striking similarities
    Wow I just was informed that a old friend of mine, and qb on a football team I played for, was found dead in his kitchen this morning.

Sent using taptalk.
    deeply sorry to hear that, my condolences
    Thanks Bud, he battled very evil demons his whole life, finally lost the battle.

Sent using taptalk.
    That's terrible man, it's never easy to deal with something like this no matter the circumstances. again, deeply sorry.
  6.    #21866  
    Sorry to hear this, Z.
    What awful news. Sorry, zmann.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Thanks everyone. This does sting a bit. Many of us tried to help him threw out the years with no success. When I got married 8 years ago I decided I can't not be around this type of self destructive behaviour anymore. Hearing this today was very sad.

Sent using taptalk.
    Hi People!

Seems like I came in here on a low note - sorry to hear about your friend Zmann
    Thankyou,I did not mean to bring everyone down, looks like I did just that. Very supportive bunch here that's for sure.

Sent using taptalk.
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    Thanks everyone. This does sting a bit. Many of us tried to help him threw out the years with no success. When I got married 8 years ago I decided I can't not be around this type of self destructive behaviour anymore. Hearing this today was very sad.

Sent using taptalk.
    I can totally understand and relate to not wanting to be around self-destructive behaviour. Sveral years ago, I had to deal with a friend of mine who was in an abusive relationship. She kept breaking up with him, would come crying to me, say that was the end of it and would be back with him a week later. She was also starting to drink heavily when alone at home...with a young son. I just couldn't take it anymore and basically cut off communication with her - I felt bad, but at the same time, I was afraid she'd find a way to drag me down with her somehow.

(Thankfully she finally got her head on straight, got rid of the loser and ended up with a decent guy - we still don't really talk anymore tho.)
    So...on a brighter note...I'm making deviled eggs and brownies for a holiday thingie at work tomorrow.

I need an egg tester. (I make GOOD deviled eggs, but it always helps to have a 2nd person to taste and give their opinion on how the yellow goo turned out)

And it's it funny how when a group has a potluck lunch, some people go all out and make a REAL dish and others just bring a 2-liter or a package of rolls and then pig out on everything everyone else brought? My co-worker IM'd me today, griping a little about how she spent $30 on groceries to make her turkey chili for the lunch (we requested it because it's so good), and yet another co-worker just signed up to bring dinner rolls...
    Hey..Hey...HEY!!!

We "Dinner Roll Bringers" demand more respect!!!

Sure, you fancy egg devilers and turkey chiliers get ALL the credit and praise. But, you still have to have dinner rolls or the dinner is a failure.

Roll Providers of the world UNITE!!!
  14.    #21874  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mods
    Do not forget the rules and regulations of this thread. Ignorance is not a valid excuse.
    - NO BACK-TO-BACK posting by the same person in the frenzy (81-99) leading up to each hundred mark. That would be considered cheating.

- If you just so happen to post a back-to-back for the win (i.e. to say or ask if you won, or it's just part of the natural conversation), that would be okay and accepted.

- If you happen to post a back-to-back during the frenzy, LEAVE IT.
    We will decide if it was malicious or not.

- If posts are deleted during the frenzy to the hundred marks (or after) in order to make yourself win (or somebody else lose), we WILL notice it, you WON'T win and we'll hunt you down and severely beat you.

- In your "acceptance speech", please state whether you want the Special PM to be from Verwon Buttercup or Blaize Babycakes.

- REMINDER TO THE WINNERS: Please do NOT tell the thread what the Special PM is. The more mysterious for the non-winners, the better for all of us.

-- COMPLETE LIST OF WINNERS @OP --
    Frenzy!!!
    Why yes, I will un-friend my own half-sister on FB. She's an annoying twit that doesn't have the brains of an earthworm.
  17.    #21877  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Why yes, I will un-friend my own half-sister on FB. She's an annoying twit that doesn't have the brains of an earthworm.
    Those things have brains? lol
    Totally with you here rlee!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    Hey..Hey...HEY!!!

We "Dinner Roll Bringers" demand more respect!!!

Sure, you fancy egg devilers and turkey chiliers get ALL the credit and praise. But, you still have to have dinner rolls or the dinner is a failure.

Roll Providers of the world UNITE!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdoinit View Post
    Those things have brains? lol
    Have to, they're smarter than she is!
  20.    #21880  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Have to, they're smarter than she is!
    lol