Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I turn 25 on the 31st. One is usually excited about their birthday, me, not so much. I haven't gotten any presents since I was 20, none of my friends or family take me out to do anything. I have to make plans for myself and hope people show up. I wish it were because I don't have any friends or people that care about me, but I do, I have never been able to draw a crowd together. It's sad.

Saturday night I am going to a bar where a band I photograph for a lot is dedicating their show to me. That is awesome of these people. It's depressing though that people I'm not that close with go out of their way for me, while those who I am close with don't bother. I can count on one hand so far of all my friends who said they'd come out for me, two of them I live with. My older brother will of course come out, but his ultimate goal is to get black-out drunk, I'm not a fan of that.

What ever happened to quality time? People have gotten so selfish lately. Maybe I'm being selfish. No, I am being selfish. I don't care, I know no one here knows the back story, but I will say at the very least my friends should treat me to an awesome day after all the hardships I help them through on a day to day basis, knowing I don't have to be if I don't want to.

I cannot remember the last good birthday I had, something always goes wrong, someone always seems to go out of their way to upset me. Think bad thoughts and bad things will happen, I know. God do I wish I could change the way I think, but I honestly need more positive influences in my life, or someone to share that time with.

So I have good music to look forward to. A few good people to drink with. A girl who is harder to read than a blank book. Some free shots of bottom shelf liquor. It's better than nothing.

I'm just getting it off my chest. You guys know how it feels better to let it off. Especially where no one knows you personally.
    Enjoy it while you can.
    Every year goes by faster and faster.
    I hit 40 last year.

It makes me sick to my stomach to think about it.

So i make threads instead.
  3.    #3  
    I want to enjoy it, but the people around me make it too damn hard! I got to keep a clear head. Aim positive, deny the negative.
    you have friends here. Happy birthday. How can we make it special for you?

and enjoy your youth. I would love to be 25 again...
    Happiness and contentment is a decision I make every day when I climb out of bed... you can choose how you react to the world.

As far as birthdays go... my father was never interested in them... so I never had them. Ive celebrated my birthday 3 times... all as an adult when I had a young lady at the time. Its just the way life is... but really, I dont understand why it would depress you. Seems to me, instead of taking ownership of your own attitude and outlook on life you are waiting for other people to give you an excuse and hold your hand.

You are an adult now... take ownership of yourself...
    After I hit the 40 mark, they became "anniversaries of my 39th birthday". Time doesn't go 'marching on'... it starts running its **** off!
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    After I hit the 40 mark, they became "anniversaries of my 39th birthday". Time doesn't go 'marching on'... it starts running its **** off!
    Dang, you're old.
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Dang, you're old.
    Banned for saying dang.
    There is usually someone that is worse off than you are, so be happy for what you have.
    Dang, you're old.

..... I know. But at least everyone at work thinks I'm around 34. Shhhhhh....
    Just sleep through it and you'll never know you had one. Works for me.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    ..... I know. But at least everyone at work thinks I'm around 34. Shhhhhh....
    Come on, Newman! At your age you should know the difference between actually thinking you're 34 and just being kind.
    LOL someone's on a roll tonight...
    I'm 26 but have a different view of birthdays. I think it's a time when you should just take the day and do what makes you feel good. Don't rely on presents or people to go out of their way just for you, do something great for yourself.Take in a movie, go somewhere nice to eat, or...in my case....get completely wasted and wake up next to a random woman.

I guess I'm a bit jaded, my birthday is the 23rd of December.
    Treo 680 -> Palm Pre Plus
    WebOS is next to godliness
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    LOL someone's on a roll tonight...
    Yeah, I'm just projecting. Despite my young, progressive attitude, I'm actually much older than I appear.
    Yeah, I'm just projecting. Despite my young, progressive attitude, I'm actually much older than I appear.
    With a name like "groovy".... you aren't fooling anyone. Grew up watchin' the Partridge Family, didn't ya?
    cheer up dude,,who cares about birthdays,,screw it. 25,,and already depressed about bday's? How do you think I feel,,im gonna be 42. Happy birthday to you. When I turned 40 I decided to step it up a notch and really work out hard,,this is how I fought aging. Now I am 42 and look and feel 30. It's all attitude my friend. Go jump out of a plane,make it one to remember,,and,,,its very fun.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    With a name like "groovy".... you aren't fooling anyone. Grew up watchin' the Partridge Family, didn't ya?
    That hurts, Newman, that hurts. In my defense, I was very, very young when that show was on.
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    Happy Birthday! Oh to be 25 again. I started my current 23 year sentence with my employer when I was 25. Heck you were still in diapers when I started my job! That should make you feel better. As for growing old, its great!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    When I turned 40 I decided to step it up a notch and really work out hard,,this is how I fought aging. Now I am 42 and look and feel 30. It's all attitude my friend. Go jump out of a plane,make it one to remember,,and,,,its very fun.
    did the CEO for bowflex join precentral?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast