Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Oh yeah, we can keep up! No problem!
    Quote Originally Posted by pmcardle View Post
    WebOs fan girl here! We can keep up with you boys.
    True that!
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    This reminds me of the old Yahoo and AOL days of people saying: "ASL?"
    OMG I applaud your bravery to admit you TOO were there.. AOL "rooms"

And the days where it was NOT unlimted time. you paid after what? 30 hours or whatever it was.. What was YOUR higest AOL bill? I tell ya mine if you tell me yours HAHAHAHAHHA

The stories I bet we ALL could tell huh??

Thanks for the best chuckle Ive had all day..
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

Those where memories I did not want to remember, gee thanks! LOL!
  4.    #64  
    Those where memories I did not want to remember, gee thanks! LOL!
    Those memories are grown folks memory.
    Quote Originally Posted by SFHandyman View Post
    Palm no longer entertaining enough to fill your free time?
    HAHAHAHA!

am i the only one who got that? or am i the only one who still acts like he's 12?
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    Those memories are grown folks memory.
    Yes, but do we really have to admit it? LOL!

I was talking to my son the one day, he wanted to know if he could use YouTube on the Treo 755 I sent him and I had to ask what he would do if there was no YouTube?

He was baffled, so I then explained to him that when I got my first PC, it DID NOT exist, that confused him even more.

He's 15, so a world without such things as YouTube, Google and etc. is just incomprehensible!
    Yes, but do we really have to admit it? LOL!

I was talking to my son the one day, he wanted to know if he could use YouTube on the Treo 755 I sent him and I had to ask what he would do if there was no YouTube?

He was baffled, so I then explained to him that when I got my first PC, it DID NOT exist, that confused him even more.

He's 15, so a world without such things as YouTube, Google and etc. is just incomprehensible!

what? when did he first start using a computer? I'm 17, and i remember using a computer with a Pentium 100mhz, along with 16mb of ram.. Dial-up internet, aww man, that sucked. I remember how it felt when i first got "high speed internet".

I recall having to get off the computer so my parents could make a call.. (yes, i was born a geek). Youtube launched 5 years ago, i remember listening to cbc one morning on my way to school, and hearing how google paid over a billion for youtube.

I remember when windows xp first came out, I hated it.. It was nice, but i couldn't use it that well.. I remember thinking windows xp professional was for "IT" people, and thinking i couldn't figure out how to use it, since it's "professional". I remember password protecting our computer, and forgetting the password, I remember buying our first printer. A crappy Lexmark when i was in grade 2, but boy was I happy. It had colour!

Once in a while I hear things like this (your son not being able to imagine a world without youtube), and get blown away, then I realize "O Yea, I'm a geek".
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    HAHAHAHA!

am i the only one who got that? or am i the only one who still acts like he's 12?
    I will admit... it made me laugh too.
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    what? when did he first start using a computer? I'm 17, and i remember using a computer with a Pentium 100mhz, along with 16mb of ram.. Dial-up internet, aww man, that sucked. I remember how it felt when i first got "high speed internet".

I recall having to get off the computer so my parents could make a call.. (yes, i was born a geek). Youtube launched 5 years ago, i remember listening to cbc one morning on my way to school, and hearing how google paid over a billion for youtube.

I remember when windows xp first came out, I hated it.. It was nice, but i couldn't use it that well.. I remember thinking windows xp professional was for "IT" people, and thinking i couldn't figure out how to use it, since it's "professional". I remember password protecting our computer, and forgetting the password, I remember buying our first printer. A crappy Lexmark when i was in grade 2, but boy was I happy. It had colour!

Once in a while I hear things like this (your son not being able to imagine a world without youtube), and get blown away, then I realize "O Yea, I'm a geek".
    LOL! He's only recently been getting into using computers, at all. Mostly, he does everything from his phone or PS3.

He's had access to one since he was 4, when we got our first, but never had any interest in using it.
    This "I remember when" needs a separate thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by SFHandyman View Post
    This "I remember when" needs a separate thread.
    http://m.forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=2565803#post2565803
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    It's Ebonics.

And I think he was just having fun, I've seen other posts from him.
    It's still spelled "there" in AAVE. Whatever excuses you want to make for the non-standard grammar, the OP still has atrocious spelling, although I generally overlook it. Well, except for that time when he kept spelling "poll" as "pole".
    screwdestiny
    PSN • Twitter • Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    It's still spelled "there" in AAVE. Whatever excuses you want to make for the non-standard grammar, the OP still has atrocious spelling, although I generally overlook it. Well, except for that time when he kept spelling "poll" as "pole".
    I took a look at your sig and I'm a bit confused. I could understand the other poster not seeing it, but...

Rush, I guess the lesson is don't try to get "real" on here, lol! Even just for fun.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Diva - According to Sublime "It gets so real sometimes". I don't think rush can help it

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    This reminds me of the old Yahoo and AOL days of people saying: "ASL?"
    OMG, I need to sit down. Too much of a Flash from the Past!!

I asked my nephew a few years ago if he knew what a record was. He replied "Yeah, Michael Jordan broke all kinds of records!"
  17.    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post
    I asked my nephew a few years ago if he knew what a record was. He replied "Yeah, Michael Jordan broke all kinds of records!"
    That's funny..
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Lady here
    “We are stronger than we think we are. We have courage that we do not recognize until we need it. We are equal to challenges that we haven't even imagined yet.”
    Quote Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post
    Ha ha!!! Why am I sooooooooooo not surprised!
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    LP's are the only way to listen to pure music, IMO.

The way the sound is recorded on one it makes for a better sound. The sound quality of a record degrades over time obviously, but the sound that's recorded initially is better. It comes down to analog waves vs. sampling rate -> voltage waves (ie: CDs).

Not sure why I just spouted that off ... :| but I personally have a large collection of LPs (I'm 25) and I love listening to them over digital music. Digital is just so damn convenient though
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast