not sure what you mean but any rushburn gets my Thanks!

Did I say rushburn? I meant brushrun!
    What's wrong. Is it less-than-200-posts-take-a-bat-and-swing-it-at-anything-day?
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Not sure what you mean but any rushburn gets my Thanks!

Did I say rushburn? I meant brushrun!
    just pointing out how delightful he can be
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    So out of boredom, and because my wife doesn't agree with my proposed approach, I'll ask you guys. I'm having a situation at work. To protect the innocent, we'll call the people involved Coworkers A, B, C, D, E, F and I. I'll let you guess who Coworker I is.

Anywho, A got married. Before A got married, B solicited C, D, E, F and I for funds to buy a gift. I gave money to B for the gift we collectively decided on from A's registry. I haven't seen A for a couple months now because in addition to her wedding and honeymoon, she also got a different position in the company and moved to the other building on the campus. Today A happened by my cube since she was in the area. So A and I engage in some small talk, and I ask her what she thought of our gift. A gives me this bewildered look and says "what gift?" So I explain that C, D, E, F and I gave money to B to buy her a gift. A says that not only did she not get the gift, but that it is still on the registry. At this moment, B pops out of nowhere, but is wearing a football jersey that appears like it was made for football pads to fit in, and thus did not look right on him, that is if you can ignore the fact that he was wearing it for the hell of it, since his flag football game that it was made for was last week. A and I make fun of B about the jersey, and then B has to rush off to a conference call. A then also has to go.

So that's the story. I am contemplating asking C, D, E and F if they gave money before confronting B. My wife thinks I should just ask B where the gift is, and either ask for just my money back or ask that he give me all the money for the gift so that it can be purchased. My problem with my wife's approach is that B borrowed money for lunch from me a few weeks ago and hasn't paid that back, so the chances of him having the money for the gift is probably slim to none. Any suggestions on how to handle this?
  5.    #9725  
    Sorry, irateb, but...

This is a story about three people (A, B and C) crossing a desert. A hated C, so he decided to kill him - he poisoned the water in his sack (only C had water). B also wanted to kill C (not knowing that the water of C had been already poisoned) and so B made a hole into the sack of C and the water spilled out.
    A few days later, C died of thirst.

Who was the murderer - A or B?
    *GuyFromNam buys Workerb33 three beers and 6 tequila shots*
    Definitely ask C D E and F if they gave money to B for a wedding gift for A.
    If not, its an issue between you and B.
    If they did, then the issue is much larger and you should inform them that the $$$ they gave appears to have been pocketed by B.
    Set a meeting on Outlook calendar for all parties (except A); then together ask B about the issue.

NOTE: Yes this might damage the work environment, but the damage has already been done anyway. A was informed about a present she did not receive, you are out money twice (lunch and present) and C D E and F are unaware of that money they gavve for a gift was not given.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    I would ask C, D, E & F if they ever heard anything from B about the gift like, "Did B decide not to get the gift we talked about and instead bought her something else?" Or something along those lines. See if the subject was ever brought up to any of them. If yes, then you have your answer. If no, then take all of them over to B's workplace and kick the living snot out of him, steal his jersey and make him eat it for lunch.

Or get him to buy the gift and you deliver it to A, or get your money back.
    I agree with MudShark and rlangley, but just this once.

Why are you guys numbered 21 and 22?
    I agree with MudShark
    I agree with MudShark and rlangley, but just this once.

Why are you guys numbered 21 and 22?
    Brothers from different mothers?
    Quote Originally Posted by rlangley21 View Post
    Brothers from different mothers?
    Correction - Brothers from different numbers....
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

BTW - Watching Magnum PI on Hulu.... seriously, the best show of the 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    BTW - Watching Magnum PI on Hulu.... seriously, the best show of the 80's.
    If you're 50ish...
    If you're 50ish...
    ltm ltm ltm
    A Team and Knight Rider if you're 40ish!
  17.    #9737  
    Anybody wanna take a shot at this?
    I do have the answer.
    (@pogey- don't give it away. I know you've seen me post this before. )

Quote Originally Posted by dbdoinit
    This is a story about three people (A, B and C) crossing a desert. A hated C, so he decided to kill him - he poisoned the water in his sack (only C had water). B also wanted to kill C (not knowing that the water of C had been already poisoned) and so B made a hole into the sack of C and the water spilled out.

Quote Originally Posted by dbdoinit View Post
    Sorry, irateb, but...

I would say B. How would anyone know A poisoned the water if it all spilled out?
    A Team and Knight Rider if you're 40ish!
    Those are my shows! But I'm not 40ish yet.
    It's not as if I said Matlock.... or Dynasty..... or, <shudders> Golden Girls.