Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    We have seen the process of aging in Humans, Animals, and every living thing on this earth. I'm curious to find out what causes aging to occur.

Is there anyone on the forum with any knowledge of this unstoppable occurrence? Is it possible to stop aging?
    It's women.
    And no.
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    We have seen the process of aging in Humans, Animals, and every living thing on this earth. I'm curious to find out what causes aging to occur.

Is there anyone on the forum with any knowledge of this unstoppable occurrence? Is it possible to stop aging?
    Yes they have narrowed it down the mechanics of it let me see if i can find the article. They experimented on mice and it seemed to stop the aging of muscles, organs etc.
    caloric restrictive diets have been shown to extend life and retarrd aging.

For example if a normal monkey consumes 2000 calories per day, radically reducing its caloric intake would significantly extend its life.

BARYE only consumes 500 calories per day, and is more than 200 hundreds years old .

Your mileage may vary ...
    Last edited by BARYE; 07/26/2010 at 05:03 PM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post

For example if a normal monkey consumes 2000 calories per day, radically reducing its caloric intake would significantly extend its life.

BARYE only consumes 500 calories per day, and is more than 200 hundreds years old .

This is also why bulimic people tend to appear younger and more attractive.
    Treo 680 -> Palm Pre Plus
    WebOS is next to godliness
    Quote Originally Posted by snotball007 View Post

This is also why bulimic people tend to appear younger and more attractive.
    modesty usually prevents BARYE from noting that, but if you insist ...

(though I am of course, not "people" !! )
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post

500 calories a day? Are you on hunger strike?
    As far as I know, what causes aging to occur is on a DNA/RNA level... As you get older, each cell in your body degenerates, and the long string of code that are the building blocks of the cells get shorter and shorter... eg., hair loses color, eyesight goes bad, muscles don't work as well..
    The religious crowd will tell you it's because Adam sinned. That's the whole reason. That's it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdoinit View Post
    The religious crowd will tell you it's because Adam sinned. That's the whole reason. That's it.
    very few religious people blame it on Adam... I know since I am religious. Aging comes from cells in your body. The cells have a clock in them basically that tells the cell it's time to age. I don't have the the correct name for this process but I'm sure you can google it. Most anti aging creams and stuff only helps the skin from appearing aged but, not organs.
    From a cellular level... most living creatures are nothing more than an exothermic chemical reaction that begins at conception and runs its course through to death. As a person grows older, the chemical makeup of their body changes... the skin becomes more loose, organs start to break down, the brain begins to work less efficiently... etc and so on. It is due to the balance of the many different chemicals changing as we continue through to the end... can they stop that or slow it down? They might be able to slow it down... but every reaction has a beginning and an end its just the way life is.
    nobody gets outta here alive
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    nobody gets outta here alive
    Lol lol, except maybe BARYE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zed350 View Post
    500 calories a day? Are you on hunger strike?
    Zed350 -- you perhaps are new here. Welcome.

Be assured that everything BARYE says can be relied upon as the absolute truth.

He is an aging but still spry fount of erudition, insight, and "bulimic" beauty --

(Certainly someone as wise and handsome as yourself has already seen that...)
    A big part (probably not all) of aging has to do with the accumulation of mutations in mitochondrial DNA. Mitochondria are the biggest producers of Reactive Oxygen Species (ROS), which are aggressive radicals that attack DNA, proteins and lipids, resulting in modified forms that can be dysfunctional. Over time, mitochondrial DNA takes a lot of hits, and by the age of 50 many of the mitochondria in a cell have accumulated mutations. Mitochondria are the energy factories of the cell, plus they have other essential functions. So impaired mitochondria can underly a lot of the features of aging.
    Does anybody know what ever happened to Dolly, that sheep that was cloned a few years ago?
    Did she age?
    Getting cryogenically frozen is a good solution to stop aging.
    It worked on Futurama.
    Does anybody know what ever happened to Dolly, that sheep that was cloned a few years ago?
    Did she age?
    Yep, and deader than a door nail. She didn't live long since in that experiment they weren't able to "reset" the cells. So when she was born her cells could only divide about half the times. Basically the life span was shared and both died at the same time, although different ages.
    Treo 680 -> Palm Pre Plus
    WebOS is next to godliness
    Quote Originally Posted by snotball007 View Post
    Yep, and deader than a door nail. She didn't live long since in that experiment they weren't able to "reset" the cells. So when she was born her cells could only divide about half the times. Basically the life span was shared and both died at the same time, although different ages.
    Huh. That's interesting. Thanks.
    It's women.
    And no.
    yup wife and kids ! ! don't forget the kids ! !
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast