So why does it take so long for P|C to put up the podcasts for download? I missed it live last Tues..... Isn't it usualy up by now?
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    So why does it take so long for P|C to put up the podcasts for download? I missed it live last Tues..... Isn't it usualy up by now?
    Probably later today.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Congrats DJeremyC!!!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    I know....have to give Verwon props for sending out almost 200 special PMs. I think they should throw things at DBD for making this thread and having it blow up so fast.
    LOL! It wouldn't do any good, he'd just throw them back!
    What a beautiful day,,who wants to go for a jog w me?
    Sorry, my policy on running is I don't do it unless a maniac is chasing me with a large, deadly weapon and intent to do harm!!!
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I prefer walking or bicycling. Besides, it's kinder to my bad leg that way.
    Sketch, I just saw a link with a name. Was that it?
    ?
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Sketch, I just saw a link with a name. Was that it?
    how did we get here??

what just happened???
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    how did we get here??

what just happened???
    It's the Garrett paradox!
    how did we get here??

what just happened???
    You were moved on the fly.
    Are you guys dizzy?
  13.    #20033  
    how did we get here??

what just happened???
    * Let's do the Time Warp agaaaaaaain...

It's just a jump to the left...
    Quote Originally Posted by ashi View Post
    I prefer walking or bicycling. Besides, it's kinder to my bad leg that way.
    I prefer biking also,this past spring and summer I log almost 3000 miles using the jogstats app.
    Anyone know how often Google refreshes their search result descriptions?
    Nevermind. It's there forever...
    no its not
    Remove a page or site from Google's search results : Remove information from Google - Web Search Help

Remove information from Google: Remove a page or site from Google's search results Print
    If you want to remove content from Google's search results, that content should first be removed from the web or blocked from search engines. We run into a lot of people who think that Google runs the web and controls all the sites on it, but that's really not the case. The sites in Google's search results are controlled by those sites' webmasters.

To remove content (including a snippet, title, page content, or an entire URL or site) from search results, the site owner—whether it's you or somebody else—has a few options. The site owner can remove the concerning information from the page, take the page down from the web entirely, or indicate that Google shouldn't crawl or index the page. There are varying requirements depending on the type of content you want to remove, and these are described below. Want to remove an image from search results? Check this out first.

After these changes are made and Google has crawled the site again, the content should naturally drop out of the Google index.

However, if you need to urgently remove your site's content from search results, or if you need to remove Google's cached copy of a page that has already changed on the website or stop Google from showing results for a page that has been taken down completely, you can use Google's removal tool to expedite the process. To use the tool, you'll need to follow certain requirements, detailed below.

• If you own the site, you'll need to make the changes to your website yourself and then request removal of the problematic page from Google's search results using the URL removal tool in Webmaster Tools.
    • If you don't own the site, your first step is to contact the site's webmaster and request that the content is removed. (Note that depending on the type of removal—see below—some other changes may also be necessary). Once the changes have been made, you can request removal of the content from appearing as a cache copy or snippet in Google's search results by using the public URL removal tool. (It bears repeating: The site owner—whether it's you or somebody else—must have first made the required changes to the site, or this process will not work to remove the content from search results.)

The URL removal tool is designed for URLs that urgently need to be removed, such as URLs that accidentally expose confidential data. If you recently made changes to your site, Google’s crawlers will see this when recrawling URLs, and any outdated pages will naturally drop out of our search results over time. There’s no need to request an urgent removal.

You may also find the following articles useful:

Removing information from Blogger, Maps, YouTube, and other Google products

Personal information in search results - Webmaster Tools Help
    Last edited by sketch42; 11/18/2010 at 03:33 PM.
    True confession: When dbd first contacted me about doing Special PMs, I had just gotten out of the hospital and was feeling like so the first response I typed said no, I couldn't do it.

Then, I thought about it some more, before sending it. I'd never really talked to him, but his posts were fun and I figured that was just what I needed at that moment, so I deleted that response and agreed to do it. LOL
    I can't find this "URL remover" tool thing
  20.    #20040  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I can't find this "URL remover" tool thing
    Damn, Garrett, I feel bad for you.
    Hopefully something in all that info that Sketch posted can help.