1.    #1  
    Hi everyone,

Good evening,

It all started with the Palm Pre......

Here are two articles, the second from engadget has a pic, I have supplied the links to both articles.

Take care,

Jay

ARTICLE ONE:

Wireless charging standard finalized, more scary gadget chargers coming soon?

Wireless charging standard finalized, more scary gadget chargers coming soon?

Thereís something a little bit freaky about being able to charge a mobile device battery without actually plugging in any cables. But itís also pretty darn cool. There are already a handful of wireless charging devices on the market, including the Touchstone charger for the Palm Pre smartphone. But now the folks at the Wireless Power Consortium have finalized the new Qi standard which can be used to develop all sorts of devices that can charge using the same technology.

In other words, imagine being able to pick up a charging base station and using it to charge any phone or other mobile device thatís designed to meet the Qi specifications.

Right now, the Qi standard is only good for devices using up to 5 Watts, which means we probably wonít see laptop chargers just yet. But smartphones, portable media players, and other mobile devices could hit the streets.

ARTICLE TWO:

Qi wireless power standard finalized, universal contactless chargers look closer to reality than ever
    By Vlad Savov posted Jul 26th 2010 2:34AM

Qi wireless power standard finalized, universal contactless chargers look closer to reality than ever -- Engadget

The Wireless Power Consortium took a big step forward this past week with the confirmation that its precocious Qi interoperability standard has been finalized. Composed of three documents setting out the interface, performance and compliance requirements, the new dictum has set itself the not inconsiderable challenge of making wireless charging universal, so that any Qi-approved phone can soak up juice from any Qi-verified base station, dock or omnitool. This first spec is limited to devices requiring no more than 5 Watts, an appropriately humble early goal, though cauldrons are already bubbling with ideas for laptops and the like. We just hope the impressive list of big time companies on the Consortium will succeed in taking Qi into the mainstream -- who here hasn't dreamt of their phone being compatible with the Touchstone?
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Thanks for the article Jay. I wonder if such a charger would be enough to charge a tablet or slate. That would indeed be cool.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by PREferred View Post
    Thanks for the article Jay. I wonder if such a charger would be enough to charge a tablet or slate. That would indeed be cool.
    Hi,

Thank you! Just think some day, we may all have a version of it in our garages or driveways to charge our cars, LOL, however it can happen!

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    hey how did you get that animated avatar when ever i try to use one it says they are not allowed ??
    ĦṔ-ḶÝōṫ-Ŧḯōη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->