Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    another year older another beer richer
  2.    #22  
    Thanks for all the motivating speeches guys

As far as jumping out of a plane, something I want to do terribly bad. And then I think that would satisfy any other crazy urges I'd have. Or bring the crazy out.

Thanks again guys!
    i see you are in athens. should be able to find some great music...
  4.    #24  
    Oh no doubt. The show I am going to that night is dedicated to me, awesome of the band. I like to take part in the music scene here as much as possible, photography is a hobby of mine, I offer my services for free shows and beer all the time. I cannot begin to count the tens of thousands of pictures I've taken over the past couple of years.

Here is the group I'm going to see Sat. night... bad video, but good audio.

There is even a picture of the flyer for this coming Sat

After checking them out I'm going to a funk/jam band show. No matter what, Athens Ga has some amazing music playing somewhere any night of the week. I love that about this town.

I have decided I'm going to go get a tattoo on my left calf, with or without someone. I attached what I plan on getting inked. It's to help me move on with the deaths of my mother and step-mother. They have always been something I've let control me rather than move on with my life. I feel this will help bring an inner peace of sorts.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewanders View Post
    Happiness and contentment is a decision I make every day when I climb out of bed... you can choose how you react to the world.
    I like that attitude.

I'll be 60 soon. I hope that I "found" myself by now. I know that I am comfortable with the person I am now. I like birthdays fine -- whether I celebrate them with someone special or just do everyday activities.
    They are sad if I let myself think about it. I'm 48 and one has ever thrown me a party, not even as a kid. I'm usually this guy though. I just try to ignore my birthday.
    Lately, i've been sleeping through New Year's Eves to "avoid" time.
  8.    #28  
    As I expected, I didn't draw a crowd. Most of the people who said they'd show up I ended up seeing at 2:30 am when I'm leaving, all of them four bars down playing ping-pong. I ignored them and just went to the car, I'm seriously ****ed off about that. Aside from the three people I rode with, two people showed up to wish me a happy birthday. Pretty freaking sad. BUT - this is the kind of crap I've come to expect. C'est la vie.

I did get myself a birthday present earlier in the day, attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by squeezy View Post
    As I expected, I didn't draw a crowd. Most of the people who said they'd show up I ended up seeing at 2:30 am when I'm leaving, all of them four bars down playing ping-pong. I ignored them and just went to the car, I'm seriously ****ed off about that. Aside from the three people I rode with, two people showed up to wish me a happy birthday. Pretty freaking sad. BUT - this is the kind of crap I've come to expect. C'est la vie.
    They are not real freinds, and you should take your mind off of them.

You'll know it when you do have real friends. They are there for you in good times AND the bad times.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    After I hit the 40 mark, they became "anniversaries of my 39th birthday". Time doesn't go 'marching on'... it starts running its **** off!
    Speaking as someone staring 49 in the face this week (!!!) I love that remark. After my birthday, the rest of the year flies (make that zooms) rather quickly into the holidays! If I look around, I can still find needles from my 2009 Christmas tree lurking around where my vacuum missed and in 4 months if I get another tree, it'll start all over again!
    Quote Originally Posted by qwiklight View Post
    Speaking as someone staring 49 in the face this week (!!!) I love that remark. After my birthday, the rest of the year flies (make that zooms) rather quickly into the holidays! If I look around, I can still find needles from my 2009 Christmas tree lurking around where my vacuum missed and in 4 months if I get another tree, it'll start all over again!
    I hit 49 in six weeks. Most significant thing I know that happened around the time we were born was the Berlin Wall was created 8/13/61.

We out lasted it. Yippee
    Dang it. Just realized I completely ignored the OP. I'm really sorry that you were treated that way. I hope next year goes better.
  13.    #33  
    Thanks guys
    Sounds like your friends aren't. Ditch them and make friends with people who you look forward spending time with. Doing it any other way is a wait of time.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    i just turned 52,,, i still sky dive, rock climb.. ski the double an triple blacks... do a little base jumping,, scuba,, water ski.. etc etc.. i enjoy life... some of my friends,, look at me, including my wife.. and shake their heads.. one even suggested i should have my insurance revoked.. damn he is my insurance agent lolol... i was out windsurfing on a lake,, in 25 knot winds.. on saturday.. freaking a blast.. now i will say this.. takes me longer to heal.. lolol but over all... you have to have fun.. life is short.. so play hard..
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
    I'm 35, and I don't feel old. Look at it this way, if you weren't getting any older, you'd be dead.
    Like my main man biggy once said, "birthdays were the worst days, now we sip champaign when we thirsty"
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
    Like my main man biggy once said, "birthdays were the worst days, now we sip champaign when we thirsty"
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Happy birthday big guy. Keep the chin up. We here at P|C think you're swell.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12