Page 337 of 1326 FirstFirst ... 237287327332333334335336337338339340341342347387437837 ... LastLast
Results 6,721 to 6,740 of 26517
    Quote Originally Posted by irateb View Post
    And so, to kill time while we get to the next hundred, how many people are willing to wait the 'up to a year' Sood said we might be waiting for new hardware? For me, 2.0 might keep me on board a bit longer, but unless I find a cheap Pre Plus to do the Sprint Pre Plus upgrade, I may have to bail to an Android phone, at least until I can come back.
    I get the feeling he's being a <touch> disingenuous here. I actually think he's just sick of being asked about new hardward ALL the time. He wants to be a voice for HP to the webOS crazies (like us), but he can't divulge super-secret timelines for stuff. I think they're going to want to have something come out with webOS 2.0.

At the same time, we know 1.5ghz chips won't be available until next year, so says the manufacturers. So HP/Palm might be in a bit of a conundrum. Do they put out a phone now that will be eclipsed by Android within a couple of months of debut, or do they wait and put out a TOP-OF-THE-LINE phone with the fastest processor available in Spring 2011. Do they come out with a new phone, then a tablet a couple of months later? How do you re-enter the phone race at this point. A Pre2 now that's an upgrade over the original and Pre+, then a PreHD in the spring? Do they tick off the hardcore guys who will buy the next webOS phone on launch day, only to have another, better phone come out a few months later. That's what Android is doing and people who bought into the OG Android phones are ****ed they can't upgrade for another 18 months.

These are all questions that I'm sure are being asked by those "in the know."
    He did update his twitter...

Rahul Sood (rahulsood) on Twitter

@FluffedMojo hard to tell ones tone on a 140 character tweet i'm afraid.. i'll blog an expanded response soon. thanks.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlangley21 View Post
    I get the feeling he's being a <touch> disingenuous here. I actually think he's just sick of being asked about new hardward ALL the time. He wants to be a voice for HP to the webOS crazies (like us), but he can't divulge super-secret timelines for stuff. I think they're going to want to have something come out with webOS 2.0.

At the same time, we know 1.5ghz chips won't be available until next year, so says the manufacturers. So HP/Palm might be in a bit of a conundrum. Do they put out a phone now that will be eclipsed by Android within a couple of months of debut, or do they wait and put out a TOP-OF-THE-LINE phone with the fastest processor available in Spring 2011. Do they come out with a new phone, then a tablet a couple of months later? How do you re-enter the phone race at this point. A Pre2 now that's an upgrade over the original and Pre+, then a PreHD in the spring? Do they tick off the hardcore guys who will buy the next webOS phone on launch day, only to have another, better phone come out a few months later. That's what Android is doing and people who bought into the OG Android phones are ****ed they can't upgrade for another 18 months.

These are all questions that I'm sure are being asked by those "in the know."
    Pardon my igonorance, but what does the "OG" stand for in "OG Android"? I assume it is not Original Gangsta Android...
    Pardon my igonorance, but what does the "OG" stand for in "OG Android"? I assume it is not Original Gangsta Android...
    Sorry - did my whiteness exude too much there?? That's what I was going for, but I may have missed the mark....
    <<Is now separating stuff into serving sizes!

Yes, I'm playing with my junkfood!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Sorry - did my whiteness exude too much there?? That's what I was going for, but I may have missed the mark....
    LMAO! No, that was my blackness thinking "maybe there is some technical term I'm not familiar with, since it can't be the obvious answer." Too funny...
    LMAO! No, that was my blackness thinking "maybe there is some technical term I'm not familiar with, since it can't be the obvious answer." Too funny...
    ltm ltm lol ltm

I've got a friend who still has the original G1 and he seethes everytime a new Android phone comes out cuz he's stuck and can't afford to pay off-contract prices. He wants to leave Android because of the fragmentation. That's my main complaint with Android. Once you buy into it, a newer model comes out a couple of months later.

We have the opposite thing going on here. We're begging for new phones and not getting any real response other than "it's coming." At least with the dread Fruit Phone, you know a new one comes out each June...
  8.    #6728  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Edit
    LoL, yeah, i saw that!
    It's yet another "Pogey Classic".
    Last edited by pogeypre; 09/13/2010 at 05:13 PM.
    I refuse to even look in that thread and give him a Page View, let alone enter a post...
    Last edited by pogeypre; 09/13/2010 at 05:13 PM.
    Think we'd better stick with his username when referring to him.
  11.    #6731  
    I refuse to even look in that thread and give him a Page View, let alone enter a post...
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    I'm moving outa the country so I won't be on sprint anymore

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    amazing how quickly summer has gone away,last week i was swimming in my pool and now i am wearing a hoodie,lol. how is everyone.
    It's 90 degrees in Pogeyland.... Where a hoody and you might get arrested.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

15.    #6735  
    Quote Originally Posted by poges
    It's 90 degrees in Pogeyland.... Where a hoody and you might get arrested.
    Yep, same here, lol.
    66 degrees here and really chilly at certain times of day, I had to break out my heavier leather jacket.
    zmann, is that your daughter? She's gorgeous!
    Think we'd better stick with his username when referring to him.
    hhhmmmmmmm.......

I don't remember it now......
    hhhmmmmmmm.......

I don't remember it now......
    How about just 'that person'? It's not insulting or condescending, at all.
    How about just 'that person'? It's not insulting or condescending, at all.
    I thought the term we used reflected someone who is happy and likes to wear make-up and make children smile...was that condescending?

Yeah, when I go back and read it, it didn't come out that way, huh?

hehehe