Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    what's your budget?

I went car shopping with a friend a month back and I fell in love with the 06 to current VW Passat its a sweet ride, very comfortable and 2.0 turbo. Its sexy

don't laugh but I also loving the design of the new hyundai
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    dathomas is right though. unless its a collector car, and your just gunna wipe it with a diaper. if your only looking at keeping it for 3 years, your search for a toy does broaden though as you will not lose as much. if you want something fun and that will hold the value though, consider the price range slightly less. my roommate had a celica alltrac that he had for 9years, bought it for 5k, sold it for 7500. my 89 mr2 i bought in 2000, just got appraised for 7k, i put new tires on it lol
    look into late 80s to mid 90s japanese or audi. something you can truely be proud of, be reliable as can be and if anything happens, you dont have to worry about an astronomical bill. plus you will a whole lot extra $$$ to spiff up with power, suspension and wheel/ tires.... or more $ to get into trouble with lol
    heres a list
    toyota- celica all-trac, mr2 s/c, mr2 turbo, supra mk3 turbo
    nissan- 300zx turbo, 300zx twin turbo, 240sx
    audi-coupe quattro
    vw- corrado, gti golf
    porsche-914,924,926,944,912, 911 ( rear trans models are REALLY expensive clutch jobs though if you go stick however)
    bmw- pick one
    benz-190e amg
    just a few suggestions, as nice examples fetch big and as long as they are well kept only go up in value. im in several car/truck/motorcycle clubs, if you want i can send you some pics of the cars i mean. real nice examples.
    Good post. We can end the thread right there.
    How about a used Corvette convertible? They are easily purchased in your price range; and ,will hold its value fairly well for three years.

Found this little gem a couple of months ago. 2003 50th anniversary model with 9k miles for under $30k.

Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
    Quote Originally Posted by BobKy View Post
    How about a used Corvette convertible? They are easily purchased in your price range; and ,will hold its value fairly well for three years.
    Found this little gem a couple of months ago. 2003 50th anniversary model with 9k miles for under $30k.

[url= - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting[/url]
    might as well tell everyone on precentral you have a small *****.
    i am not sure how this is about leasing but according to this article your best option is to lease since you'll be driving it around for around 3 years only
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_singh View Post
    might as well tell everyone on precentral you have a small *****.
    It may be small,but I'm happy to still have it I have a few other toys,but I'll save those for another day
    forgot to mention a 3rotor mazda rx7 turbo.
    what ever makes him happy though, i will say cruising to shows and doing charity drives is a really good time
    Palm prē-ist.
    forgot to mention a 3rotor mazda rx7 turbo.
    what ever makes him happy though, i will say cruising to shows and doing charity drives is a really good time
    Ditch the rotary and cram a 302 in it. Lol.
  9.    #29  
    dathomas is right though. unless its a collector car, and your just gunna wipe it with a diaper. if your only looking at keeping it for 3 years, your search for a toy does broaden though as you will not lose as much. if you want something fun and that will hold the value though, consider the price range slightly less. my roommate had a celica alltrac that he had for 9years, bought it for 5k, sold it for 7500. my 89 mr2 i bought in 2000, just got appraised for 7k, i put new tires on it lol
    look into late 80s to mid 90s japanese or audi. something you can truely be proud of, be reliable as can be and if anything happens, you dont have to worry about an astronomical bill. plus you will a whole lot extra $$$ to spiff up with power, suspension and wheel/ tires.... or more $ to get into trouble with lol
    heres a list
    toyota- celica all-trac, mr2 s/c, mr2 turbo, supra mk3 turbo
    nissan- 300zx turbo, 300zx twin turbo, 240sx
    audi-coupe quattro
    vw- corrado, gti golf
    porsche-914,924,926,944,912, 911 ( rear trans models are REALLY expensive clutch jobs though if you go stick however)
    bmw- pick one
    benz-190e amg
    just a few suggestions, as nice examples fetch big and as long as they are well kept only go up in value. im in several car/truck/motorcycle clubs, if you want i can send you some pics of the cars i mean. real nice examples.
    thats a great list! thanks man.

Anyone have any feedback on carmax?

Again, lease or buy?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    buy, gives you a sense of ownership to yourself.. not the company you're leasing it from, IMO.

Me, I'm more practical, I go into the field a lot as a research scientist, and I prefer to keep things in a nice budget (I am a research scientist, remember )

My next car will be a Subaru.. cant' decide between the new Outback or Forester...
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by srswarley View Post
    buy, gives you a sense of ownership to yourself.. not the company you're leasing it from, IMO.

Me, I'm more practical, I go into the field a lot as a research scientist, and I prefer to keep things in a nice budget (I am a research scientist, remember )

My next car will be a Subaru.. cant' decide between the new Outback or Forester...
    I am quite the window shopper too. It takes me 3 months to decide on a new gadget to buy.

I get that you are practical? I respect that. It is something that I want to reward myself with after years of studying and training. We all have our own things that excite us. I want the kind of car (if i were to buy and keep it) that my kids would be proud of and maybe fight over when i die ;D
    I may be somewhat biased, but go with the Camaro. Combined with the cars great looks, it's the best motor (Corvette's 426HP LS3) you can get for $31K.

I didn't read the whole thread, but if you happen to be somewhat of a gear head, this car will be much easier to work on and upgrade than the german or japanese cars. Throw another $10k on top and you'll be spanking any GT500 for a fraction of the price.
  13.    #33  
    Just found quite a few older AUdi TT's (2001-2005) with less than 20K mileage that are from 15-20K. Worth it?

Can anyone suggest any online forums for this kind of topic?
    If you're commuting, then a 150cc scooter is the best buy you can get, I use one exclusively and spend maybe 3 bucks a week on gas.
    Quote Originally Posted by BobKy View Post
    It may be small,but I'm happy to still have it I have a few other toys,but I'll save those for another day
    LOL
    2002-2004 Z06
    11.9-12.4 out the box, handles and stops. not over priced maintenance.
    not snow approved though
    17-25k
  17.    #37  
    dont know but the corvette never really appealed to me.
  18.    #38  
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Never? Not even the late 60's Stingray models?
    Attached Images Attached Images
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by srswarley View Post
    Never? Not even the late 60's Stingray models?
    now that is hot. if i was into collecting not driving cars, thats something i would consider.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast