Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    What -- has BARYE joined the Tea-baggers ???

Has BARYE begun to date members of his own species ??

Has BARYE been shaken to learn that not everyone loves him as much as he loves himself ???

NO !!

Theres just been a bleepin EARTHQUAKE underneath me !!!

A 3.9 !!!!

I might have been CRUSHED !!!

What could this have meant for the future salvation of our planet ??? I shudder to think of the horrific implications -- a near miss for sure.

I was posting to Precentral -- when there was this sudden shaking rumble that lasted maybe 45 seconds !!! (Much of what I write here is earth shaking -- but no one thinks there was any connection, do they ??? )

This is WASHINGTON DC -- This stuff NEVER happens here !!!

I was pretty sure it was a quake -- though I've never experienced one before -- and immediately looked outside to make sure the world hadn't caved in. I figured it was that -- or a giant bomb had gone off downtown near the White House.

The story is now being covered wall to wall on my local TV news.

(does anyone have any advice on how much food and water I should gather ?? I fear I may be stuck here for a while. Pray for us ...)
    Last edited by BARYE; 07/16/2010 at 05:09 AM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Are you sure it wasn't... err... BARYE's diet of nuts and legumes coming back to haunt him? Actually, I just heard about this. Researchers at Caltech said that, apparently, the pocket of hot air generated by beltway politicians has increased so drastically in recent years--expanding as far north as Greenland--it melted the ice caps causing a release in pressure that resulted in what you just felt.
  3.    #3  
    a website will be set up later today to coordinate the acceptance of charitable donations.

Please if at all possible, make your very important contributions in the form of cash, or secondarily if necessary, wire or Paypal transfers. Checks should be made payable to BARYE, and addressed the same.

(No food please -- though nuts and legumes are always appreciated when packed along with your cash contribution.)

Website names are obviously an important component in making campaigns like this successful -- are there any suggestions ??? (if I use your suggestion, I promise that you will get a prominent thank you credit in the "contact us" part of the website !!)
    Last edited by BARYE; 07/16/2010 at 05:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    a website will be set up later today to coordinate the acceptance of charitable donations.

Please if at all possible, make your very important contributions in the form of cash, or secondarily if necessary, wire or Paypal transfers. Checks should be made payable to BARYE, and addressed the same.

(No food please -- though nuts and legumes are always appreciated when packed along with your cash contribution.)

Website names are obviously an important component in making campaigns like this successful -- are there any suggestions ??? (if I use your suggestion, I promise that you will get a prominent thank you credit in the "contact us" part of the website !!)
    So do the donations go to MoveOn or the SPCA?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    So do the donations go to MoveOn or the SPCA?
    It is highly recommended that contributions be sent directly to BARYE -- organizations like the Red Cross, SPCA, MoveOn, can divert as much as 10% for their own overhead.

You can feel confident when donating direct to BARYE, that 100% is received by your intended recipient.

BTW -- are there any suggestions as to the bands we should be including for the fund raising concert ??
    It is highly recommended that contributions be sent directly to BARYE -- organizations like the Red Cross, SPCA, MoveOn, can divert as much as 10% for their own overhead.

You can feel confident when donating direct to BARYE, that 100% is received by your intended recipient.

BTW -- are there any suggestions as to the bands we should be including for the fund raising concert ??
    Well, my immediate response would be a Monkees reunion....if Mickey's dried out.

And of course, Fight Like Apes....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fight_Like_Apes
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Well, my immediate response would be a Monkees reunion....if Mickey's dried out.

And of course, Fight Like Apes....Fight Like Apes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    The Monkees of course -- and I will insist that they only perform the songs they composed themselves, and used their own instruments on !!
    Last edited by BARYE; 07/16/2010 at 11:32 AM.
    God is talking to you BARYE ! Ha ha
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    God is talking to you BARYE ! Ha ha
    I confess there was a fleeting moment when I wondered if the Rapture had begun -- part of why I checked outside was to see if I was the only one left behind ...
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    I confess there was a fleeting moment when I wondered if the Rapture had begun -- part of why I checked outside was to see if I was the only one left behind ...
    Why would you think you'd be the only one left behind? You live in D.C.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    true -- it might have been weeks before I'd notice that anyone was missing ...
    Barye,
    We, in California, have had 526 earthquakes in the past 7 days. So the folks in California would like to request that you remain on the East Coast because we are scared that you would bring your earthquake, what did you say it was, a 3.5, with you, and that would be the straw that breaks the camel's back. While it is true we are used to earthquake intensities of between 5 and 7.2, a 3.5 really scares us. It is also true that we average 600 earthquakes a week, a huge 3.5 would send us into the streets screaming and yelling. Nothing personal. but STAY IN DC!

