Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    Do gas stations lie about the quality of their gasoline? The answer just might surprise you, stay tuned to find out!

(AKA: My calculations for my first student project is almost done and I've found some very interesting results.)
    I remember when they rigged the pumps to display more gas than you received (on older pumps)... So this would not surprise me

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Garrett before going blonde:

Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    I remember when they rigged the pumps to display more gas than you received (on older pumps)... So this would not surprise me

and the temperature of the gas changes the volume measurement...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Garrett before going blonde:

That's where Larry the Cable Guy got his line "That's funny right there!"

I see pandas.
    It's bitter/sweet to watch the Steelers when the game is sponsored by the Motorola DroidPro, which looks so much like a Pre...

Why, CBS, why?
    the games not on cbs here where i live (sad face)
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    they are ahead 13-7 and Ben has really been getting a beating from defensive pressure.
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    verwon does not dress up in costumes.....at least not the kind that can be publicly posted!

Costume? I figured you'd have that dress and hat somewhere in the closet already?

<DUCKING FOR COVER>
    Oh and for the guy asking about what the fuss is over the special PM's... Sorry but it is against the rules to talk about the PM's but I've got to say both of the one's I have gotten have been priceless.

Thanks to both Blaize and Verwon for all the hard work dreaming up the 200+ PM's you guys have had to give out.
    and the temperature of the gas changes the volume measurement...
    Which is why I did all my calculations in % Mass, so that volume would have no affect on the outcome of the calculations.
    Down with the BourgeoisOS oppressors, webOS users unite!
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post

Costume? I figured you'd have that dress and hat somewhere in the closet already?

<DUCKING FOR COVER>
    Witches cast spells, remember?

*flips through curses in grimoire*
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Witches cast spells, remember?

*flips through curses in grimoire*
    Thank goodness I have my counterspells handy... now where did I put that rabbbit's foot?
    Man big Ben has taking a beating today.thank God for the defense

Sent using taptalk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Thank goodness I have my counterspells handy... now where did I put that rabbbit's foot?
    And I'll counter your counter spells!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    yes number 43 is the bomb !!!!!!!!!! ben well he likes to take the abuse lol thats just the kind of qb he is ltm ltm ltm
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I wonder if Blaize saw that the roof of the metrodome collapsed today, pretty amazing to watch the video.
    I wonder if Blaize saw that the roof of the metrodome collapsed today, pretty amazing to watch the video.
    link link link please ??! i didnt not hear bout this !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Well, here's the results in painstaking long format. If you're any good with excel and calibration curves, then could you go over it for errors? I'm pretty sure there are none, but you never can be too certain.

Lab Data and Results for Ethanol/Fuel Content Determination

In a nut shell, what I was doing was determining if fuel in my local (Utah) is meeting the 10% standard.

After making my calculations, Sinclair and Chevron both exceed that with 12 and 14% respectively.

Generic gasoline (Smith's Brand, a grocery chain) was found to barely contain 1.5% Ethanol.

A test of a supposedly E85 blend from Sinclair was found to only contain 77% ethanol, quite low and warrants further research for fraud (if my calculation hold out).

Lastly, I tested my mouthwash (Listerine brand) which lists a 21.6% alcohol content, which I determined to be about 23%.

So in conclusion, your brand name gas uses Ethanol, your no-brand name gasoline doesn't, and then if you're buying E85 you just might be being ripped off. Oh and you can get drunk on mouthwash, though there are much safer, better tasting alternatives out there (not that I drink anyways).

Edit: Edit: Just did some confidence intervals. All my data should be 95% accurate to within 4.2%.
    Last edited by Zen00; 12/12/2010 at 04:01 PM.
    Down with the BourgeoisOS oppressors, webOS users unite!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    link link link please ??! i didnt not hear bout this !!
    LOL, with pleasure my good sir!

Dome Collapse Story
    lol i found it but was kind stunned when you said the roof caved in lol the roof lining ripped open ha ha thats a little diff.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη