ummm is this the home cooking network thread ?? did i go to the wrong place ?? .... so..... confused ......
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    ummm is this the home cooking network thread ?? did i go to the wrong place ?? .... so..... confused ......
    Well, we've covered almost every topic under the sun, anyway....
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    anyways lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Anybody going shopping on Black Friday? I've been debating whether I want to get up or not - depends on how good the deals look I think.
    i hate shopping !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I'll be at a science fiction convention on Friday... so only shopping the dealer's room.

Hmmm cooking thread?
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    3 am Logic Chili

These are so named because I was shopping at 3am when I picked out the ingredients. In my hazy state of mind, it made sense that since the habaneros are orange, I should also throw in other orange things, like an orange bell pepper, and candied yams...

Ingredients:

1 can black baluga lentils (425g/15oz)
    1 can European soldier beans (425g/15oz)
    1 can garbanzon beans (425g/15oz) (the first two are heirloom beans and may be hard to find... any 3 cans of beans that you like should do.)
    1 can tomato paste (340g/12 oz)
    1 can candied yams! It helps to cut them up a bit. (452g/16 oz)
    1 to 3 fresh habanero chilis (They are small and orange and hot! Wash your hands after cutting them up, or preferrably wear gloves. You can substitute dried habaneros.)
    1 bulb of garlic, all cloves peeled and chopped.
    1/4 purple onion, diced.
    1/2 orange bell pepper, chopped.

Drain the beans, but not the candied yams. Place all ingredients in a crock pot and stir well. Cook on low for around 8 hours. Use one habanero chili for mild, or just 1/2 for extra-mild. Use more to make it spicier. They do mellow a bit as they cook, so adding another near the end of cooking could potentially add more spice than you want.
    ^^
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by Riona View Post
    Anybody going shopping on Black Friday? I've been debating whether I want to get up or not - depends on how good the deals look I think.
    Not a chance! I hate shopping and large crowds of people!

The only time I liked a crowd was when I was performing in front of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by ashi View Post
    3 am Logic Chili

These are so named because I was shopping at 3am when I picked out the ingredients. In my hazy state of mind, it made sense that since the habaneros are orange, I should also throw in other orange things, like an orange bell pepper, and candied yams...

Ingredients:

1 can black baluga lentils (425g/15oz)
    1 can European soldier beans (425g/15oz)
    1 can garbanzon beans (425g/15oz) (the first two are heirloom beans and may be hard to find... any 3 cans of beans that you like should do.)
    1 can tomato paste (340g/12 oz)
    1 can candied yams! It helps to cut them up a bit. (452g/16 oz)
    1 to 3 fresh habanero chilis (They are small and orange and hot! Wash your hands after cutting them up, or preferrably wear gloves. You can substitute dried habaneros.)
    1 bulb of garlic, all cloves peeled and chopped.
    1/4 purple onion, diced.
    1/2 orange bell pepper, chopped.

Drain the beans, but not the candied yams. Place all ingredients in a crock pot and stir well. Cook on low for around 8 hours. Use one habanero chili for mild, or just 1/2 for extra-mild. Use more to make it spicier. They do mellow a bit as they cook, so adding another near the end of cooking could potentially add more spice than you want.
    5 different canned items, yeah, this is only about 1,500 mgs of sodium per cup!
    IMO chili needs some kind of meat in it...just the way I'm used to it I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riona View Post
    IMO chili needs some kind of meat in it...just the way I'm used to it I guess.
    I usually made mine with ground sausage and turkey.
    win?
    good win !!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by bausti25 View Post
    win?
    Only 60 posts off with that one, so you were close!
    win?
    And I forgot the recent medical update, all was good on bloodwork, except my vitamin D, which has dropped. Not much sun here and I don't really like milk.

Must have been really bad, because she's got me taking 5 times the RDA.
    Last edited by verwon; 11/20/2010 at 07:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    And I forgot the recent medical update, all was good on bloodwork, except my vitamin 4, which has dropped. Not much sun here and I don't really like milk.

Must have been really bad, because she's got me taking 5 times the RDA.
    Um, what's "vitamin 4"??? I've never heard of that. LOL
    how bout now? LOL
    or now?