1.    #1  
    I had this happen today, I was just reading some tutorials working with Ares, when suddenly the word "search" no longer seemed recognizable, like it was the oddest spelled word ever and didn't "fit" anymore.

Anyone else ever have this happen?
    I thought the word information was a French word(like only French not English)
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    That particular word never seems to be recognized on this site. Doh! (jk)

Actually, it happened to me just the other day... was writing an email to someone and the most basic word simply kept looking more and more wrong the longer I looked at it. I ended up just changing it to another because it was driving me nuts. I remember when I was a kid, it happened on the most embarrassing word to not know... I was in like 4th grade and studying and one word just didn't look right and my brain froze.. I looked up at my mom and said "what does t-h-e mean?" "Um... THE?" Happens to us all, but I wouldn't admit that one for a few years.
    Oh man, I know exactly what you are talking about. A simple basic word that you've seen thousands of times during your life all of a sudden doesn't seem right. The more you look at it, the weirder it gets. It's such a bizarre feeling lol
    Jeez... no doubt. I get this sometimes when Ive been coding too much... a high function language like C++ or Python, and the words used for calls and commands and such... after a few days of heavy coding with little interaction with the outside world and my brain just feels strange... words look odd, I make strange mistakes in conversation. Yep... way too immersed.
    This happens to me all the time with the word recieve or is it receive? hmm there I go again
    Cant think of anything off the bat, but sometimes I will mentally think ctrl+z if i screw something up, or I will use forum lingo in real conversation and my fiance looks at me like a psycho.
    I'm also a writer, do freelance articles and such, so it happens to me all the time........especially with my first name!!

Or, you know you spelled a word correctly, but for some reason it just seems so odd and doesn't want to click, so you keep staring at it and thinking about it.

Until you resort to HelloNNNewman's strategy and finally change it to something else, so it stops driving you nuts!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    I'm also a writer, do freelance articles and such, so it happens to me all the time........especially with my first name!!

Or, you know you spelled a word correctly, but for some reason it just seems so odd and doesn't want to click, so you keep staring at it and thinking about it.

Until you resort to HelloNNNewman's strategy and finally change it to something else, so it stops driving you nuts!
    On the one hand... I generally have very good ability to spell correctly, decent grammar, a sizable vocabulary, and correct usage of vernacular... but I am NEVER without a dictionary because it drives me insane when this happens. I have two dictionary apps on my phone for that very reason.

On the other hand... I am so used to writing lots of things that have no true correlation to speech, so when typing my fingers slip up often. AND to top it off... being an amatuer linguist REALLY tosses a wrench into that mix... Im only fluent in 2 languages, can hold decent conversations in two others, and can have rudimentary exchanges 3 others, so Im far from a true linguist... but its enough to really mess me up.
    Wow!
    I thought this was a defect with me.
    I had no idea that this was a common thing.
    I know the feeling, and I know how to get there. Just keep on repeating the word over and over until next thing you know, it's just letters. And change the intonation and syllable pairs as well like: HE-llo-HE-LLO-he-LLOhe-heLLOheLlohelllohheeelo...
    oww my brain hurts it's like 530 am and this completley scrambled my brains guys LOL
    Just had this happen looking at the word Short. Seems such a grotesque spelling at the moment.
    Last edited by NachoB; 08/03/2010 at 06:44 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Wow, I cant believe that happened to someone else. I totally thought that Palm messed up with ARES in spelling Label (I thought it was lable for some reason). I guess the people here are very similar to me, yeah.