Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Agreed! The anti-piracy measures some companies are using now are ridiculous. It mainly makes things worse for the person who actually bought the game... A pirate will still find a way around it somehow.
    People won't buy games unless they got online functionality and add-ons. The updates are needed so people playing online mulitplayer are using the same version, and it all works.
  2.    #25202  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    And the winner is...
    Finally Pre, congrats!
    Thank you to all for dealing with my early-lateness. lol and I guess I am to post a choice? ok. VERWON

I bow to the community
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ••dbdoinit View Post
    Finally Pre, congrats!
    Did Finally Pre get that PM I donated back at #25000?
  5.    #25205  
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    Thank you to all for dealing with my early-lateness. lol and I guess I am to post a choice? ok. VERWON

I bow to the community
    So, I was on FB the other night and got a friend request. I went to check the guys profile and saw a picture of him, with my half-sister Theresa. Someone had asked who she was and I responded with her last name, as I last knew it to be. The guy corrected me and said her last name is now Wilson. SHE GOT MARRIED AGAIN!

And yes, I have lost track of exactly how many that is now!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  7.    #25207  
    I don't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    People won't buy games unless they got online functionality and add-ons. The updates are needed so people playing online mulitplayer are using the same version, and it all works.
    The thing is, I don't plan on playing the multiplayer, I just want the single player, which shouldn't need the updates anyways.
    Down with the BourgeoisOS oppressors, webOS users unite!
    And apparently their shoddy coding doesn't allow for you to alt+tab back and forth into the game. Either it doesn't work at all, or the game will then be permanently in windowed mode forever after, even after rebooting.

I tell you, game companies suck. They wonder why PC sales tank, then continue writing shoddy code like this. Everything's a console port nowindays.
    Down with the BourgeoisOS oppressors, webOS users unite!
    I don't know.
    So far, there was no acknowledgement of it and no sender picked by him!
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    I don't believe in it! I think people make it up to get sympathy.
    No, it's very real!
    Don't remember seeing it. I will have to check back. I do know that that would have been durring the time I was getting everything together and assiting my wife in moving out. By the way I saw her last night.We had a nice time.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Finally Pre, congrats!
    This is odd... I saw my own post numbered as the winner and no post from FinallyPre between me and the post before his. Not that I am complaining - just noting this is confusing from time to time.
  14.    #25214  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    This is odd... I saw my own post numbered as the winner and no post from FinallyPre between me and the post before his. Not that I am complaining - just noting this is confusing from time to time.
    Did anybody else see that too?
    I remember some past posts about similar things. I think there may be some synchronization that occurs during posting that is nearly simultaneous where the system may display one post (like mine) as a particular number - and then realize a pending post was posted just before it and reorder them. This normally isn't a big deal on a forum. I highly doubt that this software has guaranteed order commitments and two phase commits - it just isn't needed.

BTW - I almost took a screen shot but didn't. I wish I had now - not for the win but for the novelty. I time traveled forward slightly in time!
    Also... for the record, if I had Won I was going to donate to Ashi who donated my first PM to me during a particularly fast frenzy where I was the poster just before him. He mentioned he was leaving the office just as a frenzy started and wasn't going to be able to participate. He's traveling across country and it would be a nice surprise.

EDIT - So hurry up and post so I can try to win one for him!
    Yes, before I refreshed for the new page, I did see Unclevanya in the winning post.
    Lies all lies I say!
  19.    #25219  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Yes, before I refreshed for the new page, I did see Unclevanya in the winning post.
    Well, the Queen has spoken.
    Make it a tie then.
    Well, the Queen has spoken.
    Make it a tie then.
    I need someone to design a LOOT tiara!