Please hit the thanks button if you agree.
  13.    #13  
    the big giveaway would have been the republicans gaining the majority in both the Senate and House, and retaking the White House
    Quote Originally Posted by PREferred View Post
    Barye,
    We, in California, have had 526 earthquakes in the past 7 days. So the folks in California would like to request that you remain on the East Coast because we are scared that you would bring your earthquake, what did you say it was, a 3.5, with you, and that would be the straw that breaks the camel's back. While it is true we are used to earthquake intensities of between 5 and 7.2, a 3.5 really scares us. It is also true that we average 600 earthquakes a week, a huge 3.5 would send us into the streets screaming and yelling. Nothing personal. but STAY IN DC!

Please hit the thanks button if you agree.
    great public service announcement. we have earthquakes for breakfast lunch and dinner. Taste just like chicken. Cali, great place to visit ;-)
  15.    #15  
    Barye,
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch1222 View Post
    great public service announcement. we have earthquakes for breakfast lunch and dinner. Taste just like chicken. Cali, great place to visit

I can't help but observe some churlish recent comments from those from that other coast -- regarding the magnitude of what BARYE experienced.

Let it be known that this was the LARGEST earthquake EVER recorded in Washington, DC !!!

Minor earthquake shakes US capital's movers
    By KAREN MAHABIR, Associated Press

WASHINGTON – A minor earthquake shook residents awake in the DC area early Friday, rattling windows and jostling dishes but apparently causing no serious damage.

And while Californians might scoff at the 3.6-magnitude quake, Susan Potter, a geophysicist at the U.S. Geological Survey, said it was the strongest to hit within 30 miles of D.C. since they began keeping records...
    Last edited by BARYE; 07/16/2010 at 11:36 AM.
    I can't help but observe some churlish recent comments from those from that other coast -- regarding the magnitude of what BARYE experienced.

Let it be known that this was the LARGEST earthquake EVER recorded in Washington, DC !!!

Minor earthquake shakes US capital's movers
    By KAREN MAHABIR, Associated Press

WASHINGTON A minor earthquake shook residents awake in the DC area early Friday, rattling windows and jostling dishes but apparently causing no serious damage.

And while Californians might scoff at the 3.6-magnitude quake, Susan Potter, a geophysicist at the U.S. Geological Survey, said it was the strongest to hit within 30 miles of D.C. since they began keeping records.
    Yes... you must be very shaken. for DC.. that was HUGE!
    In cali... it would have assisted in my mojito making process. Shake for 15 to 30 seconds ;-)
    Are you accepting Mojito's to help sooth the nerves?
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Its all relative, I suppose. Having been through some major quakes, I have to chuckle when I hear all the commotion about a 3.6er. Then again, if you're not used to the ground moving from underneath you, even a small one can probably be pretty unsettling.

An interesting note, between 1997 and 2007, earthquakes of a magnitude greater than 7.0 have increased more than six times over any other decade in recorded history.
    Its all relative, I suppose. Having been through some major quakes, I have to chuckle when I hear all the commotion about a 3.6er. Then again, if you're not used to the ground moving from underneath you, even a small one can probably be pretty unsettling.

An interesting note, between 1997 and 2007, earthquakes of a magnitude greater than 7.0 have increased more than six times over any other decade in recorded history.
    So, is Barye to blame for any of this?
  19.    #19  
    So, is Barye to blame for any of this?
    The president of the PTA

The President of the United States

gods

God

BARYE
    Perhaps some of you have seen one the many movies made about my martyred friend, KING KONG.

Possibly you might recall then, the earth shaking when he roared.

He was not I assure you, roaring because of some silly flirtation with a human female -- he was roaring because some human had misspelled his name !!!!

BARYE is known -- like his friend Mel -- to be a bit bipolar.

You can only imagine what a roar BARYE makes when his name is disrespected and misspelled.

Association with earthquakes ?? I'll leave that to the seismologists ...
    earthquakes are very freaky. Not sure I will ever get used to them.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast