Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am in the market for a new car. Let's get some talking points out.

1. Used or New?

2. Lease or own?

3. Hybrid or not?

4. ANyone have feedback about CARMAX?

Thinking of gettin' a Camaro. Its from $23T-30+T. NEW. Tech in the car is somewhat lacking. But it is a nice lookin car the specs that i really want is around 28K-32-K. I am somewhat hesitant to buy something above 30K. i feel like i can get a decent German sports car in that range.

Let's get those engine brains goin!
    What are you looking for in a car? Just get from A to B? Family? AutoX? Track? Auto or manual or does it even matter? How much trunk space are you willing to concede? 2 or 4 seater? Coupe or sedan? How long are you planning on keeping it for? Limit on how much you want to spend on maintenance? Do you live in an area with snow? Road conditions in your area? Will this be your primary car?
    really depends on what you are looking for. Personally I would choose the 2011 mustang although they may not be as stylish as the camero the interior is better imo, and it has better performance. Not sure if your looking at the V8 or V6 models.
    Quote Originally Posted by bullonparade85 View Post
    really depends on what you are looking for. Personally I would choose the 2011 mustang although they may not be as stylish as the camero the interior is better imo, and it has better performance. Not sure if your looking at the V8 or V6 models.
    camero? And shelby GT 500 super snake is the way to go.
    I'm a bit biased, but if I were in the market for a sports car, it would be a Nissan 370Z or used 350Z.
    Got mine off autotrader dot com a couple yrs ago. 2006 Range Rover with 32,000 miles, pristine condition, etc. This is where I will shop from now on.

Nearly all dealers have an online division with deals. I live in Florida, but pruchased SUV from outer state b/c of deal.
    sports car??? I'm waiting for the ft-86 myself, it might be called the 'celica' possibly the next 'hachi roku'(86 in omage to the ae-86 corollas) , but the latest name is the fr-s .
    check this out.

Oh and there will be a track ready version too. Shame it just got pushed back though.
    oh well, till then I'm playing with my mr2 and drouling over the chanlenger. Next time you get a chance, take a REALLY good look at the camero. I was really disapointed. Have yet to see one with a straight body. The lines are all off!
    remember the old commericals with the marble rolling around the car through the body panel gaps (doors/fenders) smoothly? Won't happen with the new camero. Not to mention the pin stripe surrounding the rally stripes looks like it was done with a fingernail brush by a 3 year old. Sorry maybe they just shipped all the ''b'' stock to my area.

oh forgot to mention the wave the rear bumper has where it meets the quarter panel and just stare at the trunk... Even my girlfriend noticed they are not straight, not 1 on the lot.
    Lets Start With What Price Range Are You Working With.

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    Check out emunds,com. It gives you sticker and dealer price. Lots of info and reviews. If your a member of Costco they have an auto buying program that's $200 to $500 over dealer cost. Never buy anything that doesn't excite you.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    What are you looking for in a car? Just get from A to B? Family? AutoX? Track? Auto or manual or does it even matter? How much trunk space are you willing to concede? 2 or 4 seater? Coupe or sedan? How long are you planning on keeping it for? Limit on how much you want to spend on maintenance? Do you live in an area with snow? Road conditions in your area? Will this be your primary car?

1. lookin for a coupe/sports car - want to relish my singlehood while i can I guess that means it is really for personal use, something i can play with.

2. dont need much trunk space

3. My gadget life is about one year... so maybe the car will last me about 3 years before i itch for a new one. Although if i buy a nice German sports car, it may be for keeps

4. No problem with snow in my area. Drive to work is very short. Really guys this is just for me (and the women who will ride it :P)

5. Price range: 20T-30T. If it is a used car i really do not want to spend 30T+ on it.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by lazslo11 View Post
    Never buy anything that doesn't excite you.
    Exactly my friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettQ View Post
    I'm a bit biased, but if I were in the market for a sports car, it would be a Nissan 370Z or used 350Z.
    Ah a nissan lover. I myself am gulty of this, I have a 2002 sentra se-r specV. I too would go for the 350 or 370Z.
    are you planning on using the car for autox or track or just as a fun car to have?
  14.    #14  
    more of a personal daily car. No plans on racing or anything. its a trophy car.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    1. lookin for a coupe/sports car - want to relish my singlehood while i can I guess that means it is really for personal use, something i can play with.

2. dont need much trunk space

3. My gadget life is about one year... so maybe the car will last me about 3 years before i itch for a new one. Although if i buy a nice German sports car, it may be for keeps

4. No problem with snow in my area. Drive to work is very short. Really guys this is just for me (and the women who will ride it :P)

5. Price range: 20T-30T. If it is a used car i really do not want to spend 30T+ on it.
    The new Mustang is pretty nice plus it gets good gas mileage for V6 - 31 MPG on the highway.
    Please do remember that cars are one of the single worse things to do with your money. Spend the bare minimum on the car and invest the rest.
    First thing first.. Get a Euro. Second All Wheel Drive.

I have an Audi A6 I'm coming from a 240SX which I loved but living in Canada and the snow storm we can and take a toll on driving, and the 240 was a rear wheel drive and it ****ty. Then I got the Quttro Audi 2 years ago and loving it.. Better yet I love the summer driving.. Corner at high speed and full control.. Love it.

but that's me..

Owning your own car is better than leaseing.

new or used.. That's fully up to you.

hybrid is costly for repairs.
    dathomas is right though. unless its a collector car, and your just gunna wipe it with a diaper. if your only looking at keeping it for 3 years, your search for a toy does broaden though as you will not lose as much. if you want something fun and that will hold the value though, consider the price range slightly less. my roommate had a celica alltrac that he had for 9years, bought it for 5k, sold it for 7500. my 89 mr2 i bought in 2000, just got appraised for 7k, i put new tires on it lol
    look into late 80s to mid 90s japanese or audi. something you can truely be proud of, be reliable as can be and if anything happens, you dont have to worry about an astronomical bill. plus you will a whole lot extra $$$ to spiff up with power, suspension and wheel/ tires.... or more $ to get into trouble with lol
    heres a list
    toyota- celica all-trac, mr2 s/c, mr2 turbo, supra mk3 turbo
    nissan- 300zx turbo, 300zx twin turbo, 240sx
    audi-coupe quattro
    vw- corrado, gti golf
    porsche-914,924,926,944,912, 911 ( rear trans models are REALLY expensive clutch jobs though if you go stick however)
    bmw- pick one
    benz-190e amg
    just a few suggestions, as nice examples fetch big and as long as they are well kept only go up in value. im in several car/truck/motorcycle clubs, if you want i can send you some pics of the cars i mean. real nice examples.
    Last edited by toyotast165; 07/18/2010 at 06:12 PM.
    Palm prē-ist.
    I Would Suggest Maybe A Nismo 350Z, or BMW 135i.

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    I'm a bit of a VW junkie so of course I'll be biased here. Unfortunately the current line up isn't exactly full of sports cars. I will say, though, I had a VW EOS for a loaner while my Jetta was in the shop and it was a really fun car to drive. 2.0 Turbo Convertable. Some say it looks like a chick car though so if that's not your thing I'd look to VW's sister company Audi and go with an A4 or other sporty model.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast