1.    #1  
    This explains everything.
    thanks for sharing your good news. congratulations!
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    That's ironic.
    Between this post, and most of your other posts, i was thinking that you have the talent to be a great writer.
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    BARYE's staff has been poring over your message for the last several hours, searching for the secret text, its hidden meaning.

You've managed to elude them it seems so far -- yet despite pained exasperated groans of protest, all weekend leaves have been canceled -- dbd's message will be deciphered !!

Are you working for the Company dbd ?? Black OPS, Delta Force ??

Who is behind this wicked misinformation campaign of yours ???

Attempting to plant stories to undermine confidence in BARYE, his leadership, his immortality ?? Huh !! I laugh at your pitiable insolence !!

To paraphrase what I once said to my good friend Samuel Clemens: "reports of my death are greatly exaggerated."

I confide that your little fun did provoke a modest contretemps in our organization. It was, if unintended, a helpful exercise in testing my staff's loyalty and dedication to the cause.

Remember how I told you that weekend leave had been canceled so that the staff could fully devote themselves to deciphering the hidden meanings of your message ?? Well after your erroneous report was received, one of the more junior staff left early to care for his unhappy GF. Apparently he thought his assignment no longer had the priority I had given it. He's been duly “reprimanded”.

Truth is, I only just got back to headquarters a couple of hours ago. I’d been out of contact for most of the afternoon and was unaware of your nefarious games. Reception issues with my damn iPhone4. A trusted senior aide had to come get me -- he alone knew where I was “hiking the Appalachian trail”.

Upon my hurried return I called a special meeting where I invited all the senior staff to speak with absolute candor. I wanted to know given the circumstances, the questions arising from my unexplained absence during this crisis, if it was perhaps best for me to resign.

Everyone loudly shouted NO NO NO !!! -- that a revolution without BARYE was unthinkable.

Everyone save one.

A favorite aide of mine bravely volunteered a small nuanced dissent. He suggested given the uncertainty of the moment, my being out of communication during a critical time -- that maybe it would be good for the cause if perhaps I stepped aside for a day or so, as a token of remorse, of responsibility-- of "getting it" as it were -- if nothing else to demonstrate my superiority to Steve Jobs.

I genuinely thanked everyone for their input -- and most especially my courageous aide. And to show that I held no hard feelings for him, I returned candor with candor and mentioned that I felt he'd really look much better if he lost 10 lbs.

He looked surprised -- assuring me that he had less than 1 percent body fat.

I swear he winked at me, letting me know that he got our little joke -- as his head came to rest in the basket under our guillotine ...
    Last edited by BARYE; 07/18/2010 at 10:51 PM. Reason: versions before 6:30 am were very bad ...
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  4.    #4  
    That's some good stuff right there, lol.

Somehow i picture you in a dark smokey room, with papers scattered all around and stale coffee in a mug on your desk.
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 07/18/2010 at 09:38 AM.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Hasn't anyone every told you not to feed the wildlife? Sure, he may be cute, furry, and articulate but remember, he's still an animal. One minute he may be waxing poetic but the next he's clawing at your groin. Best just to roll your windows up and keep driving.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Hasn't anyone every told you not to feed the wildlife? Sure, he may be cute, furry, and articulate but remember, he's still an animal. One minute he may be waxing poetic but the next he's clawing at your groin. Best just to roll your windows up and keep driving.
    lol lol lol
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post

Really -- its just as likely that I'd tear your face off and eat it in front of you, raw --(but that's just me...)

(courtesy of bruba)
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)